Profile for Layla > Reviews

Content by Layla

Layla "British Mystery Buff" (Dallas, Texas)

Endeavour - Series 2 [DVD]
Endeavour - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars I had great reservations about another "spin off" of Morse, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Endeavour - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I had great reservations about yet another "spin off" of Morse. Lewis was good, and I enjoyed the scenery and mysteries, even if some of them bordered on the fantastic. However, I couldn't imagine how this show would be a success. How could there be an angle that hadn't been pursued? I could not have been more wrong.

This first series drew us in, and left us impatiently awaiting the next series, and the second installment delivered. Now we need more! It is cerebral, but very engaging.

It gives you glimpses into what shaped and influenced Morse and his dogged sense of justice. Great acting, the stories that are woven into the mysteries are very cleverly done, I can't say enough good things about it, watch immediately.

Shetland - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Shetland - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Douglas Henshall

5.0 out of 5 stars I would give this series six stars if it were an option, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Shetland - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I Love, Love, Love this series. I would give this series six stars if it were an option. It is witty, dark, and so clever.
It differs greatly from the books, but I love it on its own merit. The accents are a bit more challenging to understand (we are from across the pond) than some of the other offerings from the UK, but it is well worth getting used to. I can hardly wait for the next installments, so more please!

New Tricks - Series 8 [DVD]
New Tricks - Series 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alun Armstrong

4.0 out of 5 stars New Tricks Delivers, 27 Dec 2011
This review is from: New Tricks - Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I always have this series on pre-order with AmazonUK simply because I can't wait for these to make it across the pond. This series is fantastic, I was a little concerned that "Strickers" would not make an appearance, but he does toward the middle and later episodes. As always, great characters, dialogue and acting. As long as it stays so entertaining, I will keep coming back for more!

New Tricks - Series 7 [DVD]
New Tricks - Series 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alun Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Keep it coming!, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: New Tricks - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I live across the pond, and loved this show So much, purchased a region free DVD player! I just couldn't wait the additional months required for a US release!
The characters are believable and likeable. And I think this series is even better than series 6, the plots are more plausible and the characters are comfortable and enjoying their roles. This show never disappoints, keep it coming! I love it!