Profile for R. Swailes > Reviews

Life is Sweet: A Collection of Splendid Old-Fashioned Confectionery
Life is Sweet: A Collection of Splendid Old-Fashioned Confectionery
by Hope and Greenwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift or for yourself, 17 Mar. 2010
The presentation is excellent and the recipies are well laid out. There are pictures of most of the recipies and the authors have made it really fun to read.

The mix between easy and difficult recipies is also good giving beginners encouragement to move on to the more complicated sweets.

So far I've tried the truffle recipies and they are delicious!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 3 Feb. 2010
Bought this as a gift for a friend and she loved it. Much better quality than I was expecting of this product - it's quite sturdy and feels nice to use.

Dr. Martens Women's 10491202 New authentic wedge high leg boot Bark 4 UK
Dr. Martens Women's 10491202 New authentic wedge high leg boot Bark 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoes!, 3 Feb. 2010
Started off a little tight and felt like I was wearing plaster casts. That lasted a week and now I love them. Contemplating buying them in black too...

Also, be aware that they aren't waterproof.

HP Notebook Messenger Case
HP Notebook Messenger Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Jun. 2009
Finally a bag for my 17" wide that's not overwhelmingly huge! My laptop fits in snuggly and there's still enough space for my lunch - I much prefer it to the Crumpler cases. The stap is also sewn in so it doesn't make that squeaky noise some other cases make.

Weight Watchers 8977U Square Glass Body Fat Analysis Scale
Weight Watchers 8977U Square Glass Body Fat Analysis Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight loss helper, 9 Jun. 2009
This scale is excellent. It can record up to 4 people's information so that you can track your progress individually. I found the setup easy if you read the manual at the same time and I love that it shows you how much weight you have lost since you first stepped on the scale.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Snowproof, 13 Mar. 2009
I didn't think these would be waterproof as they don't have a zip, but during the snow week in London I got to test them out and they were excellent! Not even damp on the inside!

Started off tight and have now moulded to my foot. These were an awesome buy!

Language, Proof and Logic
Language, Proof and Logic
by Jon Barwise

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tied to the software, 9 Oct. 2008
This was a required reading piece for a degree course so I've been over this book in detail.

The explanations provided in the book are excellent and give you a good grasp of the material. However, the majority of the book is talking you through exercises in the software provided.

I felt like there was too much emphasis on the software and that there should have been more examples where you did not have to consult your computer.

Sony Walkman NWZA828K 8GB Video  with Wireless Headphones
Sony Walkman NWZA828K 8GB Video with Wireless Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Luvs!, 1 Oct. 2008
I deliberatly delayed writing a review until I had used everything on this player. And after 3 months, I still love it!

The player is tiny and fits into my pockets without looking daft. The sound quality is excellent. The video quality is great! The headphones completely make the package as it's great to do chores or run with them on and not have cords get in the way. (It does come with earbuds too)

The software is not great and requires you to pay to upgrade to compress movies. Try google for 'Any Video Converter' as it does the job brilliantly. Since that's easy enough to get around, I still give it 5 stars. And the easiest way to manage playlists is with Windows Media Player.

I love my new toy :)