Profile for ChrisO71 > Reviews

Batman: Animated Series 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Batman: Animated Series 3 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic volume, 29 Mar. 2011
I've only watched half of this so far but there are some great episodes with wonderful, entertaining dialogue and consistently good story lines.
There's some quirky animation in the Batgirl story and plenty of old characters return to take on Batman and Robin. As stated elsewhere, there is an interesting focus on the 'gangs of Gotham' that runs through most of the stories.
I hesitated in buying number 3 as it was more expensive than 1 or 2 due to it only being available on import. I should not have worried about the higher price, the collection is well worth it.
I was pleased with how quickly my order arrived from the States and how well packaged the DVD was.
I am looking forward to watching the rest of this volume but sad that I am approaching the end of this wonderful, classic series.

Geox Toddler Junior Art.J9324C Fashion Trainer Black/Ochre Yellow J9324C5423C0620 9 Child UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and versatile trainers, 28 Mar. 2011
My 3yr old loves running, climbing and kicking things. These trainers are ideal for the lively little one and the breathable sole looks convincing too. The straps are very secure and easy for him to undo and the product is good-looking.
They look like they will last a while too.
Highly recommended.

What Did You Expect From The Vaccines? [Explicit]
What Did You Expect From The Vaccines? [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great expectations met and exceeded, 14 Mar. 2011
I'm not sure that the journos will get this one. Basically, it's a music fans' album.
It offers some grandiosity but leaves you with an overall feeling that where you have been for the last half hour is "With The Vaccines"(which is, luckily, a title they decided not to go with).
It's the unexpected that is the real pleasure here. We all know Wreckin' Bar(Ra Ra Ra)as a deliciously surfin' fizzes-on-the-tongue single from a band that do not pad-it-out and 'Post break-up sex', 'Blow It Up' and 'If You Wanna' are accomplished, lovingly-executed stories but the Phil Spector-influenced 'Wetsuit' and Beatles Rock n' Roll of 'Norgaad' should bring a smile to the most cynical face.
The surf intro is nicely rounded off at the album climax with 'Family Friend' which leads out on some beautifully VU/Mary chain guitars and drums.
Although I doubt any of them were born when The Stone Roses debut album came out, in common with the Roses, Vaccines bring back(?)/along the sounds we all wanna hear and they do it with pleasure as opposed to posturing.
Expect to hear this album everywhere this Spring/Summer. Enjoy it then and now.

The Spectacular Spider-Man - Volume Two [DVD] [2010]
The Spectacular Spider-Man - Volume Two [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Josh Keaton
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 12 Feb. 2011
These cartoons are a great modern take on the Spidey story. Excellent animation and voiceovers and nice pace to the storylines. Good value at the price but will leaving you wanting more so maybe worth getting a couple at once.

Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (DK Readers: Level 1)
Star Wars: Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story (DK Readers: Level 1)
by Simon Beecroft

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Dad, 23 Oct. 2010
I was worried that my 5 yr old son was struggling with his reading because it always seemed a real effort to get through the very basic schoolbooks that he brought home. Knowing how much he loves Lego Star Wars and the Clone Wars, I thought that I would give these books a go after reading positive feedback.
I have to say that in the last week I have seen a changed boy. He is now asking me when he can read with me again and which others there are in the series. On first and second reading, I was amazed at not only how many of the large words he was getting right first time but also how he was able to reognize some fairly complicated names e.g Skywalker, Stormtroopers, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
This book is a good length for 30 minutes steady reading and has a quiz at the end. It is filled with lush photographs from the films and aims to explain the story of Luke and his relationships to his father, Yoda etc. The 'good' versus 'bad'message of the story is very clear and easy for a young reader to grasp.
I grew up with Star Wars so am able to answer many of the questions that the book doesn't cover. Anyone new to the saga will be able to find a wealth of background info online.
It really goes to show that if you find something that a kid has an interest in they can make progress very quickly. Now how do we get the Star Wars saga onto the national curriculum?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2011 1:35 PM GMT