Profile for Amazon Addict > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2096

Amazon Addict (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Anker® Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Anker® Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly charged, 20 Mar. 2015
Very handy and very compact charger for my Blackberry. With an adapter I can fully charge my other half's iPhone too. It has a great capacity and is very portable indeed. Well made and solid -it feels like it won't fall apart easily. A really useful accessory for any smartphone user -They do seem to need frequent charging no matter what the manufacturers claim. This gadget takes away the worry of being caught short away from home without access to a charger. Very happy with this.

Sorbothane Cush N Step Insoles - Size 3-4.5
Sorbothane Cush N Step Insoles - Size 3-4.5

5.0 out of 5 stars A spring in her step, 20 Mar. 2015
I bought a first pair of these for my winter boots, used daily in the cold weather for dog walking on the beach. They had rather thin soles and were a bit roomy. These insoles fit perfectly, have made the walks much more comfortable, and warmer too -they insulate well. The spring they give on stepping is really nice underfoot -and they would be very good if you had metatarsalgia or a similar painful foot condition.

I like them so much I have bought another two pairs for my wellies and another pair of walking boots, and -two pairs of these smaller ones for my other half for her wellies and walking boots. Her experience is the same as mine and we are both really happy with them. Worth every penny.

AA

OLIVE TREE IN A VINTAGE CONTAINER- Superb Gift-Plant & Flower Gift For Birthday,Wedding,New Home Or Just A Simple Thankyou
Offered by Giftaplant

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Olive, 20 Mar. 2015
I bought this as a thank you gift for a friend -she loved it. It is very tiny but very sweet, and looks exactly as it does in the picture. The five stars reflects her happiness with the tree. It arrived promptly and in perfect condition.

AA

Glenmuir Mens Selection of Casual Formal Business Bamboo Socks 6 Pair UK 7-11 (E6000) Beige
Offered by i-Smalls Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock it to me, 19 Mar. 2015
I bought these to replace my now wearing-out Pringle bamboo fibre socks. I do love the softness of bamboo and these feel great. My Pringles tended to leave fluff between my toes which would then scatter the cream carpet in my bedroom with flecks. Very irritating. These do not seem to do that. They wash well and are looking good after daily wear and multiple washes. My impression is that they will last longer than the Pringles, but time will tell.

Duronic VC7 HEPA Filter Bagless Upright Handheld Stick Vac 800W (MAX) Vacuum Cleaner - FREE 2 in 1 Crevice/Brush Tool and a FREE extra HEPA filter - Convert from Upright to Hand Held in Seconds!
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean machine, 19 Mar. 2015
I bought this to save lugging the heavy main vacuum cleaner up stairs. This lives on the first floor. It is good for general loose debris, and has good suction. The lack of a rotating brush means it can barely cope with animal fluff (we are owned by 4 cats and a dog) and cannot cope at all with dark sock fluff on a cream carpet.

Handy, lightweight and compact, but it has the limitations above so don't expect any heavy-duty performance.

it converts from hand held to upright very easily -a nice feature. Cable a bit short, so be prepared to use an extension cable unless your home is bristling with mains sockets.

Feliway Diffuser Pack 48ml
Feliway Diffuser Pack 48ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Pee free, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Feliway Diffuser Pack 48ml (Misc.)
Feliway has freed us from the tyranny of cat pee in our lounge. The culprit had been peeing on the carpet ever since two new kittens arrived in the house. After a raft of vetinary medical investigations, he got the all clear physically and the vet suggested we try this as he was sure the peeing was behavioural. The peeing stopped the day after we installed this, and we have just unplugged it after buying a refill bottle (two months). So far, no return of the behaviour. Success! The diffuser only gets mildly warm and we noticed no odours or changes at all in the air nearby.

The instruction sheet is very clear on what Feliway can and can't do, and how to use it to best effect. if you're not sure, contact the company or look at their website for advice before buying it. The price here on Amazon is about the best you can get anywhere.

One caution -we had fish in a tank in the same room die. We think the culprit was a spray we had used in the room, but we cannot absolutely rule out Feliway as a cause. the manufacturer's material safety data sheet states that there is no data on ecotoxicity (ie research not done) and in a forum on the subject I read that someone had been told by the manufacturer that though it is not known to be toxic to fish, it was thought best to use in different rooms. The jury is out on this one.

Master Class Non-Stick 39cm Baking Tray
Master Class Non-Stick 39cm Baking Tray

4.0 out of 5 stars Bake but please don't flake, 19 Mar. 2015
Now buying my second pair of these. I do like them -very solid, feel well made, but in common with other reviewers, I have had rusty water dripping out of the rolled edges after removing from the dishwasher. The last pair have lasted about 5 years, with heavy use, so have done well, but most of the non-stick coating is flaking off now. They are supposed to be dishwasher proof but I am going to wash these by hand from now on and store them on their sides so nothing can damage them -I did have them under other trays so i may be to blame.

The other trays are also Master Class, of different sizes, bought at the same time, but lasting much better, with intact non-stick coating in spite of dishwashing. If these don;t last, inspite of my improved handlng, I will invoke the guarantee -20 years on the tray and 5 years on the non-stick coating. I suspect I wont have to.

The old trays have come in very handy as they are exacly the right size to hold a couple of seed trays with this years tomatoes and peppers germinating in them!

HP 950XL/951XL - C/M/Y/K Ink Cartridge Combo Pack (C2P43AE)
HP 950XL/951XL - C/M/Y/K Ink Cartridge Combo Pack (C2P43AE)

5.0 out of 5 stars No inkompability problems, 19 Mar. 2015
Been getting these from Amazon for a couple of years, on account of the good price. Hard to beat anywhere. It's definitely worth shelling out for these -I have given up on cheap refilled cartridges -i've never had a good experience with them. These do the job and last a reasonable length of time.

Top Up Water DW005 De-Ionised Water 5 L
Top Up Water DW005 De-Ionised Water 5 L
Offered by Equestrian Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars For linen and lizards, 19 Mar. 2015
Very good value. We use this to fill up the mister for our chameleon's vivarium, to avoid scaling up the ultrasonic transducer that makes the mist, and also now in our steam generator iron which is supposed not to scale up with tap water. it certainly does, and regularly used to leave nasty brown chalk streaks and marks on our ironing. Not any more -the problem has been overcome and we are happy.

Archimedes the chameleon seems very happy too. In his own way.

HeroNeo® 100pcs Lovely Brown Wood Wooden Sewing Heart Shape Button Craft Scrapb...
Offered by DYNAICS INTERNATIONAL COMPANY

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty hearts, 19 Mar. 2015
We love these little wooden hearts, which we are using in making wedding invitations, glued with glue spots onto hessian-topped card. They would be very easy to use if you wanted to sew them onto fabric. They do take a while to arrive from overseas, but are worth the wait. They seem to be very unusual too -people who see our finished product are very taken with the hearts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20