Profile for minty > Reviews

Content by minty

minty (cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Good Food: One-pot Dishes: Triple-tested Recipes: Tried-and-tested Recipes (Good Food 101)
by Jeni Wright

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like the recipes, 5 Feb 2014
Just thought they were odd, with mismatched tastes. Cooked the rice and lamb dish with apricots. It wasn't nice at all. So, I wouldn't recommend this book.

Crock-Pot Digital Countdown Slow Cooker, 4.7 Litre - Gloss Black
Crock-Pot Digital Countdown Slow Cooker, 4.7 Litre - Gloss Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt my food on one side, 5 Feb 2014
I have owned a previous slow cooker, but looked forward to owning this one because it had the advantage of a timer!

However, 5 hours on "low" for a lamb and rice dish yielded poor results. There was plenty of moisture in the dish, but all along one side of the cooker it was very burnt. I had seen some reviewers mentioning this, but I saw with my own eyes this.

I will return to my cheap Morphy Richards! But I would love to find a slow cooker with a timer that really does SLOW COOK at a low temperature, and not burning would be an advantage too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 11:23 PM BST

Restaurant Quality 8 Piece Steak Knife and Fork Set with Dark Pear Wood Handles and Stainless Steel Blades & FREE UK Delivery
Offered by HospitalityQuality

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good., 31 Jan 2014
Quite nice quality. Not obviously top-of-the-range. But works fine and pretty good value for all that. Best value I could find on the net. Be warned, knives are sharp!

Kolay iPod Nano 7G Case - White Leather Flip Case Cover For Apple iPod Nano 7th Gen Generation
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but expensive for what it is, 31 Jan 2014
Still, I couldn't find anything cheaper. Liked the little cosy warmer as well. Useful for when nano ipod not in use much/storage.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price., 15 Jan 2014
As it came from China, I wondered if the quality would be good, or if it would arrive at all, but its fine. I really like it because its so narrow, with a pouch just big enough for some keys and money. Its a tiny bit stretchy so you could squeeze a bit more in, but I think this pouch is suitable for someone who wants it just for a key or some money, maybe small nano ipod. Its a gift to my son when he goes out to play!!!

P.S. Quality-wise, I have noticed a tiny bit of fraying so it probably won't last forever, but will probably get lost first anyway. And still compares favourably on price of £15 plus in UK.

JAMMYLIZARD White Executive Ultra Slim Leather Wallet Smart Case for New iPad Air (iPad 5, 5th Generation Released November 1st 2013) with Full Sleep Wake Compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007

2.0 out of 5 stars Felt hassled by seller to give reviews, 8 Jan 2014
Beware - item fine, but not happy when they emailed me saying thanks for the Seller Review, could I now write a Product Review?! I felt completely hassled. They offered me a stylus or something I don't want, if I give one. I found this intrusive as I had already give a review, and had simply not got round to the product review. I always try and give helpful and reviews when possible, but don't like being emailed or hassled for them, especially when I had already given a 5/5 Seller review (which I have now removed as I could not amend).

Daffodil ULT300 Dual Powered USB Light - 28 Bulb Reading Lamp with Desk / Headboard Clamp and Flexible Gooseneck - Battery (4xAA Not Included) or USB Power - 3 Brightness Levels - PC and MAC Compatible
Offered by Daffodil UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Very white light, 3 Jan 2014
Bought this for my son. Its undoubtedly good quality. But don't like the white light effect, personally. Its like a floodlight at a football game. Prefer something more yellow/subtle

Fashy Hot Water Bottle with Fleece Cover Red 2.0L
Fashy Hot Water Bottle with Fleece Cover Red 2.0L

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 3 Jan 2014
Its alright. Easy to pour hot water into, which is good. But a bit on the small side and not all that hot. But still OK.

L'Oreal Color Appeal Trio Pro Eyeshadow - 411 Stay Blue
L'Oreal Color Appeal Trio Pro Eyeshadow - 411 Stay Blue
Offered by CosmeticsQueenuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Jan 2014
Good quality at this price. Some of the other make up houses have ridiculous prices for a blue/purplish shade like this. I wish there was a lighter blue though.

Extra Large Mink Faux Fur Throw 200cm x 240cm Fuchia Pink
Extra Large Mink Faux Fur Throw 200cm x 240cm Fuchia Pink
Offered by AHOC Orders Dispatched Within 24 Hrs

3.0 out of 5 stars Its bigggg, 3 Jan 2014
Its big, its good quality, but its more of a Raspberry colour I would say. Personally, I would have preferred a smaller one. But great for a big double bed etc, probably.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16