Profile for Almorah > Reviews

Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Offered by Fine Party Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for D3200 - works fine, 5 Mar 2014
I bought this as a back-up battery for my D3200. It's a genuine Nikon product and works fine. Nothing more that I can say.

Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Offered by Camera Shot

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with a D3200, 5 Mar 2014
I bought this to use with my newly purchased D3200 - and it works fine using both the front & rear infra-red sensors on the camera. It's a genuine Nikon product and comes with a handy material case. It's plastic and quite small (2" x 1"). I've read some reviews which say that it does not work with a D3200 - so here's 3 (very obvious) pointers to get it to work. 1. When you remove it from the packaging you'll see there's a fine plastic strip protruding from the base - that's there to prevent the battery connection until ready for use - gently pull that strip out & discard it. 2. You must set the camera shutter release to remote mode (either 2 secs delay or instant release). 3. If you are using a lens which is capable of and is set to use auto-focus, you must either pre-set the focus of your shot (press the shutter release button half-way down) or switch the lens to manual focus mode. As I said, these tips are quite obvious - but I confess I knew the first two but had to play around with the camera and remote to work out the third! Once I'd done all 3 - it worked fine. In my opinion it's a handy gadget to have and well-worth the price.

Nikon D3200 For Dummies
Nikon D3200 For Dummies
by Julie Adair King

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Partner for your D3200, 25 Jan 2014
I've recently bought a Nikon D3200 and I bought this book at the same time. I've bought "Dummies" books in the past and this one, like the others, did not disappoint. Although the camera comes with a reference manual (on disc), I wanted something that I could use to take me through the functions of the camera step-by-step and that I could quickly and easily refer back to as necessary. For that purpose this book is superb. It's very well written and the descriptions are enhamnced by the inclusion of numerous colour images of the camera. The author starts at the basics and takes you right through to the point where you can start taking photos using the automatic functionality of the camera. If you want to go there, the later chapters detail the clever (more technical) stuff on how to take photos in non-automatic modes. The book also contains lots of tips & hints, not only about using the camera but also about digital photography in general. If you're buying a D3200 (and, like me, you're not a professional photographer) I recommend you buy this book as well - it's a great partner for your camera!

Case4Life Black/Blue Digital SLR Camera Bag Holster Carry Case for Nikon SLR D Series - D3100, D3200, D3300, D4, D40, D5100, D5200, D5300, D610, D700, D7100, D800 - Lifetime warranty
Offered by Gadget Barn

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Camera Bag for the Price, 25 Jan 2014
I bought this bag primarily to store my newly purchased Nikon D3200 - and the camera fits snugly into the bag. I've also just bought a Nikon 55-300 lens and, even with this longer lens attached, the camera fits into the bag (just about). The bag has several zipped pockets to store small items (e.g. spare battery etc) and comes with an adjustable (fixed) shoulder strap as well as a fixed carry handle. Yes, you can purchase better and more expensive bags - but, for the price, it's a good bag and does the job I need it to do.

6 x Membrane Screen Protectors for Nikon D3200 (DSLR Digital SLR) - Crystal Clear (Glossy), Retail Package, Installation Kit
Offered by Membrane Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 25 Jan 2014
I bought these to use with my newly purchased Nikon D3200. This camera has a 3" LCD screen and, try as I may, I found it impossible not to get finger marks (and nose marks) on it. These membranes are a superb solution. They are easy to apply, fit perfectly and certainly protect the screen. When in place, they are not noticable and have no impact whatsoever on the screen resolution/clarity. There are 6 membranes in the pack and a screen cleaning cloth is also included. At this price they're a steal. I shall certainly be buying more! Also, these arrived the day after I ordered them - so great service from the supplier!

Rolson 60725 30 LED Rechargeable Work Light
Rolson 60725 30 LED Rechargeable Work Light
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for working on the car, 21 Mar 2011
I bought this light specifically to work on my car - in a garage with no power. For me it works fine. The amount of light provided is sufficient - the magnet on the back is especially useful when working under the bonnet as it can be placed in various positions around or above the engine. I haven't yet had it on constantly for 5 hours - but I've come pretty close and the light never faded. Overall a good product.