Profile for R. Swailes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Reebok Grip Medicine Ball - Orange, 6 Kg
Reebok Grip Medicine Ball - Orange, 6 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Will buy others, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Reebok Grip Medicine Ball (Sports)
I looked around for ages to find a good medicine ball with handles that didn't overpower me with a smell of rubber. This is pretty good although a little pricey. The ball feels hollow which I didn't expect but it's fine to use for training. The handles are a good size.

Fitness Mad Warrior Plus Yoga Mat - Fire
Fitness Mad Warrior Plus Yoga Mat - Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes, 12 July 2013
Bought the mat for home use and I'm happy with it. It doesn't slip and it's enough padding for floor work.

Diesel Exposure Low Toe Capped Canvas Trainers Black 37
Diesel Exposure Low Toe Capped Canvas Trainers Black 37
Offered by Scorpion Shoes Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs small but comfy when worn in., 12 July 2013
I am usually a 38 but they felt like boats on my feet. The 37's were tight initially but once they were worn in they became super comfy.

Genuine TomTom Easyport Window Mount for TomTom ONE V4/V5/XL/XXL/XL2 including IQ Routes
Offered by uksalesdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits, works, genuine, 12 July 2013
Fits my XL perfectly and is a genuine product. Will have to buy another for when they get left in rental cars :P.

Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 3)
Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read and read again, 7 Jun 2013
I've read this book a few times now along with the others in the trilogy. The first part drags on a bit but the second half of the book more than makes up for it.

Hama Lens Cleaning Pen
Hama Lens Cleaning Pen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to scratch, 25 April 2012
This review is from: Hama Lens Cleaning Pen (Accessory)
I bought this based on the good reviews but I must have received a faulty one. The bristles shed everywhere and the felt tip had a black residue on it that got all over my hands and all over the lens. Don't think I'll try another one.

Asus 1005PE 10.1-inch Netbook (Intel Atom N450 1.66 GHz Processor, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, up to 11 hr Battery, WLAN, Bluetooth, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little netbook, 8 Jun 2010
I'm quite pleased with my new EEE. The design of the whole device is really beautiful and they thoughtfully packed white power cables with this white version of the device.

It comes with Windows 7 Starter which isn't brilliant compared to Windows 7 Premium but it seems to do the job. I'm not really a fan of the Express Gate OS that it comes with as it looks a bit half done, but it boots quickly for the functionality it provides. I've tried out Ubuntu Netbook Edition on it already and think I'll be switching to that (or at least dual booting) when I have time to play with it properly.

The HDD comes partitioned into two.

While there is space for a 3G card behind the battery, there is no 3G available on the device. Apparently when the time comes you can buy the module and have that installed - but I'll probably just stick to an external 3G dongle.

The multi touch is also good and I like that the touchpad is practically invisible.

And I'm looking forward to putting the battery life through it's paces - it seems to be living up to it's spec so far!

TomTom XL 2 IQ 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps
TomTom XL 2 IQ 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps

4.0 out of 5 stars So Close!, 3 Jun 2010
We bought this device to road trip around Europe and put it through it's first trip last weekend.

The device seems easier to use than the TomTom Classic and I like the changes that they have made to the interface. It seems that it's always less than three clicks to get to the functionality that you want.

The lane assist feature is also really good and I like the new layout of the information at the bottom of the screen while driving.

My only gripe is that you cannot enter latitude and longitude coordinates on this device. I have even contacted TomTom to confirm this because I thought it must be in the menu options somewhere. So that for me is the only failing.

It's also a bit difficult to enter map corrections and I don't think I would be able to do that while driving, but since it's a rarity it's not a major concern.

Also be aware that the text to speech is only available on the computer generated voices and not on the human recorded voices.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2010 11:50 AM GMT

Life is Sweet: A Collection of Splendid Old-Fashioned Confectionery
Life is Sweet: A Collection of Splendid Old-Fashioned Confectionery
by Hope and Greenwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift or for yourself, 17 Mar 2010
The presentation is excellent and the recipies are well laid out. There are pictures of most of the recipies and the authors have made it really fun to read.

The mix between easy and difficult recipies is also good giving beginners encouragement to move on to the more complicated sweets.

So far I've tried the truffle recipies and they are delicious!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 3 Feb 2010
Bought this as a gift for a friend and she loved it. Much better quality than I was expecting of this product - it's quite sturdy and feels nice to use.

Page: 1 | 2