Profile for dot downes > Reviews

Content by dot downes

dot downes (walsall west midlands england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Martha's Girls: A Heartwarming Novel of Family Bonds and Wartime Romance
Martha's Girls: A Heartwarming Novel of Family Bonds and Wartime Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 18 May 2015
I never knew the full hardship the Irish went through during the WAR. Like us they suffered the bombings and lost family and friends,I enjoyed reading the experiences that Martha and her daughters went through and look forward to reading more books by Alrene Hughes .

Flowers in the Snow (Betty's Book) (The Edenville Series Book 1)
Flowers in the Snow (Betty's Book) (The Edenville Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 5 May 2015
WHAT A STORY. I read this book from cover to cover twice to make certain I had not missed any thing. WONDERFULL walk through history. Can't wait to read next part.

Taken to Heart
Taken to Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Taken to Heart (Kindle Edition)
This book and all others I have read of hers are so full of interest and detail you feel part of the book.I look forward to more by Jane Jackson wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle paperwhite is right for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 27 July 2014
Wonderful, would not be with out mine. One charge lasts for ever and I use mine every day, wonderful to be able to sit in the garden and read. still have my Kindle fire, that to I could not be with out use that for the Internet ect.
Kindle is the best ever for reading, films. games. you name it you can use your Kindle,

Family (The Girl in the Box Book 4)
Family (The Girl in the Box Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 17 May 2014
GOOD VERY GOOD what is next you ask your self. This book filled in some of the blanks but I got lost and needed to keep going back and reread some parts. Still can't wait for the next book.

The Girl in the Box Series, Books 1-3: Alone, Untouched and Soulless
The Girl in the Box Series, Books 1-3: Alone, Untouched and Soulless

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 13 May 2014
I can honestly say that I would never READ any books that have engulfed me so much. I have been enthralled ,captured in the entire world of Sienna and her exploits. Can't wait to carry on with the follow on stories.

Narrow Escape - A Year of Highs and Lows on Narrowboat Minerva (Narrow Boat Books Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 3 April 2014
I have enjoyed reading this book,it has been an eye opener, into the tribulations of living on a narrow boat. But what a way of life this book covered all aspects. It was funny... educational ....and very Moorish Enjoyed it very much.

House of Fetters: A True Short Story
House of Fetters: A True Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 22 Jan. 2014
I know this story,and the history. As a young girl the same happens to a family member it was very sad. This BOOK covers the events well.

Ghost in the Machine: A serial killer detective thriller (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dot, 11 Jan. 2014
Very very good book,from page one I have not been able to put this book down,What a story what an author I will be reading more from this author.

Reaping The Harvest (Harvest Trilogy Book 3)
Reaping The Harvest (Harvest Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars DOT, 10 Nov. 2013
This TRILOGY has opened my world up to another dimension.Three months ago if you had said that I would like this kind of book I would have said know way. I have really enjoyed every word,page,and book of this TRILOGY thank you Michael for many happy hours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3