Profile for Amazon Addict > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
CEL Helix cutting spools to fit LT1, LT2 - LT1-SP01 - Type
CEL Helix cutting spools to fit LT1, LT2 - LT1-SP01 - Type

4.0 out of 5 stars Reely good spool, 7 Jun 2012
I bought my CEL strimmer CEL G-CP02 Powerhedge Trimmer/ Powerline Trimmer/ Powerhandle Lithium LD Combo Pack earlier on this year in preparation for the start of the gardening season -and one of these spools as a spare. I haven't yet had to fit the new spool, as the original on the machine is still going strong. I have a substantial length of lawn edge to strim every week, and am not very forgiving with my strimmers -they have to cope with the odd contact with concrete and tree trunks. For that reason I chose a strimmer using line rather than one using a plastic blade, knowing that I would get through a lot of blades.

I have made the right choice -now bang in the middle of the mowing and strimming season, I haven't yet had to replace the spool, even though the strimmer auto-trims it each time it starts up.

UPDATE JUNE 30th

I've been using this strimmer for over three months now, average every 6 days, and the spool has only now run out. The self-lengthening feature of the strimmer works almost perfectly. I only had to lengthen the cutting end manually once. That's pretty good for over 3 hours of total cutting time, a lot of which involves encounters with concrete, tree trunks and paving slabs.

Still happy with this product's performance.

UPDATE SEPT 10TH

I have had to defect to another brand of strimmer line, as this is unavailable and I have just got onto my spare reel. I have to say it is a lot cheaper: Black & Decker A6171 50M Line For All Trimmers it is quite stiff and took a bit of fiddling to get it wound onto the original CEL reel, but not impossible -just make sure you only free a bit of the line at a time from the master reel as it will all uncoil like a watchspring if you're note careful! It seems to work fine with the autofeed mechanism, I think it will be a very long time now before I return to buy a CEL reel.

Hence a star removed -5 originally, only 4 now.

Plantronics Lanyard with Micro USB
Plantronics Lanyard with Micro USB

5.0 out of 5 stars A strapping neck strap, 22 May 2012
This is the second of these lanyards that I have bought. Nothing wrong with the first -I just cannot remember where I have put it! It was so useful that I have now given up the search and bought another. I'll swear it's somewhere in my gardening kit!

I use this to carry my Plantronics bluetooth headset Plantronics 975V2 Bluetooth Headset when I want it nearby but don't want to have the headset permanently stuck into my lug hole, or to have to dive into my jeans pockets to find it -for example if driving in a car without bluetooth connectivity, or whilst busy -for instance while gardening or cooking.

The lanyard can hold any device with a micro USB socket, but really only light ones. I wouldn't stick a mobile phone on the end of it. It is designed to hold a headset with a micro USB socket, so is not limited to Plantronics headsets as many now use this increasingly standard charging socket.

It holds the headset securely on the micro USB plug. It takes a firm pull to remove the headset from the lanyard -I have only once had the headset catch on something and get pulled off. Sensible preventative solution -pop the whole thing inside your shirt/jumper/blouse/body armour.

There is an adjustable metal collar on the lanyard that slides up and down to narrow or enlarge the neck aperture (you can see it on the pic, a little way up from the USB connector).

The whole thing is durable and should last a lifetime... at least for people who don't forget where they put things....

16 x Digimax AA 800 mAh - REPLACEMENT GARDEN SOLAR LIGHT BATTERIES
16 x Digimax AA 800 mAh - REPLACEMENT GARDEN SOLAR LIGHT BATTERIES
Offered by Talk Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard cell, 15 May 2012
So far, so good with these batteries, which have rejuvenated my old solar lights -a solid build of 8 years ago that is hard to find now. I thought they had had it, and was about to bin them when I tested them and found they still work very well. Previous rechargeables had seemed to fail, and I think it was because I'd chosen ones with very high capacities. They were never able to discharge, and I think quite rapidly developed a memory problem. Therefore I have chosen batteries with the minimum capacity I can find -these are billed as being for solar lights and I am guessing that the memory issue with higher capacities is the reason.

These seem to be fine. They were partly charged on arrival and I topped them up with my AccuPower LCD Fast Charger IQ328 for AA / AAA batteries charger. It is still early days so the jury is out on longevity. I will revisit and update the review later in the summer when they've had a good run. The other reviews on them are encouraging -also why I bought them- but we'll see what happens.

Highly recommended -so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double delight, 8 May 2012
I was drawn to this product by a combination of good reviews and good value offered. I have not been disappointed. The good value was evident in that the combined products with a shared battery cost less than the individual products with own batteries. This might seem a little obvious, but I had debated whether it was worth buying the strimmer and hedge trimmer separately so as to have two batteries. I am happy to report that that would have been completely unnecessary. The battery lasts well enough to strim two lawn edges and trim three hedges, and for me, that's enough use (and enough work!) for one day.

Both tools are incredibly light, yet solid. I was a little worried initially that the construction was flimsy, but after several uses of the strimmer I am happy that it is sturdy. Adjustment to rotate the head is easy, and head angle adjustment makes this a very versatile tool both for lawn edging work (the wheels are very handy here) and trimming along a horizontal plane. Every time the strimmer stops, it readjusts the cutting cord length, feeding in more line when needed, and this works flawlessly. This is the lightest and easiest-to-use strimmer that I have ever used.

The hedge trimmer is a dream to use on account of its light weight. It is very easy to use in any position. Its lightness makes it very easy to use when held up at arms' length, for example when reaching up to cut the top of a hedge (and in my case, held upside-down also). It had no problem with cutting woody stems, and was just generally easy to use.

The battery is Lithium-Ion, and as such is very versatile. There is no memory issue, so you can stick it on to recharge whether only discharged a little, or a lot. Once charged, it will also hold its charge for a lot longer than NiMh or NiCd batteries. The charging unit is very clear -LEDs tell you exactly where you are with regard to charging status.

Overall this combo is perfect for average domestic use, and I am very happy to classify it as...

HIghly recommended!

Artograph Tracer Projector
Artograph Tracer Projector
Offered by ArtiFolk

5.0 out of 5 stars A trace of perfection, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Artograph Tracer Projector (Toy)
I bought this not as a toy but as a serious aid for my daughter in her A-level Art studies. The notion of this being a toy had escaped me till I wrote this review, which asked for ratings with reference to this item being a toy. I answered positively on all even though it is not a toy, as far as my daughter is concerned. This is a serious bit of useful kit for her.

My daughter loves this tool -it works exactly as it is supposed to, and her results from start onwards have been completely what she wants. It provides very clear enlargements of even quite small pictures, and she is happily working on scaled-up images traced onto paper on which she shone the projected image.

The optics are good enough to produce an image that is accurate enough for tracing work, and it is very easy to use and set up. It is reasonably robustly constructed. It should withstand minor knocks and bumps though as with all optical instruments, it's better to avoid the knocks and bumps.

A good product which has fulfilled expectations.

Highly recommended,

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2013 9:49 PM GMT

Kitchen Craft 34 x 26 cm Master Class Non-Stick Roasting Pan
Kitchen Craft 34 x 26 cm Master Class Non-Stick Roasting Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling hot roaster, 7 May 2012
I am very pleased with this roasting pan. I have had several other brands in the past: some are thin, and warp easily, others have begun to lose their non stick coating within a few months of regular use, and the latest one before this dropped rusty water out of the rolled edge at the corners where there is a gap. This pan does none of that.

Master Class gets good reviews here on Amazon and I can see why. This is a well made, heavy, solid pan. It has a tough coating that should last well in excess of the five years it's guaranteed for. And as for a 25-year guarantee on the pan itself, any manufacturer that can offer this must be supremely confident of its product's performance and longevity. This certainly helped persuade me to buy it.

I am so far very happy with the pan -it has done its job as it should and has been very easy to clean. I have been sufficiently impressed with results so far that I have bought a second one. It's worth adding that the price here on Amazon is considerably better than the retail price I have seen on this in some local stores.

Christening Gifts. Silverplated Pirate Ship Money Box
Christening Gifts. Silverplated Pirate Ship Money Box
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahoy there!, 7 May 2012
I was persuaded to buy this because my better half thought it would be a lovely Christening gift for a baby boy, and because of the other positive reviews on Amazon. I'm pleased to say that both she and the reviewers have been vindicated.

This silver plated pirate ship is a lovely and surprisingly substantial ornamental gift. It is really quite heavy, and feels very solid, yet the sails and rigging give it a classy look of delicacy and fine detail. It comes packed with the mast and sail flat, but it takes a second to assemble and it really does look special.

If you want something a little different from silver spoons and teddy bears, then this will not disappoint, and for the price I think it's a bargain. Delivery was very swift and the ship was well packaged -very little chance of damage.

AccuPower LCD Fast Charger IQ328 for AA / AAA batteries
AccuPower LCD Fast Charger IQ328 for AA / AAA batteries
Offered by Accu Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Never knowingly overcharged, 25 April 2012
I like the simplicity of this charger in use -whack the batteries in, and off you go. The digital display is very clear and tells you exactly what is going on. On the other hand if you like all the technical feats this offers, then you can enjoy them too.

It feels solid and dependable, and works as fast as I need it to. There is enough flexibility in the software for it to do different things at once if you want it to -charge, discharge, test -but I really don't have the need for this. I just want to get my rechargeable batteries refilled.

I can find nothing negative to say about this -it is a gadget that can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. You are in control, and I like that.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Around a Galaxy not very far away...., 13 April 2012
I already own a PDair case for my Playbook and am so happy with it that I decided to go with PDair again for my new BB Bold 9900. I bought one for myself, one for my partner, and now this case for my daughter's Samsung Galaxy SII. We are all delighted with the new cases!

The manufacturer's description here on Amazon is succinct but accurate in its description of the features. It feels and smells lovely, exuding class. The stitching is neat and smart. Even the magnetic popper clicks into place with a satisfying "click" -like a quality car door on a small scale!

All buttons and ports are very easily accessed -there is no obstruction. The front cover easily folds behind the back so it
doesn't have to flap about when you're talking, or if you choose to put the phone (with case on) onto a car mobile phone holder (make sure you get one big enough -billed as for a PDA). The phone is very well held in the case by the side grips, and feels very secure. Yet it is easy to prise the case out if you need to.

My daughter's precious Galaxy is well protected. The front and back are slightly padded, and this design protects both faces but leaves the side trim visible. This has a nice look. The flip down opening (as opposed to the book-style opening of other versions of this case) is handy -it's easy to flip the catch open with a thumb and then hold the case open with one hand. The book-style case would not be so easy for one-handed operation. The case folds down to expose the camera -taking pics is very easy.

My daughter is unlikely to use the belt clip. On my BB case the same system is used and I found it bulky and not very secure in use. I prefer a purpose-built holster case and have gone for a separate product.

The supplier is responsive and helpful. I had a very swift response to a query by email.

These cases are very well worth the wait for delivery from Hong Kong.

Sanyo eneloop XX (HR-3UWX-8BP) 8 pcs. batteries AA / Mignon with 2500 mAh
Sanyo eneloop XX (HR-3UWX-8BP) 8 pcs. batteries AA / Mignon with 2500 mAh
Offered by iCell Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Loop de loop!, 13 April 2012
These are the best rechargeables I have used in a long time. They are good from the start. It is lovely to be able to stick them straight into my digital camera without charging beforehand.

In use, they lasted ages. I don't take my camera out too often, but when I do it is put through its paces. The first four of these batteries lasted in my camera for 5 months before needing charging. I took around 400 shots in that time, with plenty of fiddling around, checking focus, and all the usual playing around and using the camera as a playback device on top of this -so they are good both for quantity of shots and longevity of stored charge. The second four still had a full head of charge after sitting in storage for 5 months in my camera bag.

These are superb batteries, and you won't go wrong with them.

Highly recommended,