Profile for Big gun > Reviews

Content by Big gun

Big gun

Garmin nuvi 2445LMT 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps, Lifetime Map Updates and Traffic Alerts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of technology., 14 Jan 2013
I have just updated from an earlier Garmin GPS which cost a fortune at the time. It however did a great job, but because I found my self driving in fields, and on unknown roads I either needed to upgrade the maps or obtain another GPS. I was rather sceptical as to whether the Nuvi 2245 LTM would perform as well or better than my original, particularly as the price was so reasonable.
Well it seems to perform extremely well, and I am impressed. My only criticism is the poor information given in the full manual that I had to download. None of it is fully intuitive and I had to spend quite a time finding out how to navigate through the various features, without much help from the manual. Even adding a location to the favourites folder is not shown clearly. I am sure there must be other features that I haven't found out so far, but will keep trying.

I did an update to the maps which took an age. My first attempt failed with a number of error messages to contemplate. I was however successful on the second attempt, however it took a good hour for the update to upload, so be prepared.

On the whole I love it.

Canapés
Canapés
by Victoria Blashford-Snell

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as original edition, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Canapés (Hardcover)
New edition not as good as the original which had far more pictures of the final results. A real shame. Content really good though.

Jo Frost's Confident Toddler Care: The Ultimate Guide to The Toddler Years
Jo Frost's Confident Toddler Care: The Ultimate Guide to The Toddler Years
by Jo Frost

3.0 out of 5 stars Falling to pieces, 21 Aug 2011
Brilliant book contents by a very savvy author. Will come in very handy bringing up our grandson. However the book itself has already started to shed pages only after a couple of days. Hard cover book should last longer than this. Ouch.