Profile for Michael > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
HILLY Marathon Fresh Running Sock - Grey/Orange/Black, Medium
HILLY Marathon Fresh Running Sock - Grey/Orange/Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars The best running socks I own, 25 April 2015
Used on my first half marathon, no blisters despite running in wet all day. Top product - great fit.

I bought these socks in preparation for conpleting my first half marathon. I have always been plagued by blisters when my feet get wet or sweaty. On runs greater than around 5km, I've always suffered greatly, so I needed to do something.

Despite buying these a week prior to my run (not recommended to change kit without testing it first), I am super impressed! I completed my run on a day of endless rain and running through puddles. The construction of the sock helps take the friction away from your skin and helps reduce blisters. Safe to say, I didn't experience any blisters and completed my run comfortably!

Recommended.

Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender, 0.6 L, 300 W - White/Green
Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender, 0.6 L, 300 W - White/Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little machine, 25 April 2015
I bought this as a part of my recent health drive. I was reluctant to buy something which would break the bank, so I turned to the budget smoothie makes like this one - and it doesn't disappoint.

The unit and bottles are a handy size and easy to store away when not required, not like some bulky blenders. To make a smoothie you simply screw the blade cap onto the bottle, turn it upside down and fit it on to the unit. Holding the button down spins the blades and makes easy work of pretty much any fruit and veg.

In the short time I have used it I have managed to blend things like mango, banana, melon, pineapple, apples, oranges etc. without any issues at all. Once blended, simply swap the blade lid for the normal drinks bottle and you are ready to drink (or store in the fridge).

Not much else to say really. You won't be disappointed at this price range - just look for some nice recipes online and enjoy!

66Fit Eva Foam Roller And DVD - Blue, 15 X 45 cm
66Fit Eva Foam Roller And DVD - Blue, 15 X 45 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped my knee problems a lot!, 21 Sept. 2014
I suffer for chronic knee pain which my physiotherapist put down to an underdeveloped Vastus Medialis (VMO). After performing the exercises set by my physio, I was still feeling lots of pain in the knee and began to look into other rememdies - this is where self massage came in.

The roller is made of a high density foam, which when first used can be accustomed to rolling on a cyclinder of concrete in my opinion. When I first started rolling my quads and IT band the pain was almost excruciating, but I persevered and the rewards are fantastic. The pain of rolling rapidly dies down after doing it for a few days, and then the benefits start to appear. My knee pain has significantly reduced (although not completely gone) and I put it down to rolling every day.

You can use the roller for lots of different muscle groups, but I tend to use them for my legs as I am a keen cyclist and often suffer from cramps and muscle fatigue. There is a DVD which comes with the rollers which I've yet to try out, but I believe it contains demonstrations on exercises you can perform with the roller.

Overall, if you're suffering with knee pains or not, the foam roller is a great tool to help keep your muscles loosened and feeling their best.

MONTAR Universal Car Mount For Smartphones GPS One Hand 360 Rotation Best Holder Cradle Windshield Dashboard For iPhone 5/5S/6/6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S4/S5/S6/S6 Edge Note 3/4 HTC ONE M8/M9 Sony Xperia Z3/Z4/Z3 Compact
Offered by Go4More ( VAT Registered )

4.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, great adjustability and great design, 21 Sept. 2014
My ageing sat nav got to the point where it was directing me across too many fields and sending me towards one-way streets that I opted to use Google Maps on my mobile instead. Additionally, I wanted to have my phone mounted in the car as hands free calling.

After reading the reviews on here, I opted for the Montar Universal Car Mount as it appeared to offer everything I was looking for. I wanted a quality product that would last, something that would firmly hold my smart phone and something with a good degree of adjustment. This item fits the bill perfectly.

This mount feels solid, and after using it for many many months I'm yet to find fault with it. The bottom pad has a tacky feel to it which helps it stick to textured dashboards (I use it in my Audi A4 which has a slightly dimpled surface). My only gripe is that it appears to leave some sort of residue on the dash, resulting in an unsightly darker ring in comparison to the rest of the material on my dash. I've tried using wet wipes to remove the mark but it's still there.

The grip is very strong (not so much it will break your device mind...) and expands to a fairly large size. I use it with my iPhone 6 and previously with my iPhone 4S and the both fit fine with no issues (vertical rotation or horizontal rotation). Finally the item also looks sleek, something which always helps with customer satisfaction.

Overall I would highly recommend forking out that little bit extra for this instead of buying cheap and potentially buying twice with inferior products.

Muc-Off 5 Litre Bicycle Cleaner - Pink
Muc-Off 5 Litre Bicycle Cleaner - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars A great all-round bike cleaner - works out cheaper for refills, 21 Sept. 2014
I swear by Muc-Off products as they just seem to do the job perfectly (used it long before Team Sky got on board and started promoting it). There are lots of alternatives on the market, but I'm the kind of person who likes to stick with a product that I've tried and tested to do the job in hand - Muc-Off does just that.

Particularly in the winter months, my bike tends to get caked in dirt after just a couple of rides (being a commuter cyclist makes it happen much quicker). To help keep everything in clean, running order I try to keep my bike as clean as possible. Muc-Off bicycle cleaner is a simple to use cleaner - you simply rinse excess dirt off your bike, spray muc-off on and leave it for a few minutes to work its magic, agitate it with a brush and then rinse it off.

It doesn't work fantastically with oil as it's not really a degreaser, but for removing general dirt it is fantastic. Purchasing it in the 5-litre bottle allows me to refill my hand spray bottle at a much cheaper price than simply buying new. Highly recommended.

Goliton® Digital camera mini octopus tripod adapter for Gopro Hero 4/1/3/2/3+- Black
Offered by Bestin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little tripod for the GoPro, 21 Sept. 2014
Official gorilla tripods cost a fortune compared with this little one, but for the price it's great. I originally purchased it for setting up my GoPro at the side of the road during the Tour de France Grand Départ in Yorkshire where it done a fine job.

The legs are infinitely adjustable due to their pivot-motion joints on each ball, which in turn makes it possible to stand it in awkward places/uneven surfaces. It is also ideal for wrapping around relatively thing objects such as poles etc. The feet and pivots contain small amounts of grippy rubber which help keep the tripod on place. As I haven't has extensive use out of it, I can't comment on how great this grip is, but from my few uses it hasn't let me down.

Finally, the tripod comes with the detachable GoPro mount which screws onto the tripod using a traditional tripod thread. I wouldn't recommend you use this for anything more substantial than a GoPro or a small point-and-shoot camera as it probably wouldn't hold the weight very well.

All round a great little tripod which serves its purpose and saves a few pounds in the wallet compared to the fancier alternatives.

Espet Bike HANDLEBAR SEATPOST POLE MOUNT for Gopro Hero 3 2 1 (small size)
Espet Bike HANDLEBAR SEATPOST POLE MOUNT for Gopro Hero 3 2 1 (small size)
Offered by GoEasyWay

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after the 4th use, nearly lost my GoPro!, 21 Sept. 2014
I took part in a charity cycle ride which involved cycling 1400 miles across the UK and into mainland Europe. With this being such a big challenge, I opted to invest in some video equipment and decided to go for the GoPro 3. After reading into the official GoPro handlebar mount, I got the impression that it wasn't work the massive asking price for something which could be bought at a fraction of the cost. Additionally, the official one has poor reviews saying it broke after the first use.

The one positive I can say about this item is that it lasted more than it's first use, instead it broke on it's 4th. I managed to cycle 4 days from Scotland -> Ireland -> Wales and then into England where it decided it had given up. I was cycling up a hill with the GoPro mounted on my handlebars when I seen it start to shake vigourously. Luckily I put my hand out just in time when the whole camera simply fell off into my hand - not something you want to happen to something which costs around the £300 mark!

I know the item was a lot cheaper than the official mount, but I thought it would last longer than it did. I was more disappointed that I ended up missing out on a lot of footage because I didn't have another handlebar mount with me (I resorted to my helmet mount instead). My warning is to simply not expect a lot of use out of this item, even if it's minor use.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m / 3 Feet - White
AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m / 3 Feet - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality with guaranteed compatibility, 21 Sept. 2014
It does exactly what it's designed to do. I'd even go as far as saying it seems better quality than the one which came with my iPhone.

Spigen Neo Hybrid Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Satin Silver
Spigen Neo Hybrid Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Satin Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design let down by some minor design flaws (buttons!), 21 Sept. 2014
The design and feel of this case is great, I can't fault it. It doesn't make the phone feel bulky in any way whilst providing a good protective shell. The rear of the case is made from a textured rubber, which aids with the grip of the phone and should prevent it from taking a big hit if you drop it. Aesthetically it's a stunningly simply case.

Now onto the bad points - the buttons. The feedback of the buttons is simply rubbish. They are so hit and miss (both the volume rocker and the power button) and they require you to find their 'sweet spot' before they actually work. Additionally, they don't make the buttons click as they should which makes it hard to know if you're actually pressing them properly. My other moan is how hard it is to reach the 'silent' switch as a person with relatively short nails. The depth and gap you have available to switch the phone to silent/loud is simply too deep and small for my fingers/nails (this may not apply to everybody).

Someone did mention in another view that you can scrape the inside of the button off slightly to help alleviate this issue, but personally I think it's a design flaw and shouldn't be up to the consumers to fix. Also, I don't want to void my return if I attempt this fix and it still doesn't work.

My advice is to wait until Spigen rethink their design and possibly bring out a more tried and tested revised version.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 5:44 PM BST

X
X

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy with a great mixture of styles, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
I've always been a fan of Ed Sheeran's songs in the charts and never really bothered to listen to his albums. This is my first Ed Sheeran album that I've listened to the whole way through, and I must admit I am pleasantly surprised.

The album offers a great mixture of song styles with the addition of 'I See Fire' from the Hobbit, which is in fact a personal favourite of mine. In general the songs are mainly about relationships with people and each one tells a little story, each one in a different musical style.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4