Profile for Mr. R. Prince > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Prince

Mr. R. Prince (Southampton, England)

Forefront Cases® New Leather Folding Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini 3 / 3rd Generation (October 2014) - Full device protection and Smart Auto Sleep Wake function with 3 YEAR Forefront CASES WARRANTY
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product which fits my Mini 3 really well, 21 Nov. 2014
Excellent product which fits my Mini 3 really well. There's a little bit of lift down the middle of the front cover, but I'm putting this down to it being new. Excellent value for money.

JJC replacement Canon EW-65II Lens Hood for CANON EF 28mm f/2.8, EF 35mm f/2
JJC replacement Canon EW-65II Lens Hood for CANON EF 28mm f/2.8, EF 35mm f/2
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

3.0 out of 5 stars Get what you expect for the money, 19 Feb. 2013
After getting a second-hand 35mm f2, I decided I needed a hood but didn't want to shell out for the genuine Canon item. This good fits the lens perfectly, but at this price, the build quality shows.

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens

4.0 out of 5 stars This 50 is nifty!, 19 Feb. 2013
Yes it's cheap, yes it's very plasticky, but you know what? I don't care - the results you get from this lens are awesome. On my crop body, this lens is effectively 80mm (I use the 35mm f2 to get an effective 50mm), and the low-light results are great considering my camera only goes up to ISO 1600. At f1.8, the bokeh is never going to be as great as the f1.2L - twinkly lights do get a bit hexagonal - but in general I find that the out of focus background is soft enough. I also have the Canon lens hood which clips on to an adapter ring that you have to screw into the filter thread - definitely worth having, but a pain when most other lenses have hoods that use a bayonet fit.

Pros: Price, bokeh, clarity
Cons: Build, insufficient manual focus ring, strange way of attached a lens hood.

The Dragon Tutor
The Dragon Tutor

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomesauce!, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Dragon Tutor (Kindle Edition)
I heard about Mar Mai through some of her awesome friends on Google+, so when I found out she had published this graphic novel, I had to download it. Strange as it may seem, this is the first graphic novel I have ever read, and I was blown away by the story and the absolutely amazing graphics. I originally downloaded it at really-stupid-o'clock early one morning to "read later," but after the first couple of page, I was hooked. I only put it down at 3am when I finally succumbed to tiredness and had to wait until I woke up to finish it off.

Logitech M505 Wireless Mouse - Black
Logitech M505 Wireless Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 April 2011
Brilliant mouse. Good value, easy to set up, great programmable features. I would never go back to a wired mouse! It's just a pity I can't take it to work with me!

Walking on Water: A Voyage Around Britain and Through Life
Walking on Water: A Voyage Around Britain and Through Life
by Geoff Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars No Excuses!, 31 Oct. 2008
After following Geoff's progress around Great Britain last year, there was no way I would miss out on getting a copy of the biography of the great man himself. I was also lucky enough to get a signed copy. Once I started reading, I was hooked - I just could not put it down and ended up finishing in three days! The layout is a bit unusual for a biography - each chapter alternating between something from the past and something from the present (the present being the journey around Great Britain). However, like in so many novels, this format works very well.

This book is not just for sailors. It's not just for the disabled. It's for everyone who needs a kick up the backside and some inspiration.

For me, this is a truly inspiring book that moved me to tears a number of times and gives the reader an insight into what motivates Geoff. And, as Geoff wrote in my copy, you will find there are "no excuses!"