Profile for Chris Shannon > Reviews

Content by Chris Shannon

Chris Shannon

Worms Forts: Under Siege (PC)
Worms Forts: Under Siege (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars ***Warning*** Game So Addictive It Could Result In Divorce!!!, 13 Aug 2014
This game should have a public health warning on it. It is very addictive and often very frustrating. The graphics are really good but at times the worms do seem to invade the background a bit. However, that would be the only grumble from me. The grumble from my wife is that when that goes on, nothing gets done.

Cromwell, Our Chief Of Men
Cromwell, Our Chief Of Men
by Lady Antonia Fraser
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought Again & Again, 14 April 2014
At first glance, when I first bought this book, I thought, "blinding, that's a big book". As I read the book, it became more and more captivating. It provided an insight into both the private and public life. You get a fully rounded picture of the life of Oliver Cromwell and his family. If you would like a brief overview of Cromwell, or just a passing interest, then this is not the book for you. If you like history, or if you are on a history or politics course then this is the book for you. The book is easy to read and is well written. I have had to repurchase this book three times for one reason or another. Most of my friends said that they felt compelled to read it to the end. I enjoyed it a lot. You will too!

Lone Survivor [DVD]
Lone Survivor [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! That was very, very good!!!, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lone Survivor [DVD] (DVD)
I have just watched this and I have to say that this is one of the most moving films I have watched for a long time. Because of it being based on a true story, it made it even more moving. I have a special forces family background and have seen action and this is the best I have seen so far for realism. If you want to see what our forces face in Afghanistan on a daily basis, get this video.

It is heart wrenching, especially at the end. Even I felt a lump in my throat.

If you want fiction, go get Rambo III. You want reality, get this DVD. You wont regret it. Well worth the money. Just a pity that the UK does not make some of their Afghan missions into films. The acting was spot on and the costumes were brilliant. Miss this and miss out!!