Profile for Merry Bear > Reviews

Babylon Translator
Babylon Translator
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Need Bengali added., 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Babylon Translator (App)
It hasn't got all the languages I need but it helps with the ones it has.

Sorry about that ... or. how to live with a Flatcoated Retriever!
Sorry about that ... or. how to live with a Flatcoated Retriever!
by Susan Chiddicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny., 5 Aug 2014
Haven't read to the end yet, but very funny so far. Arrived very quickly.

Cold Enough to Freeze Cows
Cold Enough to Freeze Cows
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Got better as we went along., 7 July 2014
It took me until over half way for me to get into this book. But once in, I was hooked. I don't blame this on the author, my mind was very much still in the previous book I had read. A book of tragic lives that turned into living happily ever after, with the possible exception of Paul the Nuuade. I did feel, however, that we could have had less David, Esther and Louisa and more of the other characters.

The Buddha of Suburbia
The Buddha of Suburbia
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 21 Jun 2014
I think this may be a sort of autobiography. Enjoyable in parts, strange in a 1960's sort of way. I had trouble coming to terms with odd bits. The main character is a troubled soul, insular at times gregarious at others.

Sword Song (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 4)
Sword Song (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 4)
Price: 5.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable., 29 Mar 2014
Bernard Cornwell at his best. With more to come, I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. The previous books in the series are just as good.

GreatShield 2-in-1 Ballpoint Pen and Capacitive Touchscreen Stylus Touchscreen Devices
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, 17 Mar 2014
This is a good product but it is very expensive for what it is. It is just a glorified pen after all.

The Friends Of Mr Cairo
The Friends Of Mr Cairo
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Mar 2014
I had this on cassette tape for many years and hadn't listened to it for several years and suddenly had a yearn to hear it again. I still love it after all this time.

Google Earth sattelite veiw
Google Earth sattelite veiw

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for a free product, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Google Earth sattelite veiw (App)
Having looked at the "bad" reviews for the other 2 Google Earth Apps I decided to give this a try, even though it didn't have any reviews. I found it to be reasonably quick (bearing in mind our broadband is slow) and easy to use. Love the satellite imagery.

The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood Book 1)
The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood Book 1)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A good but hard read., 24 Jan 2014
This is a good exciting read. I didn't want to put it down, but had to to assimilate what I had read before moving on to the next chapter. Also, life goes on. Lia is an amazing character. My only concern was the apparent lack of emotion when she made her first kill, bearing in mind her protected upbringing & her discovery of powers she didn't know she had. If you like magical fantasy type books, this is worth a go.

The Princess Bride
The Princess Bride
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, chatty style., 13 Jan 2014
Goldman has abridged Mortgensens original book, cutting out the "long boring parts". So long as you can get through the first bit about Goldman's life (which incidentally goes with the story telling) you'll find a fascinating, easy to read, hard to put down, book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4