ARRAY(0xab1c3360)

Profile for Fiona Mcgregor > Reviews

Content by Fiona Mcgregor

Fiona Mcgregor (Alva, Scotland)

The Bet
The Bet
Price: 2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartrendingly wonderful, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Bet (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded The Bet a while ago, but then got stuck into a pile of "real" books and didn't quite get round to it. Finished it last night and . . . wow, I'm impressed. I feel as if I've been through a mangle! The characterisation is simply wonderful and utterly believeable. An outstanding read.

Away With The Fairies
Away With The Fairies
Price: 2.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful novel from Vivienne Tuffnell, 19 Dec 2011
I just loved Strangers and Pilgrims, Vivienne's first novel. But you know how it is, you are sometimes nervous reading a second novel in case it's a disappointment; in case the author put all his/her good ideas into the first one.

But no need for that with Away with the Fairies. A rollocking good story line, beautifully drawn characters, some laugh out loud moments, and others where I started feeling a bit scared and went and checked all the doors and windows!

Vivienne Tuffnell is a truly gifted novelist. She makes you laugh, cry and think profoundly about life and death and eveything in between.

I do hope she brings out another book soon!

Strangers & Pilgrims
Strangers & Pilgrims
by Vivienne Tuffnell
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've read in years, 11 Mar 2010
This review is from: Strangers & Pilgrims (Paperback)
I just finished Strangers and Pilgrims. I am just blown away. It is WONDERFUL. It was so good, I was rationing myself to just a chapter at a time so I wouldn't finish it too quickly. It was strange.........the first half was so good, I was thinking, "Nah, she's going to blow it now; she can't keep this up; she's never going to tie all this together." But she did. Best thing I've read in years. When do we get the next one?