Profile for Krissii > Reviews

Content by Krissii

Krissii (Shropshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Microsoft Surface Type Cover 2 (w Backlighting) Keyboard - Blue for Surface Pro 2 / Pro / RT 2 /RT (UK layout)
Offered by UK SUPPLYS DIRECT EXPEDITED DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS FREE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Bargain!!!, 23 July 2014
I already had this keyboard in purple and magenta, and quite fancied the cyan too, but did I really want to spend another £100ish on it? No, not really!

I was browsing this on Amazon (I have always purchased from John Lewis in the past) and noticed a seller (UK Supplys Direct) offering it at £67.99, brand new, just open box! I figured I had nothing to lose, and I am SO GLAD I ordered from them! It arrived on Tuesday, having been ordered on Sunday, with UPS, and yep, exactly as described, open box - keyboard PERFECT!! Nothing remotely dodgy either, I registered the keyboard with Microsoft straight away and it all went through just fine!

To review the item itself, I have used a friends Touch Cover, and honestly, it feels naff compared to the type cover (my humble opinion) and there is no way I would purchase the alternative, especially not when you can get this version for £67.99!! The backlighting works a treat, the keys are all super responsive, it simply turns your Surface into a laptop! My desktop pc is now pretty much redundant, my Surface does everything!

Treat yourself, at £67.99 it is an absolute STEAL!!!!

Ray-Ban 8315 004/9A Gunmetal and Black 8315 Wrap Sunglasses Polarised Lens Cate
Ray-Ban 8315 004/9A Gunmetal and Black 8315 Wrap Sunglasses Polarised Lens Cate
Offered by optik2w

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb pair of sunglasses and well worth the price here!, 23 July 2014
Hubby bought these glasses for me for my 40th birthday present! He knows how fussy I am, and he took me out, with a budget of £200, to find a smart pair of sunglasses to replace my beloved Ralph Lauren's that had broken ;'(

After much trailing around the Trafford Centre, I found these exact glasses in a shop, and they were selling them for £228!!! Hubby was prepared to pay, I absolutely was NOT! I said no chance, and to let me look online, see if I could find them cheaper somewhere else?

I found these on Amazon from a marketplace seller (Visiofactory) in France, and with postage, they came to £165.50!! A saving definitely worth having! They were ordered on the Friday and arrived the following Wednesday with Parcelforce, so not bad time at all given it took into account a weekend.

I am absolutely delighted with the glasses! They fit me beautifully, they are super lightweight, and being carbon fibre, they have quite a lot of flex too, which is never a bad thing! The lenses are superb! Just this morning I drove to work in dazzling sunshine, and halfway there, I realised I didn't even have my sun visor down in the car! They just cut all glare out completely! It's also worth saying, my eyes are pathetically sensitive, I am one of these people who needs to wear sunglasses on some of the dullest days (so other people may think!) and also in snow. My vision is spot on, they are just super sensitive (think I'm a bat!)

Cannot honestly recommend them highly enough. Oh, and the nose pieces are adjustable too to get that perfect fit! Just a little squeeze here and a pinch there and they will fit your face like they were custom made! :)

Medium size plant pot holder bracket, Super Save Free Delivery and made in the UK designed for 6inch pots
Offered by Avonstar

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly what it says on the tin!, 15 July 2014
Arrived quickly! Something so simple in design, yet so effective! I used mine with a terracotta pot against some trellis and it, combined with a bright pink Surfinia, has brightened it up no end! Easy to fit and does exactly what you want it to do, I wonder hesitate to buy more!

Rosewood Soft Protection Salon Grooming Cat Brush
Rosewood Soft Protection Salon Grooming Cat Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for short haired (and older) cats!, 15 July 2014
Bought this for my little Princess. She has just turned 15 and has never appreciated being brushed, preferring to do things her own way, but as she has gotten older, I thought she could do with a little 'assistance' in the grooming department. She is a short haired lady and quite sensitive, and I deliberately chose this brush because it was described as soft.

What can I say? The Princess now comes to see me most mornings and sits on me in bed until I have given her her daily brushing session! She loves it! It's even soft enough to do her very little face and head :) Now don't get me wrong, for anything other than a short haired cat, this would probably be pretty useless, but for my girl, it is exactly what I needed. It's nicely made, and goes through her fur, removing loose hairs easily enough, and no doubt saving her from quite a few fur sausages (am I the only person whose cats don't make fur 'balls' and instead make sausages?) in the process. When I am done brushing, I have a soft face cloth that I use to wipe her over, and she gleams!

All in all, very happy Princess and very happy me! :)

PetSafe Drinkwell Cleaning Kt
PetSafe Drinkwell Cleaning Kt

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the Drinkwell Fountain!, 15 July 2014
I bought these brushes even though I actually have the Cat Mate (Pet Mate) fountain. I have been scrabbling around trying to get in the nooks, crannies and tubes of the fountain since I had it, trying everything from pipe cleaners, to electric toothbrush heads to cocktail sticks, and still, I could never get it clean! These brushes are just great!! They are a set of three - the biggest one is well, huge! But it's good for cleaning the main bowl area. The middle size one is brilliant for getting into the tube and giving it a thorough cleaning, and the smallest one is fab for getting into the corners and those adore mentioned nooks and crannies! My Cat Mate is now flowing beautifully again now the water can get through properly! Can't recommend these brushes highly enough to anybody with a cat fountain!

Snugg Microsoft Surface 1 & 2 Leather Wallet Case in Black for RT and Pro - High Quality Case with Card Slot, Pocket and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior
Offered by TheSnugg

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, but perhaps a little TOO tight!, 10 Feb 2014
Ok, first of all, if you are just using the Surface tablet itself, this is a perfect fit. And if that is what you want it for, to protect and carry your Surface, it is just the job. So why did I say it's a little too tight? Because I use mine with the Type Cover 2 and while it does indeed fit, it IS tight, and this comes with it's own issue . . .

The inside of the case is kinda furry, which is brilliant for the Surface itself, but not so brilliant for the also kinda furry Type Cover 2. Fur on fur, rubbing together, do you see where this is going? Yep, the corners of my Type Cover are starting to wear. This is definitely, 100% as a result of putting it in this case. The 2 bottom corners have to slide down the furry lining to put your Surface inside, and this friction is wearing the fur off the back of the keyboard. I am SO careful when putting it inside, and actually tend to squeeze the short ends of the case together to make it a bit easier to slide my Surface in, but it is still wearing at the Type Cover when it is stored. Of course, likelihood is, that we aren't actually supposed to store anything more than the Surface itself inside the case, but for those like me who do have one of the additional covers, are you really going to want to only store your Surface in the case and put your Touch/Type Cover in say, a carrier bag? No, me neither.

So really, as I said, for just the Surface tablet, it is perfect. but for the tablet AND one of the covers, it is just that bit too tight. Hope this helps?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2014 2:04 PM BST

Christmas Tales
Christmas Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful and utterly charming!, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Christmas Tales (MP3 Download)
I first heard of Alexander when he sang Fairytales to win the Eurovision Song Contest, as I'm sure did a lot of people, and when I heard he had released a Christmas album, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! Sadly, I had to download the MP3, not usually an issue for me, but some albums I would just like to have on disc and this was one of them. Anyway, I absolutely love it! I would pretty much stick my neck out and say if you like Michael Buble's Christmas album, then you will like this also. Alexanders voice suits these songs perfectly, and the addition of his violin playing just suits these songs so so much! I love his covers of some of the older songs, but for me, one of the standout catchy tracks is 'Presents' - a duet with Didrik Solli-Tangen, another Eurovision performer, and I have lost count of the number of times I have listened to this track alone! it's cheeky, and never fails to make me smile :) See! I only wish more people were aware of this album as I really do think it is one of the best Christmas albums out there. Enjoy!

SAMAR® - Supreme Quality New Nokia Lumia 1020 Crystal Clear Screen Protectors (Released 2013) 6 in Pack - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Case Specialist

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to fit but look good on!, 24 Oct 2013
Now this was a hard one to review! It took 12 days to arrive which was too long in my opinion, and fitting them is a pain! BUT! I have to say, once fitted, they look good and are pretty much undetectable!

I am no champion screen protector fitter, but I have done a few on varying devices and normally manage to get only a bubble or two at most. With these (pack of 6) I wasted the first 3 trying! The problem is, there is a cut out for the proximity sensor at the top right, so it is important to get this lined up, but the peel off stickers are located at the OTHER end, meaning you have to start applying them at the end OPPOSITE the cut out!

First time I tried peeling the whole thing off so I could start at the cut out end - nightmare. Bubbles galore! Second time, I tried from the bottom, but got the placment wrong and obscured the sensor and repositioning jst didn't work. Third time, I tried again from the bottom, and to be honest, it was a lucky guess that it got somewhere near right! A little closer to the sensor than I would have liked, but good enough! And not a bubble in sight, and is only noticeable in certain lights and angles :)

Put the peel off tabs at the cut out end and I would give this five stars as I am positive it would make applying them SO much easier! But good as they look once on, I have to deduct a star for difficulty in applying.

I would recomend them though, especially if you are good at applying them and have had plenty of practice before!

ElecShield Case For Nokia Lumia 1020 TPU Soft Plastic Cover - Clear
ElecShield Case For Nokia Lumia 1020 TPU Soft Plastic Cover - Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a generic case!, 24 Oct 2013
I searched everywhere trying to find a genuine Nokia case for my 1020 but to no avail. I eventually plumped for this one, as I wanted something to give my phone extra protection and also something that I could see my bright yellow phone through!

I have to say, I am pretty pleased with it! At first I thought perhaps it felt a bit flimsy, but it actually fits the phone rather well. It is a little 'baggy' on the bottom around the speaker, but this is because of a fairly large cut out to accommodate the speaker and the charging point.

It adds very little bulk to the phone, and if anything, improves the grip of it in my hand, I admit to being a little paranoid everytime I take it from my pocket as it is pretty slippy! But this case has nice grips on the sides, all the way down the left hand edge, and in between the buttons on the right.

The cut outs are in all the right places and line up well, and the buttons on the side are covered up by the case, but have button 'shapes' over them so they are still totaly usable. I was worried about this as I have experienced other cases where the buttons were covered and they became ridiculously hard to press, but that is not the case here, so I can put my scalpel away again!

Asides from the slow delivery, it took 12 days to arrive, I am very very pleased with the case and would recommend it to anybody wanting to give their Lumia 1020 that extra protection, and themselves that extra grip!

EDIT! 12/01/2014

This is something I consider important - the case is still going strong and on the whole, I am still very happy with it, but I need to update because of an important issue. The majority of photo's I take tend to be in the daylight, or since having this phone, using the low light option, but on the odd occasion I use the flash, no matter whether the phone is in portrait or landscape, I get a lot of 'glare' on the right hand side of the picture. It looks as though too much light was getting in or something? Anyway, I was quite convinced my beloved phone was at fault and that I was going to have to send it away for repair, until my hubby suggested I remove the case and try taking a flash photo - the photo was perfect!! Put the case back on and the 'glare' comes back 😞 It is something 'we think' to do with the little bit of the case that sits between the flash and the lens - the flash seems to somehow go 'through' the plastic giving the dreadful glare effect. So I am going to borrow a scalpel from work and cut this middle section out to see if it solves the problem? I don't want to stop using this case as otherwise it is great, but I need to sort this issue out! So just remember, if you start getting funny photos when using the flash, try taking the case off before you send your phone away! It might just solve the problem.

The Music Of Nashville: Original Soundtrack Season 1, Volume 2 (Deluxe Edition)
The Music Of Nashville: Original Soundtrack Season 1, Volume 2 (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant second album!, 16 July 2013
I got this on release day, and to be honest, was a little underwhelmed at first, but I put that down to the fact that we were still only part way through watching the show and I hadn't actually heard a lot of these songs yet! As I kept watching the show though, the songs would crop up, and I would recognise them, and they seem to mean more (maybe it's just me?) when I can picture the character singing them, such as Scarlett on stage singing Looking For A Place To Shine!

It has grown on me no end, and from my initial thoughts, I now love it every bit as much as the first album. I confess to having become completely Nashville obsessed, and have since bought the dvd of series one, and also another 25 tracks available on US download sites (with help from a friend!) and I literally play the whole lot all the time!

Back to this album though, stand out tracks for me are Connie Britton's Stronger Than Me, which is so emotional, and Nothing In This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again by Hayden Panettiere, which again, is very emotional given what it is linked to in the show, and is also quite simply a beautiful song. And if anybody can keep there toes from tapping to 'You Ain't Dolly' well you are doing better than me! I could list more of my favourite tracks, but at the end of the day, everybody will have their own :)

Put simply, if you love Nashville, you'll love the cd! And be sure to buy the deluxe edition with the extra tracks ;)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4