Profile for Adina > Reviews

Adina

Massenet: Werther
Massenet: Werther

5.0 out of 5 stars A great momento of a wonderful performance!, 13 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Massenet: Werther (Audio CD)
I was fortunate enough to attend this production live at ROH last year. Both Rolando Villazon and Sophie Koch were magnificent - Villazon in particular was stunning. I am delighted therefore to have this live recording which brings back wonderful memories,though unfortunately I cannot hear the sniffs and see the tears that were all around me when Villazon's voice moved many to tears in the last act. Perhaps his voice has altered, but it is a very special voice, incredibly moving and managed by a true artist. Tony Pappano's reading of Massenet's passionate score makes this a perfect to anyone's recording collection.

La Strada - Songs From The Movies
La Strada - Songs From The Movies
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars What a revelation!, 24 Jun. 2011
I am an enthusiastic opera fan which is how I first discovered Rolando Villazon. Having heard/seen him perform several times on the opera stage I was to tell the truth disappointed when I first learned of this "crossover" CD as I love him singing opera so much. I need not have worried. This is quite simply a marvellous CD. The song choices are obviously very personal to Mr Villazon and wonderfully delivered. This is a very great artist at work. There is simply no dud track and his interpretation of Je ne regrette rien in particular is startlingly effective. I can wholeheartedly recommend this recording both to all fans of great singers and songs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2014 6:14 PM BST