Profile for RPage > Reviews

Content by RPage

RPage "Ray" (Essex UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Anker® TC960 Ultra-Slim Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 - Smart Case and Magnetically Detachable Keyboard (Tuxedo-black) (Leather)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit!, 3 July 2014
I was very pleased with the quality of the Case/Keyboard which, considering the price was excellent. I had no problems connecting it to my iPad 2 and was particularly pleased to find that the keyboard was detachable and secured in it's own case. I like the feel of the keyboard and have found it adequately responsive. Contrary to some other reviewers I did not find that the closing/locking magnetic tab was weak. Although it is essential to ensure that the magnet's spigot is located correctly in it''s receiving hole in the magnet on the case for a secure lock. As another reviewer said it looks like a small laptop, limited only by the restrictions imposed by Apple's protectionism and sales strategies.

Window Mosquito Fly Screen - White Aluminum Frame 100x120cm
Window Mosquito Fly Screen - White Aluminum Frame 100x120cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Mosquitos hate these screens, 16 Jun 2014
Over several years past I have tried many different methods for excluding flies, moths etc. All methods have been costly and have worked for a short time. These screens are aluminum framed and quite rigid and with care will last for years. Their fixing system was designed for continental windows that open inwardly so the fixing method doesn't work with windows that open outwardly. So I devised my own very simple system for fixing and removing the frames at will. It is very easy to operate and works very well. with this in mind I would still recommend these screens to friends and family. When in place they are fully effective. A great deal of thought went into the design of these screens. The frames are made from white powder coated aluminum extrusion and are very easy to cut and assemble to the required window sizes. Any average handyman with a hack saw, mallet and fine flat file should be able to manage it. The price and delivery charges were very reasonable even though they were supplied by a company based in Germany.

Logitech M560 Wireless Mouse - Black
Logitech M560 Wireless Mouse - Black
Offered by Jeremiah Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for the M510 Mouse, why?, 4 May 2014
Big disappointment, the wheel is too cumbersome and stiff to use. Side switching is hard and not positive. I like to program the wheel to double click but the software doesn't offer this as an option. The action of pressing down the wheel is much harder than other Logitech mice. M560 was specially designed for Windows 8. The M510 mouse is already Windows 8 friendly, simple and easy to use. My wife destroyed the packaging for the M560 mouse before I had tried it. So I'm stuck with it! In my opinion the M510 is still the best mouse that Logitech produce. I am not blaming the supplier or complaining about the delivery and service. Which was as good as I have learned to expect from Amazon. I just wonder why Logitech tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

ALL GREY Premium Aluminium Insect Door Chain Screen Curtain 90x210cm
ALL GREY Premium Aluminium Insect Door Chain Screen Curtain 90x210cm
Offered by easy HYGIENE

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fly-screen on the market!, 4 May 2014
I have spent a great deal of cash over the years, on purchasing numerous unsuccessful fly-screens! I saw an example of this type of fly-screen some time ago in use at a restaurant I use. I was told that it was very effective but expensive at £200.00. So, I shelved the idea of buying one for my own use. However, recently, whilst searching for another fly-screen that appealed, I discovered this gem at a price I can afford. I love it and the flies hate it and keep away from my kitchen. It is a little daunting to pass through at first but once you've developed a technique it's quite easy. I have recommended this fly-screen to family and friends. Great price and service from the Amazon Marketplace supplier.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

5.0 out of 5 stars "Love you" present for my Wife., 9 Dec 2013
I purchased this as a "love you" present for my lady and she loves it. Although I wish now that I'd got her a paper white Kindle after having seen a friend's one.

Inspector Montalbano: Collection Five [DVD]
Inspector Montalbano: Collection Five [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luca Zingaretti

5.0 out of 5 stars Montalbano, the greatest!, 9 Dec 2013
Purchased this to fill a gap in our collection and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the episodes again. Montalbano bears watching over and over again.

Lenovo G580 15.6-inch Laptop (Red) - (Intel Celeron 1000M 1.8GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Daughter's red laptop!, 9 Dec 2013
Purchased this machine for our Grand Daughter as a reward for passing the eleven plus. She loves it and uses it daily. I was impressed with the quality and the specification of the laptop for the price at the time of purchase.

Young Montalbano [DVD]
Young Montalbano [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michele Riondino

5.0 out of 5 stars The young Montalbano, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Young Montalbano [DVD] (DVD)
My Wife and myself are avid Montalbano fans and this mini series came as a very welcome addition to our collection. Except for Mimi the characterisations are very well done. The choice of acters has been very carefully made and are quickly accepted as the younger versions of the principle characters. That is, with the exception of Mimi Augello. Although, visually he is acceptable his moustache and characterisation of the older Mimi are a little over the top.

You may be interested to know that you can stay in Montalbano's home as a bed and breakfaster, drink in that wonderful view and be the envy of all the tourist daily photographing the house? Just Google it for more information.

Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner
Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 14 July 2013
Before buying a steam cleaner I checked with "Which" as I was looking for a cleaner that was suitable for Kitchens (particularly ovens) and Bathrooms (particularly showers). According to the "Which" test data I found that the VAX S5 was the best option for my requirements. Having now used it on a badly lime scaled shower I can confirm that it does the job very well. When cleaning glass a cleaning solution used in conjunction with the S5 was essential to take advantage of the steam softening process. Shower looks great now!

My Neff oven was a disgrace as I had not cleaned it since Christmas last. Previous cleaning sessions have needed a very powerful cleaner to clean the oven when not nearly as dirty. Using the S5 was a revelation! The oven now is as clean as when new. Using steam and one of those stainless steel scourers did the job in no time and without any powerful oven cleaner, I used Fairy Liquid instead to remove any residual fat to bring up the shine, much kinder to the environment and my hands. Reliability remains to be seen but for now I am very pleased with my S5 steam Cleaner.

Collins CSB1500 Bradford's Crossword Solver - Black
Collins CSB1500 Bradford's Crossword Solver - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars This machine is not perfect but it is way ahead of the rest of the competition., 4 Mar 2013
I almost sent it back as it seemed to fail almost as soon as I started to use it. However, on close examination I found that the row of keys directly under the screen are liable to get caught under the edge of the key apertures on the case. It is essential to press the keys squarely to ensure that they don't stick down. Having owned an earlier Franklin machine I can say that this newer model's dictionary is not quite as comprehensive as the old one with less words. The case is better made than the old one and the lid hinges are more sturdy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3