Profile for declan > Reviews

Content by declan

declan "decalxy" (Somerset, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)
Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 27 Nov. 2014
I agree with all the 1star reviewers, this was by far the worst book of the series. A superhuman crook, a stupid girl and a nauseating home life, I used to wait in anticipation for a new Grace novel, not any more, I think he's going down the same route as Stephen Booth, write as many books as possible in a series before people catch on as to how progressively worse they are getting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2015 11:40 PM GMT

The Camelot Code
The Camelot Code

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Camelot Code (Kindle Edition)
One of the most preposterous books I have ever tried to read, I managed about a third. The main character lieutenant? Fallon is the most ignorant, rude, self-opinionated, arrogant American ever, she gives the rest a bad name. I like historical novels but this was so wrong on many levels. DON'T BOTHER, it's not worth losing any time over.

Dead on Demand (A DCI Morton Crime Novel Book 1)
Dead on Demand (A DCI Morton Crime Novel Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 24 May 2014
Where to start, poor editing,spelling mistakes ludicrous plot, is it for the USA ie. Deputies. Don't bother with this dross.

40 Days 40 Nights: A Sgt Major Crane Novel
40 Days 40 Nights: A Sgt Major Crane Novel

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 18 May 2014
I couldn't finish this book. It is truly dreadful, boring,patronising with a thoroughly unpleasant main character. The whole cast are cardboard outputs with not a saving grace between them.

BLUE MURDER at Kudu: a very British murder mystery novel set in Africa (crime fiction books)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 17 May 2014
I thought this would be similar to tom Sharpe (indecent exposure ) however this was so badly written, unfunny and banal I couldn't finish it. This is probably the worst book it has been my misfortune to read let alone purchase.

Kickback (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 3)
Kickback (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hometown crime, 8 May 2014
I have read all three books in the series and as I live in Burnham on Sea I can relate to all locations in the books. I would recommend these books to anyone who likes a British detective novel, they are easy to read with good plots and characters.

The Templar Prophecy (John Hart)
The Templar Prophecy (John Hart)

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 22 Mar. 2014
What an absolute load of tripe. I thought it was about the Templars not a halfwitted photo-journalist, there`s naive then plain stupidity, I wouldn't` recommend this book to a 10 year old.

The Cut (Spero Lucas Book 1)
The Cut (Spero Lucas Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 1 Jan. 2014
The first and last book by this author I have tried to read,if I wanted to get round Washington I'll buy an A to Z.Who cares what they eat or dress like, a one dimensional lead character with no redeeming features, the best American author, what a joke, try michael/john Connolly.

Storm Front (Virgil Flowers Series Book 7)
Storm Front (Virgil Flowers Series Book 7)

2.0 out of 5 stars unadulterated garbage, 15 Dec. 2013
I tried to finish this book but eventually gave up after 75% approx. I can`t believe this was written by John Sandford it is absolute garbage. Leave the conspiracy theories to Dan Brown and don`t try and write like Patterson ie for kids.

Children of the Revolution: The 21st DCI Banks Mystery (Inspector Banks 21)
Children of the Revolution: The 21st DCI Banks Mystery (Inspector Banks 21)
by Peter Robinson

2.0 out of 5 stars below par, 6 Dec. 2013
Having read all the previous books in the series, I thought this was the worst written and boring of them all. There was far too much of the interplay between Banks and Cabot (what an annoying person she has turned out too be), an unlikely love interest and not much of a plot.I sincerely hope he gets back on course with the next one.

Page: 1 | 2