Profile for Amazon Addict > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bosch F016800386 Wheel Attachment for Grass Trimmers
Bosch F016800386 Wheel Attachment for Grass Trimmers

3.0 out of 5 stars Wheely good idea, 19 Mar. 2015
Excellent accessory for my Bosch strimmer, in theory. Easy to fit and adjust and should take the guesswork out of edging my lawn. It does add a bit to the weight of the strimmer, but that's only a problem if you want to "hover" the strimmer for convential horizontal cutting. It has the usual Bosch solidity and robustness and I fully expect it to last for years. Unfortunately the angle it makes the strimmer sit at when edging is near vertical, so you have to pull the strimmer towards you, because if you push forward, it tends to stick on the ground and tip forwards away from you. The strimmer then easily loses alignment with the lawn edge, and the blade may well then cut into the edge.

It's still quite new to me so I will perservere and see if my technique, rather than the design, is at fault. I will update this review once I have had more experience with it.

sourcingmap Aquarium Cleaning Siphon Switch Control Water Changer, 166 cm
sourcingmap Aquarium Cleaning Siphon Switch Control Water Changer, 166 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars What a sucker!, 19 Mar. 2015
I bought this after an older siphon with a different design had failed. I like this -used in our small 20-litre tank. very easy to use, and efficient. With such a small tank, it is impossible to effectively clean all the gravel without emptying it, so I pass on the advice of our local pet shop to do a half-water change every fortnight, and concentrate on a small area of gravel each time, doing a different area the next.

The only problem I have had is that the cleaning end kept falling off and needed to be secured with a bit of glue ("Serious Glue" will do the job -this is a kind of plastic that many other glues won't work well on). Hence four stars as really only a minor problem with a simple solution and otherwise really good. Has made tank water changes so much simpler than decanting by hand.

I am amazed at how much more I have seen this same gadget priced on other websites and in shops. This is a good price.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - (10 cm / 4 Inches) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Charging at speed, 19 Mar. 2015
Very handy to allow my other half to charge her iPhone 5c on a standard USB charger in the car from a USB phone-charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter. The short flexible cable makes it easier to place things conveniently -there is not much room between the cigarette lighter and the centre console/gear change in the car . This does the job perfectly at a good price, and brings convenience and choice of charging points to one of the idiosyncratic standards forced on iPhone users. Seems robust and solidly built. Should last at least as long as the phone (!).

Feliway Refill 48 ml (Packaging may vary)
Feliway Refill 48 ml (Packaging may vary)
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

5.0 out of 5 stars Pee free, 19 Mar. 2015
Feliway has freed us from the tyranny of cat pee in our lounge. The culprit had been peeing on the carpet ever since two new kittens arrived in the house. After a raft of vetinary medical investigations, he got the all clear physically and the vet suggested we try this as he was sure the peeing was behavioural. The peeing stopped the day after we installed this, and we have just unplugged it after this second bottle (two months). So far, no return of the behaviour. Success!

The instruction sheet is very clear on what Feliway can and can't do, and how to use it to best effect. if you're not sure, contact the company or look at their website for advice before buying it. The price here on Amazon is about the best you can get anywhere.

One caution -we had fish in a tank in the same room die. We think the culprit was a spray we had used in the room, but we cannot absolutely rule out Feliway as a cause. the manufacturer's material safety data sheet states that there is no data on ecotoxicity (ie research not done) and in a forum on the subject I read that someone had been told by the manufacturer that though it is not known to be toxic to fish, it was thought best to use in different rooms. The jury is out on this one.

Braun Oral-B Precision Clean Toothbrush Head Refill 8 Pack
Braun Oral-B Precision Clean Toothbrush Head Refill 8 Pack
Offered by Micronutrients Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brushing up, 19 Mar. 2015
Good value and worth getting these rather than cheaper "compatible" products. You know these are going to do the job properly. I am quite sure these are the genuine article and not fakes, and they are performing exacly as I would expect them to, but for a better price than you'll generally find in the shops.

Dylon 200g Machine Fabric Dye - Dark Green
Dylon 200g Machine Fabric Dye - Dark Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Colours to dye for, 19 Mar. 2015
I;ve used different colours of this brand of dye before, with great success, and this is just the same in practice. Insructions are easy to follow and as promised, there was no residue at the end of the second wash cycle, though I did take care to wipe inside the rubber seal of the washing machine door in case any dye was hidden in there.No problems with staining subsequent washes, and the green dye applied itslef evenly to a jumper, three pairs of socks and a couple of tea towels, all needing a colour change or refreshing.

One bit of advice -don't bother spending money on so called "Dye salt". This is no different from table or dishwasher salt. Just buy the cheapest salt granules you can get your hands on. i use water softener salt granules which are very cheap in bulk (I use them to de-ice the driveway in bad weather). I have used both dye salt and cheap salt, and there is no difference whatever in outcome.

Anker PowerPort 6 60W 6-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia, Motorola and More ()
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive charge, 19 Mar. 2015
Brilliant gizmo which has brought neat and tidy charging to our kitchen for us and visitors. USB charging is almost universal now, as is the need to charge up at least once during the day, with the advent of energy-hungry smartphones and our generally increased usage of them. We have between us an old Nokia, an Blackberry Classic and an iPhone 5c. With adaptors for the nokia and the iPhone we are very happy -and can charge all three at once if we ever needed to.

The unit is very neat and tidy in appearance and very small. I suspect it consumes 60W even if nothing is charging, so worth unplugging it or keeping it on a switchable mains socket if you are energy-conscious.

H & L Russel 10 Pocket Shoe Organiser Harvest Cream 127cm x 15cm x 30cm
H & L Russel 10 Pocket Shoe Organiser Harvest Cream 127cm x 15cm x 30cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Order from chaos, 19 Mar. 2015
Bought to house my Crocs which have been littering my home office floor and tripping me up for months! I have 5 pairs (sadly addicted to Crocs) and this holds them perfectly -but I can only get one Croc in per compartment. It would be hard to get one pair of mens shoes in one compartment, unless they were quite flat or thin. Ladies shoes would be easier I guess.

I seems robust and well made and should last a long time with ordinary use. the velcro-fastened hanging loop is secure and strong.

It's a bargain for the price and I'm quite happy to pay for the increased safety in my study.

Cushion and Step Insoles - size 7
Cushion and Step Insoles - size 7
Offered by Wisdens Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars A spring in my step, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Cushion and Step Insoles - size 7
I bought a first pair of these for my winter boots, used daily in the cold weather for dog walking on the beach. They had rather thin soles and were a bit roomy. These insoles fit perfectly, have made the walks much more comfortable, and warmer too -they insulate well. The spring they give on stepping is really nice underfoot -and they would be very good if you had metatarsalgia or a similar painful foot condition.

I like them so much I have bought another two pairs, for my wellies and another pair of walking boots, and two for my other half for her wellies and walking boots. Her experience is the same as mine and we are both really happy with them. Worth every penny.

AmazonBasics Lightning Compatible to Micro USB Adaptor
AmazonBasics Lightning Compatible to Micro USB Adaptor

4.0 out of 5 stars Apple juicer, 19 Mar. 2015
Very handy to allow my other half to charge her iPhone 5c on a standard USB charger. Does the job perfectly at a good price, and brings convenience and choice of charging points to one of the idiosyncratic standards forced on iPhone users. Seems robust and solidly built. Should last at least as long as the phone (!).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20