Profile for J. Murison > Reviews

Mr Darcy's Secret
Mr Darcy's Secret
by Jane Odiwe

5.0 out of 5 stars A new favourite!, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Mr Darcy's Secret (Paperback)
Having thoroughly enjoyed this authors earlier books I have been eagerly awaiting the publication of 'Mr Darcy's Secret'. The wait has been worthwhile - Ms Odiwe's writing just gets better and better!!! The plot keeps you in suspense to the last and as a lover of gardens and garden history it was an added bonus to have a landscape designer as one of the main characters. The sparkling dialogue had me chuckling - look out for the fantastic 'soft dumpling' scene. Her wonderful sense of place brings the beautiful Derbyshire and Lake District landscapes to life. I loved this book and highly recommend it - my favourite so far - please, please Ms Odiwe bring us some more!

Lydia Bennet's Story: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
Lydia Bennet's Story: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
by Jane Odiwe

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for chasing the blues away!, 7 Jan 2008
Being an avid reader yet reluctant writer I have not submitted a book review before, but 'Lydia Bennett's Story' has shaken me out of my complacency - what a great read - brilliant for chasing the blues away! A friend introduced me to this book and, although a great fan of Jane Austen's work, I've never read a sequel before. I loved this book from its first page - Ms Odiwe's writing is so descriptive - it sends you back to the Regency World in all its sensuous detail (surely the result of many hours of meticulous research). The story fairly romps along and the clever device of interweaving the narrative with extracts from Lydia's diary gives fascinating insights into her character. If you are looking for a novel to lose yourself in I cannot recommend this book highly enough! I'm left with a quandary though - now I have a taste for Austen sequels will other writers live up to Jane Odiwe's penmanship? The only answer is to chain Ms Odiwe to her desk until she produces another - the sooner the better!