Profile for Girl with her nose in a book > Reviews

Content by Girl with her ...

Girl with her nose in a book "Rosie" (UK)

Staedtler pigment liner fineliner technical drawing pen set of 6 assorted line widthss

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
My favourite pens to use for my designs.

Cosmic Girl: Rising Up
Cosmic Girl: Rising Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!! I can't wait for the next one!, 24 April 2014
This book is a little different to the books that I usually read but to say that I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement! It starts out a little grim about how people are experimented on while they are held captive however; it sets the scene for how they acquire their powers and the characters’ mission to pursue justice and to stop the evil mastermind behind it all.

The story is wonderfully written and it pulls you in while you experience the main superhero, Cosmic Girl’s discovery of her powers but also her inner strength as her character develops and matures. There is romance, friendship, emotion, action, humour, adventure and suspense, which make for a great story. The author has a way with words that makes it come alive and pulls you in. It is a substantial book but I got through it in 3 days as I just couldn’t put it down. The book ended on a high and I cannot wait to read the next one!

Pink Rose Battery Powered LED Fairy Light String
Pink Rose Battery Powered LED Fairy Light String
Offered by Goodia

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful lights!, 8 Dec 2013
The photos don't do them justice. Really happy with my purchase, they were worth the wait (as they came from Thailand). Love that they're battery operated so I can use them anywhere and move it around.

Various Artists - the Lone Piper [DVD] [2011]
Various Artists - the Lone Piper [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Munros

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a chance and it paid off., 19 July 2009
What a beautiful dvd! We took a bit of a chance and were pleasantly surprised. Good sound, good variety, not just piper all the way (which can grate on your nerves after a while), he is often joined by other instruments which adds to a fuller sound.

Twister [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Twister [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Helen Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars You actually notice a difference in blu-ray version!, 19 July 2009
A great film got even better when it came out in blu-ray. We have a really good speaker system (B&W) and the sound and picture quality was so much better than the original dvd, we definitely heard some sounds that we've never noticed before on our well-watched dvd version. Well worth it.

Pattern Design: A Period Design Sourcebook
Pattern Design: A Period Design Sourcebook
by Sian Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit dull., 19 July 2009
This book covers a range of subjects including textiles, architecture, stained glass etc. but was a bit dull and uninspiring for my taste. Having said that, I bought it hoping that it was all about textiles so was obviously disappointed. Maybe the description should have been a bit clearer. I think the picture on the cover is the best design in the book.

Digital Textile Design (Portfolio Skills)
Digital Textile Design (Portfolio Skills)
by Melanie Bowles

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!!!, 19 July 2009
A very interesting and inspiring book. The book gives clear guidance on how to do certain things in Photoshop and Textile Design and have plenty of examples although I would not say that it was a stand-alone resource book as there is quite a lot to learn about the software but certainly a great start for anyone just getting into digital textile design. I thoroughly enjoyed it.