Profile for Fabsterabster > Reviews

Content by Fabsterabster

Fabsterabster

Wordpress for Beginners: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Creating your Own Wordpress Site in Record Time, Starting from Zero!
by Dr. Andy Williams
Price: 8.81

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this book, 2 Jun 2014
I bought this book as although I had been on a 1 day Word press course, I am still a beginner and want to set up a web site. I hated it for 3 main reasons:
- although it said it was useful for web sites it is more geared to bloggers
- it had no index, so if you wanted to find a topic that wasn't in the contents you had to go all through the book. Then if you did manage to find your topic he may say 'we'll come back to this' , but where!! You'd have to go through the book page by page again.
- the grey layout with no chapter numbers was turgid

I found it far more useful just googling my questions

Images of the City of London: The Square Mile Revealed
Images of the City of London: The Square Mile Revealed
by Warren Grynberg

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 29 Dec 2012
In very good condition and as described. A good edition of this book which only deals with the City of London

The Unquiet Heart
The Unquiet Heart
by Gordon Ferris

4.0 out of 5 stars Good post war thriller, 21 July 2010
This review is from: The Unquiet Heart (Paperback)
I enjoyed the 1st book (Truth Dare Kill) by Gordon Ferris and saw he had written a follow up. I enjoyed this one as much, particularly the postwar setting of London and Berlin. It's a good all round thriller with interesting characters and a plot that keeps you reading.

Truth Dare Kill (A Creme de la Crime Period Piece)
Truth Dare Kill (A Creme de la Crime Period Piece)
by Gordon Ferris

4.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read, 21 July 2010
A good holiday read with the unusual setting of post war London. An enjoyable thriller with some good characters and plot twists

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars You get a tiny amount, 19 July 2010
I've bought this product as I'm going through chemotheraphy and someone told me that by applying this it will stop my eye lashes from falling out. I have to say it's done that. They are thinner but I still have some. Whether that would have happened anyway, who knows.
The one thing about the product is that you get a TINY amount. I would imagine .5 sq cm. Applied most days it lasted 6 weeks

Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
by Jamie Oliver
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Ministry of Food, 5 July 2010
Good cookery book for 1st timers. I gave it to my student son and he really liked it. Some things are rather basic but he does include more complicated recipes