Profile for Amazon Addict > Reviews

Whisky Oak Barbecue Wood Smoking Chips
Offered by Garden Secrets
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty chips, 20 Jan 2012
I tried these out in my Weber BBQ Weber 57cm One-Touch Original BBQ, in a smoking box (see my review at Barbecue Wood Chip BBQ Smoker Box) with startling and fantastic results. The soaked chips lasted much longer than on the charcoal, smouldering for far longer and giving a wonderful, intense and sweet smoked flavour to chicken. They are my favourite wood chips ever -a really lovely and unique smoky flavour unlike any other.

Definitely one to try!

Barbecue Wood Chip BBQ Smoker Box
Barbecue Wood Chip BBQ Smoker Box
Offered by Garden Secrets
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokin' hot box!, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Barbecue Wood Chip BBQ Smoker Box
This simple device has transformed my smoked chicken! I am a very happy owner of a Weber kettle BBQ Weber 57cm One-Touch Original BBQ, and use the Weber charcoal baskets Weber Charcoal briquette fuel holders (pair) to smoke food and cook it by indirect cooking. The result is beautiful and succulent meat.

Until I used this smoker box, it was hard to get a good smoky flavour, because even well soaked wood chips would burn quite quickly when in direct contact with the charcoal. Now I fill the smoker box with soaked wood chips, and place it on the griddle above the coals, not directly on them. They smoulder for a lot longer, and the result is a much more intense and sweet flavour. I have even pulled out the box with tongs after it has stopped smoking, and (once cool of course) refilled it for a second blast of flavour.

My favourite wood chips are Whisky Oak Barbecue Wood Smoking Chips , quite the most unusual and delicious smoked flavour I have encountered.

This tool is as suited to its job as it is simple. Altogether brilliant, and being stainless steel, it should last a long time. I will report back if corrosion does appear, which would imply a cheap grade of stainless steel.

UPDATE APRIL 2012

Three months into regular use two or three times a month with storage in a shed meantime, and not a spot of corrosion or rust.

Very happy with this product so far.

Will report back if any negatives, otherwise take it that this is functioning well and as intended.

UPDATE JULY 2012

The only very minor niggle I have with this product is that, after several months of use, the lid fits so snugly on the box that, when pushed fully into place, is very hard to get off again. I get round this simply by not fully engaging the lid so it is easy to pull off.

Otherwise 100% satisfied,

AA
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 12:38 PM BST

Macleans Freshmint Fluoride Mouthwash 300ml
Macleans Freshmint Fluoride Mouthwash 300ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Arctic blast, 19 Jan 2012
I like to use mouthwash after my daily floss just to freshen up, but my dentist confirms there is more to it than this. This contains the magic ingredient Cetylpyridinium Chloride, an antibacterial which helps to keep the plaque bugs under control. I have been prone to gingivitis but not since I used this stuff daily.

The truth is that any decent mouthwash containing the magic ingredient will do the same job, but this one is not bitter, has a pleasant aftertaste, and a nice flavour overall. I have been unable to find it in local stores and am really pleased to have found it here. The postage cost is far outweighed by the time I have spent scouring shops for this stuff.

Happy not to have halitosis!

AA

Update

This arrived from One-Click Pharmacy and beware the unaware! 300 ml is small, and not the usual 600ml size I am used to buying. It is my own fault completely "300ml" is clearly posted. But it is easy to assume that the bottles are the same with a glance, as the 300ml bottle is a scaled-down version of the 600ml apart from the cap, but this is not obvious. It's an easy mistake to make, and once postage is taken into account, makes this a very expensive way to buy this product. I will be looking elsewhere.

Weber Premium Kettle Cover / Fits 22 1/2 kettle
Weber Premium Kettle Cover / Fits 22 1/2 kettle
Offered by inandout-distribution
Price: 50.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover up!, 18 Jan 2012
This is an excellent, heavy and impervious protection for your precious Weber kettle bbq. What is not shown in the picture on Amazon is the wide elastic straps inside the bottom of the cover on opposite sides. I used an "S" shaped hook to join them together at the level of the back legs. This secures the cover and makes it basically lift-proof, except for hurricaine-force winds, when you will in any case lose the bbq itself also.

It feels well made and durable. I will return and update if performance is any less than A1.

BARBECUE COVERS QUALITY HEAVY DUTY WATERPROOF MATERIAL MEDIUM SIZE
BARBECUE COVERS QUALITY HEAVY DUTY WATERPROOF MATERIAL MEDIUM SIZE
Offered by Outdoor Protection Company Ltd
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got it covered, 11 Jan 2012
My last, lightweight BBQ cover blew away and went travelling in the gales of January 2012. I decided to shop around for a heavy-duty cover, and this is just the job. It is certainly heavy, and the elastic round the base hugs my BBQ. This is going nowhere!

Mindful of the comments of other reviewers, I will report back on longevity once I've owned it for a while. It seems well made and durable, and will certainly keep the elements out. Whether it will survive a gale like we've just had, or the contant wear from movement in the wind -rubbing and fretting against metal edges of the BBQ= remains to be seen.

So far so good, and I am pleased to have my prized BBQ back under wraps.

UPDATE JULY 2012

So far, so good. The cover has stayed on the BBQ even in the face of some pretty vicious East Coast gales, has remained intact, and no holes have appeared.

Still highly recommended and I will update again after more time has passed.

PIGEON HOLE - 588 CD / 378 DVD Blu-ray Media Storage Unit - Oak
PIGEON HOLE - 588 CD / 378 DVD Blu-ray Media Storage Unit - Oak
Offered by Watsons on the Web
Price: 94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pigeon-holed with style, 11 Jan 2012
I have just finished assembling and filling my new CD storage unit -and I am very pleased with it. It took two of us about an hour and a half to do, without rushing. It definitely needs securing to the wall, as another reviewer has said. it is supplied with fabric straps with eyelets for this purpose, but instead I used solid metal L-brackets -solid as a rock now. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. A tip -carefully unfold the box it arrives in and assemble on that, to save accidental glue drips onto your floor.

It looks nice -the oak effect is quite convincing, and its simple and uncluttered lines and clean and pleasing to the eye -fitting in unobtrusively with the rest of my lounge furniture. My partner and daughter both approve!

It is advertised as holding 588 CDs -which would be 28 per section -but I can only get 27 in each section with the CDs in their jewel cases. I'm still more than happy with the capacity (space for 576 CDs in cases -and many more in sleeves only) and delighted to see order where there was chaos with stacks of CDs and several mismatched storage units now transformed into neat rows on shelves -and it has made my lounge look bigger too. I haven't bothered putting any DVDs into it. I wanted it only for CDs.

Delivery from Watsons was swift and well-communicated with tracking emails.

100 CD SLEEVES
100 CD SLEEVES
Offered by toys2media
Price: 2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear bargain, 11 Jan 2012
This review is from: 100 CD SLEEVES (Electronics)
These sleeves were a complete bargain at one pound twenty with no delivery charge, and are exactly what I wanted -a simple dust cover for CDs I am copying for friends, or storing as back up.

They are very thin at 80 microns, so give no protection against impact or bending, so if you want a more substantial and thicker sleeve then go for a thickness of 120 microns, or more.

This is perfect for what I want -a simple cover against dust, fingerprints and light scratches. I have not had any problems with CD fit or splitting of seams.

Very pleased with this product

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Indirectly wonderful!, 8 Jan 2012
I bought these to go with my Weber One-touch BBQ (Weber 57cm One-Touch Original BBQ) for indirect cooking -and they perform the job superbly. I use the Weber starter chimney (Weber Chimney Starter) which, when full up, very conveniently fills one pair of these baskets with charcoal briquettes. With these baskets filled up with already white-hot charcoal, I am able to start cooking immediately, and am getting very good results.

Incidentally, rather than use the disposable drip tray supplied by Weber, I have found a reusable alternative here on Amazon: Aluminium Baking Dish with Handles 31.5cm x 21.5cm Genware Roasting Dish, Baking Tray, Roasting Tray Genware Baking Dish This is exactly the right size to fit between these baskets, and washes up easily. For roughly the same price as a ten-pack of Weber disposable foil trays, it will last a lifetime.

The three gadgets make a great team for fast and accurately-timed indirect barbecuing.

AA
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2013 10:31 PM BST

Weber Tool Holder
Weber Tool Holder
Offered by Online Garden Centre
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Its got me hooked., 8 Jan 2012
Neat little tool, perfectly designed for a Weber kettle barbecue. I used it on my One-touch Original (Weber 57cm One-Touch Original BBQ) BBQ. It fits neatly, and the tools are held far enough away from heat when hanging so as not to get hot.

I will add to this review if I have a problem with longevity (noting the comments in another review) but I find it hard to see what can go wrong with this if it is not subjected to undue force.

Good little gadget which adds a nice touch to my BBQ.

Recommended

Weber Chimney Starter
Weber Chimney Starter
Offered by AVIDES
Price: 49.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot little firestarter., 8 Jan 2012
I am very impressed with the performance of this chimney, which got a full load of charcoal briquettes to white heat in around 20 minutes, using only some newspaper to start the process. A full load in this chimney neatly fills a pair of Weber Charcoal holders (Weber Charcoal briquette fuel holders (pair)) -very convenient. Do take care (as other reviews mention) as sparks do fly a little on emptying. Wearing protective mitts is just common sense with all that heat so close.

This takes all the doubt out of starting up a BBQ and makes an uncertain process a predictable one. This really helps the timing of your cooking -you can now know exactly when you will be able to start cooking.

UPDATE JULY 2012

I've now had the opportunity to use this with a variety of charcoal types. First of all your charcoal must be well stored and not at all damp. I used some old charcoal from my shed -total disaster. Likewise, use the briquettes and not lumpwood -it just doesn't work properly.

Dry, fresh briquettes -no problem!

Still very pleased with this gadget overall.

AA
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2013 12:19 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20