Profile for Davina S. Saint > Reviews

Content by Davina S. Saint

Davina S. Saint

Page: 1 | 2
Kitchenella: The secrets of women: heroic, simple, nurturing cookery - for everyone
Price: 12.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely style, 3 Jun 2014
This book is a really engaging and generous read, it goes along in a good conversational style and it really is packed with things that you never knew that you needed until you came upon them here. I think that it is quite a good way of expanding a simple home repertoire for the family. I have it in Kindle and hard copy and I have to admit that I like the latter more.

Planting: A New Perspective
Planting: A New Perspective
by Piet Oudolf
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not really a book for pictures, 3 Jun 2014
But this really is a book crammed with a ton of useful and enlightening information. I really enjoyed this book and it is really an essential part of a gardener's library.

The River of Adventure (Adventure (MacMillan) Book 8)
The River of Adventure (Adventure (MacMillan) Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids still love these books, 3 Jun 2014
My son now 10 is discovering these books, just as I did as a kid. They are simple, entertaining, safe and exciting. Still a good read after all of these years!

Letter from an Unknown Woman and other stories
Letter from an Unknown Woman and other stories
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 Jun 2014
What a story, what an amazing story, I was encouraged to read this when I found out that Wes Anderson based a lot of his work for Grand Budapest Hotel around the novels of Zweig and so I decided to read some. really enjoyed the intensity and soul of this book.

Funny Scary Stories
Funny Scary Stories
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this a translation?, 3 Jun 2014
Ths language is so poor, that although the stories are actually not the very worst, it is as though they have been translated from another language through a machine! I had to adapt the stories while reading them to my kids to actually get them to make sense. Not great.

Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes: I Can Read Level 1 (I Can Read Book 1)
Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes: I Can Read Level 1 (I Can Read Book 1)
Price: 2.22

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves these books, 8 Mar 2014
Maybe it is a combination of the sweet family stories and the detailed pictures that makes these so appealing but whatever it is, my daughter who is 6 loves them .

Kids/Boys Winter Thermal High Performance Ski Socks With Extra Cushioning Available in 3 Sizes 4 pack 4-6

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks, 13 Feb 2014
Bought these for my 10 year old, they are just great socks. We got them for skiing, comfy well made good fit, excellent.

POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts)
POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts)
by Russell Norman
Price: 17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth buying, 13 Feb 2014
This great bok is beautifully constructed, it feels great to hold, has an amazing spine that opens and stays open, has recipes that are fresh, usuable, inspiring and tasty.

I first came across this cookbook at a dinner party where the hostess was cooking a pizza that had just rosemary and thinly sliced new potatoes on it. I was msesmerised and it was delicious. I kept the name of the book in the back of my mind and a year later I bought it for myself, I am now just mad for it.

We had the book with us on a holiday, each day, we all chose something to make and each evening we were delighted with our choices. Highly recommend the meatballs with what seems like a preposterous amount of fennel seeds. Just magic.

Learning to Ski with Mr. Magee
Learning to Ski with Mr. Magee
Price: 4.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Another lovely book, 27 Dec 2013
The illustrations are just beautiful in van Dusen`s books. Characters are endearing and man's best friend is all you would expect. My kids request and re request these books by him again and again.

Down to the Sea with Mr. Magee
Down to the Sea with Mr. Magee
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 31 Oct 2013
Lovely illustrations and a good story. We love all of the books in this series. They are great entertainment. Old fashioned safe lovely storytelling.

Page: 1 | 2