Profile for Lamplighter > Reviews

Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors
Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors
Offered by Golfgear4less & Babythingz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to fit, 6 Dec 2013
These hedgehog covers were difficult to fit and came with pretty useless minimal instructions - no diagrams. The clips were not wide enough for my wheels and had to be discarded. In the end, I got my club pro shop to fit them for me and they found it a struggle - had to soak them in hot water for 20 minutes and then use levers. They may still need screws to fix them in place. I should have just bought hedgehog covers from the pro shop in the first place! Delivery was OK but the product is a disappointing hassle.

Bag of 100 nail in type shelf supports - White
Bag of 100 nail in type shelf supports - White
Offered by 4 Home & More

2.0 out of 5 stars Nails and supports are mis-matched., 1 Mar 2013
The delivery was good and the price was very reasonable. I needed to put some small extra shelves in various kitchen cupboards, made from white melamine faced chipboard (as most kitchen units are). But there were two problems with the nails. Firstly, they are too long and so make a mess of the surface of melamine on the other side. Secondly the nail heads are too small for the plastic support housings, so that when hammered in flush to the support, the support is still loose. I had to overcome both these difficulties by improvising and using small metal nuts as washers, but not everybody would have such bits and pieces available in their garage! I know I should get out more!

Knob Creek Whiskey Small Batch Bourbon 70 cl
Knob Creek Whiskey Small Batch Bourbon 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Knob Creek - a tasty tincture, 11 Jun 2012
I first tried this whiskey when my son bought me a bottle for my birthday. I enjoyed it so much that I bought a further two bottles of it. I am too old to be a session whiskey drinker, but I do enjoy the odd small glass of an evening. Knob Creek has not only strength but also a wonderfully satisfying flavour. I recommend it.

Stanley 0-TRE550 Electric Staple/Nail Gun
Stanley 0-TRE550 Electric Staple/Nail Gun

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to do the job., 5 Jun 2011
When my old B&D electric stapler gave up the ghost, I tried (without any luck) to find the same model, since I had a stock of spare packs of unused staples in various sizes. Instead I was obliged to buy a new Stanley electric stapler in order to complete a chair reupholstery job. The Amazon price was way cheaper than the DIY shed prices for exactly the same make and model! However, it arrived without any staples at all and so I was obliged to purchase staples from the local DIY shed. The Stanley stapler feels good in the hand and coped with the task with only a few misfires, although I have not yet thoroughly road-tested it on a range of materials.
One of your reviewers had the old B&D electric stapler but no staples. If he could get in touch, we could perhaps do a deal!