Profile for Mrs. Z. L. Reynolds > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Z. L. Rey...

Mrs. Z. L. Reynolds "surfingbernard" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Hi-Fi phones but not so good for a DJ, 18 Mar. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These have a lovely, balanced sound for Hi-Fi enthusiasts to listen to music on and they are very comfortable for wearing 'properly' on both ears. A word of warning, however, they do distort at higher volumes and look as though they would break if used a lot for DJing with them around the neck, twisted to listen with one ear. As my main use for headphones is for DJing I was disappointed with these, but had I bought them for listening to music normally on I would have been happier. That said, the quality really isn't what I would have expected from a Sennheiser set of phones of this price range.

Naty by Nature Babycare Eco Sensitive Wipes - 10 x Packs of 70 (700 Wipes)
Naty by Nature Babycare Eco Sensitive Wipes - 10 x Packs of 70 (700 Wipes)

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems with these..., 18 Mar. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were absolutely fine for my son where other brands have given him blisters. I usually use water and washable wipes but it is much more convenient when out and about to use these. I was sent these to review them but will be buying some! I couldn't really tell the difference between these and the ones with lotion. The only negative point which is common to many brands of wipes is that they tend to start drying out when the sticker closure loses its sticky, but adding a hard plastic closure would make the product a lot less 'eco'.

Naty by Nature Babycare Wipes with Lotion -10 x Packs of 70 (700 Wipes)
Naty by Nature Babycare Wipes with Lotion -10 x Packs of 70 (700 Wipes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for my son's sensitive skin., 18 Mar. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were absolutely fine for my son where other brands have given him blisters. I usually use water and washable wipes but it is much more convenient when out and about to use these. I was sent these to review them but will be buying some! I couldn't really tell the difference between these and the ones without lotion. The only negative point which is common to many brands of wipes is that they tend to start drying out when the sticker closure loses its sticky, but adding a hard plastic closure would make the product a lot less 'eco'.

Philips GC7420 Pressurised Steam Generator Iron - 800 Watt
Philips GC7420 Pressurised Steam Generator Iron - 800 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this if you hate ironng, 18 Nov. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think I will always buy this kind of iron now as Philips seem to have it covered iron-wise. This model has everything you want from an iron- admittedly it is quite large but you can't have it both ways and the actual 'footprint' is reasonable as it is tall rather than wide. There is plenty of steam power at the punch of a button- and there's even a choice of button to press: a trigger, a thumb button or a slide switch to leave the steam going for longer. It doesn't take long to heat up, just a couple of minutes, even on full power. The sole plate is really slidy and smooth and there are holes right up to the tip to get steam into the awkward places. You can do vertical steaming as well which I find useful for those things which require only a whiff of steam to get the creases out, it saves a lot of time if you can get away without properly ironing a few items! If you are unlucky enough to have loads of ironing to do then you can refill the tank by just unclipping it, taking it to the tap and clipping it back in. I had an iron which had to cool all the way down before you could refill it- needless to say the rest of the ironing got left!

If you hate ironing as much as I do then this is a great buy because it cuts ironing tome down to less than half what you'd spend with a normal steam iron. The only down side is the size and weight but this is a feature of steam generator irons, this one is no worse than any I have seen. Get it!

Chicken Dance
Chicken Dance
by Tammi Sauer

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing book, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Chicken Dance (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought that this was a very nice book and the illustration is superb, but perhaps the jokes are aimed more at the grown-ups as most kids of the target age probably have little or no knowledge of Elvis even if they know who he was. I also thought it was written in a way which found myself 'translating' slightly for my 5 year old to make it easier to understand. Still it was a very enjoyable book, entertaining and beautifully illustrated with very funny pictures. It can't be put in the same class with the Gruffalo or Room on the Broom but I would still recommend it, particularly to Elvis-loving parents.

BRAINtastic Version 2 Reading Success One
BRAINtastic Version 2 Reading Success One

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 12 Oct. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, my son usually has a good attention span but he couldn't be bothered with this at all. The software all installed with no problems (Mac OSX) and all seemed to work fine but once it was on it was all of five minutes before my 5yo was fed up. I had to sit with him to show him every singly thing to do because it really wasn't intuitive at all and the questions were all things such as matching two pictures- not really very challenging for most children within the age range of 4-6. It may be that the later levels had more challenges, but he never got that far. I did investigate a bit further though.

The idea is that your child answers some questions (the work part) and then they get to play a game for a couple of minutes (the reward part) but the game is just as dull as the questions and even I couldn't figure out straight away what to do on the game part.

I wouldn't recommend this as a learning tool, as you have to sit with them doing it anyway you would be better off reading together.

The Knitter's Year
The Knitter's Year
by Debbie Bliss

4.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish..., 12 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Knitter's Year (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As you might expect from Debbie Bliss, this is a very stylish book in a quality binding. There is a style 'theme' which runs through the book which has a 'shabby chic' feel to it. Think Kath Kidston without the floral prints. This I think makes it ideal for picking out ideas for gifts or making items for the home, or to hang on hangers, drape over mirrors or otherwise look very nice on show in a very well-kept home. For me, though, these things are not always practical as my home is very 'lived-in' and my sons will make a mess of it no matter what ideas I have! but I cannot fault the designs as they are stunning. I have not yet knit anything from the book but I do have my eye one or two.

Here is a list of the patterns:

SPRING

Mug cosy
Door draught excluder
Striped gloves
Pumpkin pincushion
Gadget covers (ipod, phone etc)
Slippers

Christmas stocking
Lace edged pillow
Collared scarf
Christmas pudding hat

Writing them all out I realise this is quite a lot of patterns! 52 altogether and they are all nice, perfect for gifts, or for adorning the beautiful home.

GR8 Gear Knitting Machine
GR8 Gear Knitting Machine

1.0 out of 5 stars Knot so gr8, 12 Oct. 2010
This review is from: GR8 Gear Knitting Machine (Toy)
This is a great idea for a toy, I love things that get kids into crafts and things, but all this will do is put kids off trying any crafts in future! There is no excuse for this not being a perfectly good gadget, it's pure greed to manufacture such shoddy tat and inexcusable in today's world with overflowing landfills and exhausted resources. My advice is to get a knitting loom (sometimes called French knitting) which does the same thing but they have to pull the stitches over and wrap the wool round by hand which is actually much more educational and satisfying, plus you won't end up with it all in a big, wasteful, useless knot. Ours went in the bin I'm afraid.

Fast Fabric Gifts: Scrap Fabric Style, Small Scale Sewing, Thrifty Chic: 30 Irresistible Fabric Gifts
by Sally Southern

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideas...., 16 Sept. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really this book is more of a collection of ideas of how you might use scraps of fabric and bits and bobs to make pretty gifts. There are indeed some nice ideas in the book, but there's not much mileage for your money here. Each idea has instructions, but they are extremely brief and there are no proper patterns or detailed instructions with pictures. The pictures are nice but they are almost all of the finished projects, not of the process. So... possibly worth buying if you enjoy flicking through books looking for ideas but I didn't like all the projects (there are some daft ones like sticking pieces of fabric to some little drawers) and given the lack of proper instructions as well I wouldn't recommend it. I thought it would make a nice change from the knitting books I usually buy, but I wish I had got the knitting book now.

Dolph Lundgren Is The Killing Machine [DVD]
Dolph Lundgren Is The Killing Machine [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dolph Lundgren
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible..., 16 Sept. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't expecting an Oscar-nominated performance or a brilliant script but I couldn't watch it the whole way through it was so predictable and boring. Absolutely every single aspect of the film is a tired old cliche. I won't be revisiting this one I'm afraid! He does the 'betrayed hitman who's work has ruined their personal life' thing as you may expect, and then it turns into the death wish thing - you know- he has to go on the rampage and kill everyone as it's the only way out..... aaaaand so on. Boring.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14