Profile for Daffodil Dai > Reviews

Content by Daffodil Dai

Daffodil Dai "Di" (West Wales UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Thorn Birds
The Thorn Birds

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent family drama, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Thorn Birds (Kindle Edition)
Great story. Well written. Gripping at times. Good read. Would definitely recommend especially if you've got plenty of time on your hands as you won't want to put it down!

Learn to Play Piano in Six Weeks or Less
Learn to Play Piano in Six Weeks or Less
by Dan Delaney
Edition: Spiral-bound

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for non music readers, 17 Jun 2014
Can't read music and the language used in the instructions is beyond me. I'm sure I'm not completely daft ... But I just can't make head nor tail of the instructions in the first few chapters ... It all went whoosh ... right over my head and I found myself getting more and more frustrated.

My advice ... If you can't read music or play another instrument ... Don't bother. It'll be a total waste of your money.

Kindle - Happy Reading - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
Kindle - Happy Reading - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 17 Jun 2014
Wanted to buy specific books for my partner ... But couldn't ... So bought this gift card instead. He was well chuffed. Very easy to purchase and quick and easy delivery to his email account.

MOFRED® Purple New Apple iPad Air (2013 Version) Case-MOFRED®- Executive Multi Function Standby Case for Apple iPad Air with Built-in magnet for Sleep & Awake Feature + iPad Air Screen Protector Film + Stylus Pen (available in multiple colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 17 Jun 2014
When I purchased my iPad Airflow in a well known high street retailer, I also wanted to purchase a leather cover to protect it. I was shocked to find that even basic ones were £30+ and proper leather ones were between £40-£50+++ ! So I decided not to bother. When I got home I looked on good old Amazon and found this one amongst several others that quite frankly, seemed just too good to be true! I nearly followed my own advice of "if it looks too good to be true ..... It normally is!" But on this occasion I thought I'd give it a whirl. When it arrived I was absolutely delighted! It's sturdy, attractive and practical. It's also made my life so much easier when using my iPad in bed or in a chair. I would recommend it highly ... as it is such good value.

Inspector Montalbano: Collection One (2 Disc) [DVD]
Inspector Montalbano: Collection One (2 Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luca Zingaretti

4.0 out of 5 stars Try it before judging!, 23 May 2014
I wans't sure when I watched the first episode as I didn't think I'd like the Inspector ..... but he certainly grows on you after watching a couple of episodes. He's got a different manner about him to most other TV Detectives and I love the sub characters that are involved. They all have great cameo parts. Lovely scenery too. (Shame it's often so windy!! ) Worth giving it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised. I was!!

Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cate Blanchett

1.0 out of 5 stars Unmemorable, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Oh dear. Not one of Cate's better films. Typical Woody Allen ..... but not my cup of tea I'm afraid. I saw the film a few weeks ago and can't remember anything about it now ... shows how unmemorable it was! Wouldn't recommend.

The Very Best Of Bobbie Gentry
The Very Best Of Bobbie Gentry

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 23 May 2014
Great CD for nostalgia! Her gravelly voice is wonderful and I'd forgotten some of the great songs that she'd sung.

MOFRED® Purple & Tan Apple iPad Air (Launched 2013) Leather Case-MOFRED®- Executive Multi Function Leather Standby Case for Apple iPad Air with Built-in magnet for Sleep & Awake Feature
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality and practical, 23 May 2014
It is certainly everything I'd hoped for and it is such a nice looking cover. Two very minor slightly negative points that made me score 4 instead of 5 stars. One is that the stylus pen isn't a matching colour but black .... and the other is that there is nowhere (that I can see anyway) to store the stylus pen when folded up .....but they're just a couple of minor points. The cover has certainly made my life a lot easier for browsing at a table or on my lap and I don't get the hand/wrist ache that I was getting before when I used it for any length of time. Lastly I should mention that it arrived quickly and was well packaged so I would recommend it.

When the Lion Feeds (The Courtneys)
When the Lion Feeds (The Courtneys)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Drama, 7 Feb 2014
Wilbur Smith writes with such passion about Africa - although I've never been or even thought about going - his writin gskills make you long to go out there! Amazing skills. This book is the start of a long lasting relationship with Wilbur Smith and the Courtney Family .... you will definitely get hooked. His earlier books are definitely THE best and this one entertains you from the first page to the last and beyond. Enjoy. I did. I've read this book so many times it got dog eared and lost pages - so to have it on Kindle now is a joy!

Apple iPod classic 120GB - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
Apple iPod classic 120GB - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for someone who loves music, 22 Jan 2014
I LOVE this iPod Classic. Everyone told me I should go for the iPod Touch - but I am not particularly technical minded and just wanted something really simple to operate without too many flash gizzmo's. This fits the bill perfectly and I have got so much pleasure from it - it's absolutely revolutionised my music appreciation and listening habits. I did have a few initial problems with the actual iPod though - which I feel I should mention. For some reason I had TWO faulty ones initially - both of them just froze and wouldn't operate at all after just a few uses - both of which Apple replaced promptly without quibble. I think I was unlucky though. Since then I have used it almost every day and cannot praise it highly enough. Also, it's worth mentioning that even if you don't have high tech equipment in your car - but have an "old fashioned" cassette player in there still - I would highly recommend you buy the Philips cassette (less than £5) that converts the iPod music to play through your car stereo. I bought one and it means I can now use my Playlists on my iPod on a long journey and listen to all my favourite music non-stop - without having to fiddle about changing CD's or cassettes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4