Profile for Mrs. Z. L. Reynolds > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Z. L. Rey...

Mrs. Z. L. Reynolds "surfingbernard" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
New Urban Farmer
New Urban Farmer
by Celia Brooks Brown
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars From planting to recipes...., 22 April 2010
This review is from: New Urban Farmer (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a lot of books with similar subject matter: growing your own, self-sufficiency and so forth, but this one is unusual in that it gives recipes for using your produce once you've actually grown it. It has practical information such as planting and harvesting times and advice on how to manage your allotment, deal with pests and so on, perhaps a bit thinner on the ground than some books in that respect, but it has more of a general overview to make some room for the recipes and some very nice photos. I am very happy to add this one to the collection and look forward to trying some of the recipes when it comes to harvesting time.

The Universe: Complete Season 2  (4 Disc) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Universe: Complete Season 2 (4 Disc) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Offered by ludovico_institute
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 22 Feb 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well I really liked it, I thought it was absolutely fascinating. Admittedly I am not a 'buff' or expert on the subject matter but would like to think I was reasonably intelligent and I didn't find it too dumbed down. I used to think American narrators were annoying but to be honest UK narrators have got more irritating in recent years so I didn't mind it not being a British presenter. It doesn't reach the same dizzy heights as some of the more expensive UK productions we have seen by the way of scientific and astronomy series but I found it faster moving than some. It did not suffer from the annoying habit we find in cheaper documentaries where they drag out every piece of knowledge as far as they can, it moved at an appreciable pace.

My Magnetic Space Station
My Magnetic Space Station
by Joy Gosney
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not last long..., 18 Feb 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set looks really cool at a glance, there are magnetic characters and objects which can be arranged inside the 'space station' like a two dimensional doll's house in space. The set contains four little story books but to be honest these were not great. My son liked it for about half an hour, but even in that time the thing had started to deteriorate as the card flaps which held the books became misshapen and no longer held the books in. My son who has mild autism found this intolerable!

Squiggle Safari
Squiggle Safari
Price: 3.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm...., 18 Feb 2010
This review is from: Squiggle Safari (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product is quite nice in that it can inspire the creative imagination but it can be difficult getting children interested in it. The idea is that you spin the dial and the finger lands on the name of an animal. Each leaf of paper on the glued pad has a squiggle on it and the idea is to continue on from that squiggle and turn it into a giraffe, elephant or whatever animal you got on the spin. I kind of liked the idea but to be honest it was not very exciting for kids and they got bored of it in no time and lost what little interest they had had in it. I found my niece loved it though so I suppose it depends on the kid, some will love it, some will say 'meh' to it.

25 x Highly Sensitive 10mIU Pregnancy Test Strips (tests up to 6 days earlier)
25 x Highly Sensitive 10mIU Pregnancy Test Strips (tests up to 6 days earlier)
Offered by SME Fertility
Price: 3.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for money!, 10 Oct 2009
I got plenty of these tests for less than the cost of one branded test so these represent excellent value. I got a positive 5 days before my period was due with these but the line was extremely faint. I bought a First Response test to confirm the result as the result is much clearer on those, but these cheap and cheerful tests picked up the positive result all the same. I have knocked off one star because the line remained very faint even after my period was late and is still fainter than the control line at 4+5 weeks which the First Response test has a whacking strong line, but this is a minor criticism as a line is a line!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2011 1:48 PM GMT

Max Factor Second Skin Foundation - Golden
Max Factor Second Skin Foundation - Golden
Price: 11.62

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but..., 25 Sep 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This make-up has a nice texture and goes on nicely and doesn't look cakey. It lasts quite well and covers very well, but I'm afraid I didn't really like the feel of it on my skin. Someone with a more 'steady' complexion would no doubt love this stuff, but for me it tended to go patchy and irritate parts of my face across the cheeks. On the first day it seemed fine but after the second day I started to feel uncomfortable with the makeup on towards the end of the day. I did put it on on a third day but I washed it off at lunchtime because I started to not like the feel of it. Also the colour was not a good match for me, but again this is a personal preference- it wasn't too light or dark, just not right for my skin. I usually use mineral powder makeup and after the mess and fuss of minerals it was nice to use a liquid again, but I was reminded of why I switched after a couple of days, and when you read the ingredient list which reads like a chemistry exam, you see why this is! Recommended for non-sensitive skin but not for those of us with skin issues.

Doodle On!: Christmas Doodles
Doodle On!: Christmas Doodles
by Smriti Prasadam-Halls
Price: 9.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Christmassy fun!, 25 Sep 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely book, and nicely wholesome as a Christmas activity which can be enjoyed by all the family. The pages start off a picture and make suggestions how the child (or big kid) can fill in the rest. It's like a colouring book but more- dress up animals to match their owners, draw the contents of Santa's sack and so on. A very nice book which I will be saving for Christmas, I know my 4-year-old will love this, I find that many children enjoy activities and drawing much more than toys and it is more stimulating for them.

Plan Toys 60311 City Station
Plan Toys 60311 City Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful quality, 31 Aug 2009
This review is from: Plan Toys 60311 City Station (Toy)
If you're wondering if this toy can be worth the money, I think it is. It is built very well and unlike similar toys made of plastic, it will not break unless it meets with an unfortunate accident! No doubt if you have many children it would be passed along them all and still going after. It is pretty cool as well, there's a road across the front to connect to the road system, a railway going through the downstairs and an upstairs one which can be road or rail. Also there's a little ticket office, barriers and a seating area and a cool clicking revolving door. My son loves it!

Plan Toys 60221 Mini Trucks
Plan Toys 60221 Mini Trucks

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, 31 Aug 2009
This review is from: Plan Toys 60221 Mini Trucks (Toy)
These are lovely quality toys, my son loves them and other toys in the range. I think that these simple wooden toys where they can make their own railways, roads and towns are wonderful as they inspire the imagination.

Vax V020 Carpet Washer
Vax V020 Carpet Washer

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought the Numatic..., 31 Aug 2009
It's ok, but really quite fiddly to use. The lid is a nightmare to get on straight and the pipes are a tangle and it's also a bit awkward to clean and store. The machine has seen a fair bit of use to be fair, but it hasn't stood up to it really as the main nozzle is broken now and so it doesn't such the water out as well as it did, also many of the clips have broken or gone missing so the hoses are a mess. It does a reasonable job, but I do wish I'd paid a bit extra and bought a George, I have the Henry dry vacuum which has been fantastic and I expect the George would be as good, it certainly gets some good reviews.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12