Profile for jedi_knight_lee > Reviews

Dvd ~ Bruce Campbell
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Hail To The King, Baby!, 1 May 2003
All in all, this film is a beast. I’m not going to get into comparing it to the other Evil Dead films. They weren’t made to compete against each other, they were made to accompany one another. Bruce Campbell (and the more important co-star – his chin) turn out an awesome display. He gets beaten to a pulp so many times by Sam Raimi and co. that you almost feel sorry for him.
The DVD has some decent extras. There are two discs, so that you get the US Theatrical Version and you also get the Directors Cut. As well as this, there are a few deleted scenes, and both endings are included. My favourite is the S-Mart one. The mere fact that he works in a shop whilst also wearing a shotgun holster on his belt is something to worship. Ash may well be a god.
If you’ve seen this film before (or the others), then this DVD version is an excellent purchase for you. The audio commentaries are a great feature for fans of the film. They are so informative and point out bits here and there that you might not have noticed.
For me, this was a great addition to my DVD collection.

New Best of Green Day for Guitar (Easy Tab Deluxe)
New Best of Green Day for Guitar (Easy Tab Deluxe)
by Aaron Stang
Edition: Sheet music

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange title to the book, but that's not important., 1 May 2003
This book is laid out in a pretty simple and easy to follow manner. The songs themselves (as you would expect) are simple and relatively easy to play.
I was pleased at the inclusion of the secret track off the album – All By Myself. Hey, it’s not the greatest song ever, but it’s a pretty cool extra to have.
The songs included are good (examples include Burnout, Basket Case, When I Come Around, Stuart and the Ave, Panic Song, Geek Stink Breath). But then surely some people are thinking that a “best of” would include all the singles off the albums up to that point, yet we don’t see Brain Stew/Jaded. Not that I was all that bothered. Also, the book completely ignores the fact that Green Day had some excellent songs on 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and Kerplunk.
Basically, a good book for a Green Day fan and not too complex, so you don’t have to be great on guitar. Enjoy.

The Neon Handshake
The Neon Handshake
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Revitalised my desire for rock, 1 May 2003
This review is from: The Neon Handshake (Audio CD)
The first time I heard anything by this band, it was the I Can Climb Mountains video on the TV. It was a fantastic song and it had excellent hooks to it. The combination of the beautiful overdriven harmonics at the start with the drop d chugging afterwards makes for a song that you simply can’t help but enjoy.
The rest of the album certainly lives up to the excellence of ICCM. In fact, there isn’t a song on there that I don’t like. For me, there is almost always a song on most albums that I think isn’t as good as the others. But not here.
The only song that really breaks away from the mould (of rock) is the beautiful Slow Song which is simply excellent. To me, the lyrics are simply touching and the way the song builds up and progresses is fantastic.
All in all, this album has made me once again believe that rock music can be good. The past year or so has seen some awful rock bands go places. Hell Is For Heroes deserve every success that they can get.