Profile for NeedPerfection > Reviews

GYM MAT EXERCISE MAT SC 190 X 100 X 1,5 LIGHT BLUE
GYM MAT EXERCISE MAT SC 190 X 100 X 1,5 LIGHT BLUE
Price: 29.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value mat, 23 May 2012
This mat is great for the price.

-It's a decent size, especially compared to other mats available around the same price.
-It can be rolled up.
-It's made of a comfortable material
-It has a good thickness

The only bad things I could say are that the material is probably easily damaged if you put anything sharp on it and apply some force (should be fairly obvious) and if you roll it up, it's better to turn the mat upside down first to avoid it curling when you unroll it. I do have a little bit of wear around the edges of the mat.

I use it for floor work and have it on a laminate floor; it's proven invaluable for me.

Canon PIXMA MX895 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Canon PIXMA MX895 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-round device, 23 May 2012
I have just upgraded to this from a PIXMA MX870, which the PIXMA MX895 builds upon (as well as the MX885 that was released in-between).

Installation was a bit simpler than I remember it was with the MX870; the print head was pre-installed and the print head alignment sheet did not need to be subsequently scanned. Connecting to the wireless network was made easy via WPS registration. Software installation was fairly simple (but required a reboot to "update an old file" before starting - perhaps something from the MX870). However, updating the firmware was not as straightforward as one would have hoped; it required a connection via a (of course unsupplied) USB cable (as well as having the printer driver installed on the connected device - I used a netbook for the task which I hadn't installed the driver on yet and so this made it a bit more hassle). One would imagine the majority of people will be using the device over their home network so it would have been helpful to include a network or web interface based upgrade (or even have the printer download it from the internet itself!). I have to say though that I am glad Canon are making firmware updates available to end-users (though this one was mainly to add already advertised features).

The Canon software works fine, but as ever it feels disjointed. It also now invades your desktop with some a vertical bar in bottom right-hand corner of the desktop, as well as a balloon tip on start-up in the notification area to remind you to install Easy WebPrint if you didn't. There are also now various confirmation dialogue boxes when you click on any button that connects to the internet/opens a web page, which among other things tells you that Canon will know you clicked on the button (something that should be fairly self-explanatory !!).

The print quality is good, I imagine it's a notch below Canon's best photo printers but it's more than adequate for everyday use. One annoyance that was present on the MX870 and is still there is that if the printer hasn't been used for a while, it will take two minutes to warm-up after sending a print job.

One of my favourite features is the duplex ADF for scanning. A feature not normally found on home printers, it makes scanning documents so much easier. When scanning multiple photos etc. on the platen, the scanning software can automatically split them into separate images. The printer also has a duplex unit for two-sided printing, and dual paper trays (front loading cassette and rear tray).

The printer also has some nifty features including Google Cloud Print (this is what the firmware update was for) which lets you print from any internet connected computer using Google Chrome or other Google services. A tip for registering the printer with Google Cloud Print: after the printer prints the registration page you need to press OK on the printer (to confirm the page printed) before actually registering online, otherwise registration will fail (or at least it did for me). This caught me out the first time but you can repeat the process so it was just a nuisance more than anything.

This printer does have a large footprint though it is slightly smaller than the MX870. It still has some of the nice touches from the MX870 including the automatically opening output tray cover.

Overall, there are a few niggles mentioned above but I think the breadth of features makes up for it and hence the five-star rating. What I can't understand is how Canon have completely failed to deliver enough stock to meet demand. Still today, nowhere has it in stock, when the printer was supposed to have been on sale in April. Luckily I have managed to obtain one from Amazon!

Feel free to ask anything in the comments and I will do my best to answer/update the review.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 10:43 PM BST

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars York Dumbbell Set, 22 April 2012
These weights are more or less what you would expect. I bought them to add extra weights and dumbbell handles to the chrome 50kg York set I already have (so that I can spend less time changing weights).

You get metal spinlock collars on these compared to most other York sets which have plastic locks. Each bar with collars weighs 1.6kg.

I did however notice that compared to the dumbbell bars I have from the other set (those ones have a rubber grip), the part of the bar where you put the weight discs on is shorter (4" vs 4.5") as the middle part is longer. Not a big deal as I don't load that many weights on, and to be honest it probably makes taken the collars off slightly quickly ;)

The weights do stay secure if the rubber washers are in place and the collars are tightened properly. However, if you roll them about on the floor they will come loose (but that's no fault of the weights, you should just avoid doing that).

So in summary I'm happy with them, but they are a tad overpriced at the current price of 34.99.

H & L Russel Belt Hanger, 4 swivel hook, 18.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 cm
H & L Russel Belt Hanger, 4 swivel hook, 18.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 cm
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine, 30 Dec 2011
Despite the bad reviews, I ordered anyway and mine seems fine - the hangers aren't loose. All in all I'm pleased with the item. It also appears to be the exact same product that certain high street retailers are selling!