Profile for David Gahan > Reviews

Bill Bailey Live: Dandelion Mind [DVD]
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Bill Bailey at his best, 8 Sep 2010
I saw this show in Lancaster it was the funniest stand-up show I have seen. After ad-libbing with the audience for over an hour thoroughout the show; he still did his material and it was fantastic. Mostly new jokes and look out for the self service check out till part, the whole audience was crying with laughter. 5* I found it much funnier than Part Troll (my previous favourite) and I think because Bill Bailey doesnt have to swear, like most modern comedians, to get adults crying with laughter then it is a massive achievement and so he deserves to be one of Britains finest comedians.

The Final Frontier
The Final Frontier
Price: 8.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Maiden in the 21st century, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Final Frontier (Audio CD)
If you are a true Maiden fan you will love this. I'm going to make this short but I will say I was worried when El Dorado came out as free mp3 download, it wasnt what I expected as I found it similar to other maiden songs. However The Final Frontier video made me realise why I am a Maiden a fan and so I had no doubt to buy the CD on its realise date in England. I have every Iron Maiden studio album so I believe my judgement will be quite accurate. Fans are saying that Maiden dont sound like how they used to be in the 80's but they have to change; dont they? Anyway heres the scores for each song.

Satellite 15.....The Final Frontier - Brilliant opener drums fills from Nicko make the start of this song brilliant and Maidens darkest 4 mins until it goes into 4 mins of Maidens signiture energy. 9/10

El Dorado - Possibly the weakest on the album, but you've all probably heard it, its nothing special but has its moments. 7/10

Mother Of Mercy - Doesnt sound like Maiden but who cares the guitar sounds great and the gallaping drums even if the chorus is slightly weak. 9/10

Coming Home - Like most on this album; it doesnt sound like Iron Maiden, you can here Bruces influence. Anyway this is one of my favourite songs on the album and it is very catchy. 10/10

The Alchemist - This does sound like Maiden from the beginning with duel guitar. This is quite catchy and possibly the fastest song on the album. 9/10

Isle Of Avalon - The start of the long songs start here, but is that a big problem, I expect it when I listen to maiden, although I do agree that the long songs should have been spread out. Good guitar solo and I like Nickos drum fills. 8/10

Starblind - This took some listens before I could totally appreciate the changes in the song and the difficulty, it is commendable though, the start of the guitar solo sounds like something which Tony Iommi would play. 8/10

The Talisman - This is a song where you listen to the lyrics more than the instruments. Another fast song after the slow intro, excellent galloping drums again. 10/10

The Man Who Would Be King - Intro super guitar and drums. Overall a really good song with an awesome guitar solo. 10/10

When The Wild Wind Blows - This is an EPIC song the 11 minutes go too fast with the brilliant guitar opener which, if they play live, the fans will be singing. Bruces singing is perfect on this song ranging from low to high without strain. Musically honourable, changing tempo and speed and this makes it, in my opinion, one of Maidens best songs ever and definatly the best on the album. 10/10

OVERALL 90/100

I have given this album a fair listen and made clear that I agree with the 21st century style that they have followed but Iron Maiden make it their own anyway. It is possibly Iron Maidens most musically advanced albums with the changes in the music. Buy this CD if you are a true maiden fan or even if your not; give it a listen !

A Matter of Life and Death
A Matter of Life and Death
Price: 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The most epic of Maiden albums, 18 April 2010
This album has everything, and although it took me a few listens at first, I can now say that this is a masterpiece. Now my first song which got me into Iron Maiden was fear of the dark and now that Ive heard this album most of the songs exceed fear of the dark by a long way. I have every Iron Maiden album and they do have songs which match the greatness of these on a matter of life and death, but this album is EPIC. The song lyrics are some of the best that Maiden have ever written, especially the longest day and my favourite song ever: For the Greater Good Of God which has great lyrics about religion and war. I cannot praise this album more, it is the greatest and my personal favourite along with brave new world, of Iron Maiden albums. Give it a few listens and youll see what I'm talking about. The album also has a more modern style like different world, so bear in mind it does have something for most music lovers. Buy it!

The Rocker [DVD] [2008]
The Rocker [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Rainn Wilson
Price: 5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as school of rock, 18 April 2010
This review is from: The Rocker [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
The film was suprisingly very funny all the way through. The only bad thing about this film is that the main Teddy Geiger band is not that great and the competition which is Versuvius; sounds alot better, which kind of reflects that of the main band in school of rock. Nevertheless, it was very entertaining and highly recommended to anyone who wants a good night in with a light hearted comedy.

Sting In The Tail
Sting In The Tail
Price: 7.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great way to end, 16 April 2010
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant, the songs are catchy and the ballads are as good as ever. Ive listened to this album about 7 times from start to end since I got it 2 days ago and I'm still not bored.
Raised on Rock - 10/10 this is an amazing opener for an album, great guitar riff which sounds very much like "rock you like a hurricane".
Sting in the tail - 8/10 title track and it sounds great.
Slave me - 8/10 one of the heaviest on the album.
The good die young - 9/10 another brilliant song one of my favourite songs on the album.
No Limit - 7/10 possibly the weakest track on the album but I'm giving it 7 because its still a good song this is the heaviest on the album.
Rock zone - 8/10 catchy song once I'd listened to it a couple of times.
Lorelei - 9/10 brilliant classic scorpions ballad song.
Turn you On - 10/10 absolute brilliant song, I think air guitar if they play this live.
Lets rock! - 8/10 this is really catchy after a few listens.
SLY - 9/10 Classic slow scorpions love song Klaus' voice is great on this.
Spirit of rock - 9/10 you can almost feel the album is coming to an end, a very uplifting song, quite heavy aswell but the lyrics "In the spirit of rock we never die" feels like a message scorpions are trying to put out.
The best is yet to come - 10/10 This is my favourite on the album the last and the end to the scorpions, it has everything, Catchy, great guitar and the best is the lyrics which I think are the best scorpions love lyrics, "through the highs and lows" it seems Scorpions can really put out a great song that can end their career with the best words "The Best Is Yet To Come" and I'm sure their tour is going to be the best.
This whole album deserves an overall 5* because it is Scorpions last and they will be remembered.