Profile for Michael > Reviews

Content by Michael

Michael

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
MAGLITE D CELL ACCESSORY KIT, WITH COLOURED LENSES, BRACKETRY ETC...
MAGLITE D CELL ACCESSORY KIT, WITH COLOURED LENSES, BRACKETRY ETC...
Offered by 4Tools

4.0 out of 5 stars Good accessories but maybe a little overpriced, 29 Jun 2013
I purchased this kit after a recommendation from a friend. I already owned a Maglite D cell, but wasn't aware that such a kit existed until I saw my friend's torch with the anti-roll device on it.

The torch holders have proven to be really handy. I have it set up on a shelf in my bedroom, so whenever I need my torch I know exactly where it is. Once I've finished I simply click it back into place and needn't worry about losing it. However, the same can't be said about the filters which I have managed to lose.

I used the red filter during some night-time exercises with cadets, but that was the last time I used it before it went missing. In terms of value for money I think almost £12 is quite expensive for a few bits of plastic and a piece of rubber, however, the practicality soon outweighs the cost. I've dropped one start for the cost.

2 TINS ZIPPO LIGHTER FUEL/FLUID+12 FLINTS+2 WICKS
2 TINS ZIPPO LIGHTER FUEL/FLUID+12 FLINTS+2 WICKS
Offered by Price Dropped UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap, it's Zippo and it's generally great value for money, 29 Jun 2013
I bought these for my father as he owns and uses a Zippo on a regular basis. You can buy alternatives to Zippo, but once I saw this bundle at such a great price I didn't see any reason not to purchase it.

You can't really complain as you get everything you need to keep a Zippo functioning properly. You have the benefit that you're using all Zippo products which have all been made specifically for Zippo lighters.

Great price and great products, what more can I say.

Premium Feeding Station Kit
Premium Feeding Station Kit
Offered by Longacres Garden Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but a little wobbly at times, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Premium Feeding Station Kit
I find that in general this bird feeder is good value for money, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "premium".

The feeding station, once assembled, does look nice in the garden and provides a nice array of different feeders, trays and baths for the birds in your garden. The poles simply slot into one other and then stick into the soil. However, the poles aren't really a snug fit and tend to wobble around a lot in the wind and when heavier birds land on the station. I did partially-resolve this issue by wedging some cardboard inside where the poles fit together, but this only removed the worst of the wobble.

Apart from the wobbly downside, the station is a nice purchase which I would recommend. You have the added benefit of the two free feeders (which I have subsequently replaced due them being sabotaged by squirrels). Gardman also offer additional accessories such as squirrel baffles which is a nice addition if they are pests in your garden.

Overall I would recommend this product because of its look, the fact it has brought some lovely birds to our garden, but beware of the wobble-factor.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely feel and nice quality, 29 Jun 2013
I originally purchased these cards to practice some card tricks, but unfortunately my magic career did not make it past the bedroom and I was forced to stick to my day job - at no fault of the cards must I add!

These are good value playing cards which have a much better feel and playing ability than your standard budget cards found in most shops. Bicycle's air cushion design allows for a lovely fluid motion when manipulating the deck, something I've never felt with other decks that I've used in the past. Two packs of quality playing cards for £4 is a bargain to me and I would certainly buy them again.

Just to note, I took these on holiday with me a few weeks ago and they were used every day for several hours. They still look and feel as good as new despite being handled a lot. Highly recommended!

151 INTERIOR DEHUMIDIFIER DE HUMIDIFIER DAMP REMOVER
151 INTERIOR DEHUMIDIFIER DE HUMIDIFIER DAMP REMOVER
Offered by buyabargainuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well in confined spaces, 29 Jun 2013
I purchased two of these to help with a massive damp problem that I have with a wall running along-side my bed. They are extremely simple to use; you simply remove the wrapping, peel off a foil lid and them place them in the damp area to begin sucking moisture out of the air.

I placed both items underneath my bed near a wall which was suffering from damp and condensation during the winter months. These filled with water over several weeks and appears to help alleviate my damp problem. I wouldn't say they are as effective as an electric dehumidifier, but for £1.50 you simply can't complain.

I can't comment on their efficiency in larger spaces, but for places such as wardrobes or under beds they appear to be effective. I would buy these again.

Yankee Candle luxury Christmas 6 Sampler Pack - Gift Wrapped- in Gold Box, Gold Tissue & Gold Ribbon & includes WHITE CHRISTMAS
Offered by Bubblelush divine gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas gift, but beware of the sizes, 29 Jun 2013
This is a lovely Christmas gift for anybody who is in to their scented candles, but be warned that they are small.

I bought this particular set for my mother, who funnily enough is a Yankee candle addict. She normally buys the standard scents, so I thought that giving her some Christmas-specific smells would make a nice change. Overall she loved the candles, but they don't last long at all. This is to be expected for their size and purpose as samplers, but it would be nice for them to last a little longer. The presentation of the box with the ribbon is a nice touch.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper in bulk, but not entirely sure of the effectiveness, 29 Jun 2013
I bought this pack of three in order to save some money in the long run.

As a young man in my early twenties, the sight of thinning hair on my crown (nicely pointed out by my partner) was a worrying thought. I decided to purchase this shampoo after seeing the adverts on the TV and thought I've got nothing to lose, and so far things appear to be OK. I've been using the shampoo for several months and my hair loss appears to have slowed down (i.e. the amount of hair that I find on my pillow / shirt collar has reduced significantly). I wouldn't say it has made me grown thicker or produced more hair, but if it stops hair falling out then I'm all for it. I'd rather have relatively thin hair on top than none at all at my age.

The shampoo has a nice scent about it and produces a slight cool / tingling sensation when left on for the recommended 120 seconds. The instructions claim that the longer you leave the shampoo on your scalp, the more ingredients will be absorbed and thus produce a better result. How much this is backed up with science and research is anybody's' guess, but overall it is a nice product to use. Even it it didn't work I'd be happy to use this product due to it's scent.

DENTAL MIRROR AND SCALERS SET
DENTAL MIRROR AND SCALERS SET
Offered by Awan Traders

3.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, but beware of the sharpness!, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: DENTAL MIRROR AND SCALERS SET
For the price this set is of fantastic quality, in fact it was much better than anticipated. I originally bought these after having some intermittent dental issues in between seeing my dentist, so I thought these would help keep my teeth in shape. The mirror, despite fogging easy with my breath, has proven to be really handy at viewing developing caries. This helps me target areas better during brushing my teeth.

As for the other tools, I would probably steer clear due to their sharpness. The points on the "scalers" are so sharp that I've accidentally injured my gums on several occasions. This may be partly down to my stupidity, but I'd be warned that they can easily cause some nasty scrapes and result in ulcers. I'd also be careful if attempting to remove plaque from your teeth with them as this may lead to damaging your enamel. Personally I would stick with flossing and leave the poking around to the dental professionals.

I haven't had any other uses for the set other than for dental check-ups, but I'm sure the mirror could come in handy when trying to view things in tight spaces.

Samsung UE32EH5000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview (New for 2012) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality for the price, but not the thinnest of TVs, 28 Jun 2013
Like most others who are in the market looking for a new television, I done a lot of research before purchasing this item. Ensuring I was getting a good quality item was very important for me, particularly as the TV was a gift rather than for my own use. In general this TV does not disappoint in any way.

Despite reading the dimensions of the TV in the product description, I found the unit to be a little thicker than originally anticipated, but that is to be expected from something in this price range. However, it's a lot thinner than the old CRT TV that it was replacing that's for sure!

The setting up of the unit was amazingly simple to say the least. The on-screen guide takes you through the initial configuration and set-up of channels, all of which can be done using the remote control. Once configured the TV is amazingly simple to use via the on-screen menu which allows you to change various display and sound settings with ease through a simple and intuitive user-interface. One point to add is that this TV has access to the Freeview HD channels which are simply fantastic to watch. The standard definition channels do look a bit fuzzy in comparison, but nothing so awful that you simply can't watch it (particularly if you sit some distance from the TV). The LED technology gives colours a much richer tone and provides much better contrast ratios to other televisions. I'll admit that the quality isn't as good as some higher-end models, but that is what you pay the premium for. The same can be said for the sound quality - for my intended use it has proved to be fantastic.

The quality of the product is generally OK for the price. One small gripe is the fact that the base / stand is static and cannot be tilted or turned. This problem was soon eradicated after purchasing a 200x200 VESA wall mount, which I must add was easy to install and has proved to work well with this TV (it's relatively light for the size).

The available connections on the TV are not as generous as some other offerings, but they met my requirements which is one of the reasons I opted for it. There is a single SCART socket available which some people may consider obsolete, but I find this handy to hook up a DVD player if you don't currently own a Blu-Ray player. The addition of a USB port and embedded software which reads the contents is an excellent feature which has come in handy. Myself and my partner have watched numerous films straight from a USB stick. The built-in software allows you to browse the contents of your drive, looking at things such as pictures, music, movies etc.

Overall this has proven to be a very capable TV without all the bells and whistles of most others on the market. If you aren't looking for a 3D capable smart television and have a tighter budget, I don't think you can go wrong with this purchase. Just take into account the connections on the back, the depth of the unit and the inability to swivel or tilt it on the stand.

Masterplug Indoor Power SHADC-MP Shaver Adaptor Fused (White)
Masterplug Indoor Power SHADC-MP Shaver Adaptor Fused (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but does the job perfectly, 28 Jun 2013
There isn't much I can say about this product other than it's excellent value for money and does the job it is intended for. The quality seems robust, particularly for the price.

I'm currently using mine to plug my electric toothbrush charger into and so far I have no issues despite its constant use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4