Profile for Mr. Simon Jon Read > Reviews

Content by Mr. Simon Jon Read

Mr. Simon Jon Read "Jo Read" (UK)

Farrow & Ball: Decorating with Colour - Interiors from an iconic heritage brand certain to inspire creativity in all home decorators
by Ros Byam Shaw

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed with this F&B book, 23 Oct 2013
I was so disappointed with this book, I really loved the last one 'Living with Colour' which has been well loved and really enjoyed, fabulous room shots and a great source of inspiration. I was so pleased to see that a new book had been published and ordered it straight away- well what a BIG disappointment, it has none of the style of the last book. This one is a tour around European houses with some very dodgy and repetitive colour combinations and pictures you wouldn't want to linger over, have sadly not been inspired by this one. I bought copies of the last book to give as Christmas presents to my friends and family, who are all F&B addicts- would love for this one to have been another gem so that I could do the same again this year- but it is a very definite NO . Lacklustre and not what I expect from the fabulous F&B .

Russian Roulette (Alex Rider)
Russian Roulette (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars It enticed my son away from his computer games, 17 Oct 2013
My 15 year old son was completely gripped by this book, finishing it in 2 days, he was not even tempted to go on his computer until he had finished it -most unusual -he really enjoyed it, so much so that I read it too and was also glued to it, couldn't put it down until I had finished. Highly recommended. A great Christmas present to tear teenage boys away from their computer games ( & mums too)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect coathangers, 1 July 2013
A great buy, very pleased with them. Have just ordered more. Non-slip surface keeps knitwear in place. Very narrow hanger means I can put more in the wardrobe.

The Nutcracker And The Mouse King [2004] [DVD]
The Nutcracker And The Mouse King [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Johnson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars The Nutcracker and The Mouseking, 6 Nov 2007
I rented this for my 2 childen, I am glad I rented it and didn't buy. I found this version very disappointing and quite silly in places. Clara, the main character is very annoyingy and makes girly giggly noises all the time, very sickly. all in all not a good one.