Profile for Mrs. Z. L. Reynolds > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Z. L. Rey...

Mrs. Z. L. Reynolds "surfingbernard" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Philips AVENT Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump - UK 3pin Plug
Philips AVENT Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump - UK 3pin Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the medela swing!, 18 April 2013
I had previously used a Medela Swing pump which was excellent and had thought at no other pump would be as good but this model has considerable improvements from previous Avent models. The pumping action is very similar to the Medela with the additional benefit of a more comfortable sitting position made possible by a clever redesign. I would definitely recommend.

Clevamama Clevabed Toilet Training Sleep Mat (White)
Clevamama Clevabed Toilet Training Sleep Mat (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item., 18 April 2013
I am very impressed with this item, it is fully waterproof without being crinkly, it feels just like a thick piece of soft bruahed cotton, it's just right for potty training or for general protection against accidents. I also like that it's unbleached as I prefer natural products.

Travalo Pure Essentials Refill Perfume Atomizer
Travalo Pure Essentials Refill Perfume Atomizer

4.0 out of 5 stars It works pretty well., 18 April 2013
I really quite like this, it is very nice and neat to carry and very nice to use. It has a valve in the base which you just push down onto the stick on the perfume bottle having removed the spray cap, it couldn't be simpler and fills really fast. I docked one star because it does tend to dribble a little bit when refilling from some bottles but it's excellent really and I would have docked only half a star if that were possible. I would definitely buy more of these for my other perfumes.

Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor
Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk Razor
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars It's really good, 24 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yes it's just a razor but I was using basic disposables before and it has to be said this is a lot better. My skin feels smoother, it does shave closer without irritation and the blades seem to stay sharp for ages. I wondered if the big 5 blade head might be a bit cumbersome but it made no difference. The razor releases slippery stuff when it gets wet as well which definitely helps for a slinky experience.

Pampers Baby Dry Size 4 (Maxi) Giga Pack 132 Nappies
Pampers Baby Dry Size 4 (Maxi) Giga Pack 132 Nappies
Offered by tarteg.cymru

4.0 out of 5 stars Pampers, 24 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These nappies are decent enough, haven't had any leaks from them, they do the job well. I thought at first they seemed a bit smaller than my usual brand for the same size nappy and was concerned they wouldn't fit my son's chubby bottom but they side tabs are very stretchy and in fact they fit fine. You can feel the granules of absorbent gel through the outer layer when you take out a nappy, for some reason I don't like this, perhaps because it seems too easy for the stuff to spill out. You do get a lot of nappies in this box which represent excellent value if you prefer to buy branded nappies, but for me I will be sticking with my Aldi and Lidl own brand nappies because the quality is slightly better and they are about half the price. I have given a 4 star rating because the nappies are very good and I have rated them on their own right rather than rate them down because I can buy better ones for cheaper, some people prefer a known brand, however in my view you are paying for the name.

D'Addario Planet Waves Electric Guitar Accessories Essentials Pack
D'Addario Planet Waves Electric Guitar Accessories Essentials Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 17 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is D'Addario/ Planet Waves' budget guitar accessory pack. It contains a pack of strings, a nylon strap, a clip-on tuner, a lead, a string winder/ cutter and some picks. It's really good value when you consider all you get for the price. The strap and lead are basic but they are not cheap junk that will fall apart straight away, they are of decent quality, I wouldn't use them for a gig ideally but you could in a pinch. The strings are good quality, not the brand I usually buy but of equivalent quality. The tuner is excellent, again quite basic but I love that it clips behind the headstock so you can just leave it there and it's not advertising its presence, the string winder/ cutter- extremely handy to have when changing strings, it will save a lot of time! The picks are really good as well, shiny plastic type, I usually buy nylon ones but these have a good feel to them and you get plenty of them in this pack.
Overall, much better value than the cheap rubbish some guitar shops sell to beginners, I recommend going for this and spending a little bit more, these items are very respectable and not likely to fall to bits in no time. This is their cheaper pack, they also do a 'Players Pack' which is similar but without the picks and with a leather strap instead of a woven nylon one.

D'Addario Planet Waves Electric Guitar Accessories Players Pack
D'Addario Planet Waves Electric Guitar Accessories Players Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value accessory pack, 17 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Players Pack contains 3 sets of D'Addario strings, a basic lead, a decent quality leather strap, a mini tuner and a string winder/ cutter. So far I have been most impressed bearing in mind the price. The strings are decent and are generally a matter of preference from one player to another, I always buy Ernie Ball but I have restrung a guitar with these and there is not much difference, these are perfectly usable for me and seem of a similar quality to Ernie Ball strings. The tuner is nice as it can be clipped discretely behind the headstock which is much better, in my opinion, than having a tuner sticking up off the end of your guitar. It doesn't work as well for bass but it does work pretty good still and is excellent for guitar. The lead is pretty basic but good for a spare or a beginner, perfectly usable but I wouldn't personally use it for a gig ideally. The string winder is very handy, I haven't tried the cutting function because I forgot it did this when I was changing the strings (!) but it is very handy. The leather strap is excellent for me, I used to have an older one but it was far too long on the shortest setting and I had to tinker with it to be able to use it, this one goes 'one shorter' than I need and is the perfect length for a 5'4" bass player, it will adjust a lot longer as well for taller players and is very nice quality thick leather with no buckles or anything to scratch your guitar or get caught on things, it will last years- really good.

I taught guitar for a long while and have seen some shockingly poor 'cheap' accessories which I hate to see as it's a waste of resources to manufacture junk, but Planet Waves/ D'Addario have nailed it with this pack, not as cheap as the cheapest rubbish but well worth the extra cost as each item is worth having and you will get some use from it. This is their better accessory pack, they do a cheaper one which is also good if you're on a tight budget.

Driving Test Success Practical Simulator (PC)
Driving Test Success Practical Simulator (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars good practice idea, 20 Dec 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This worked just about as well as could be expected and I am a bit believer in getting as much practice at every aspect of your driving test as possible. It's an unusual concept because they are attempting to replace things you do with your hands and feet with the mouse etc so it's obviously of limited use, but as I said I think any practice is better than nothing. It is not brilliant though and can be quite temperamental, it didn't work on my sister's PC at all and had to be restarted on mine several times during use.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 11 (PC)
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite 11 (PC)
Offered by Barcleys

4.0 out of 5 stars top notch, 20 Dec 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really love this software. I am not especially technically minded but I do find this program easy to use as it is fairly intuitive. I still find I have some problems such as rendering a movie to burn on DVD, the process takes a really long time if you want to reduce the size by changing the quality, the last attempt I made seemed as though it was going well but after several hours of processing it decided it couldn't be done! Bear in mind to keep your main hard drive reasonably freed up with plenty of available space or else you do run into problems.

Breville Extreme Steam VIN227 Steam Generator - 2,000 Watts
Breville Extreme Steam VIN227 Steam Generator - 2,000 Watts
Offered by Hughes Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not amazing., 20 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Overall this iron seems well made and well designed. It is easy to use, heats up quickly and it does what it's supposed to. At the end of the day though it really ought to out-perform or at least match my old steam generator (I've had it 3-4 years and it has similar spec) but it is nowhere near as good. The steam just doesn't seem to penetrate as well, such as double thicknesses having to be ironed on both sides like pillowcases, my old one would quickly remove all the creases with a blast of steam and go through both layers eliminating the need to iron both sides and considerably cutting down on ironing time. There seems little point in having a steam generator if it doesn't do this. One pass should be all it takes to un-crease a duvet cover or sheet but this one seems to only iron as well as a good steam iron I'm not sure why this but I have passed this along now and have gone back to my old one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12