Profile for M D Johnson > Reviews

M D Johnson

From The Sea To The Land Beyond
From The Sea To The Land Beyond

5.0 out of 5 stars Very glad I bought this..., 12 May 2014
I'd seen the documentary on TV some while back, and was struck by how beautiful the music was. i was really pleased to discover it was available as a CD, the actual documentary on DVD accompanying it made it even more appealing.
The music is every bit as good as I remembered it being. Lovely flowing rhythms and beat makes it perfect to drive to, or relax.
Don't know a great deal about British Sea Power but this album strikes me as being by a band who have found their feet, and know how to make a consistently great sound; I've listened to it four or five times, and they don't put a foot wrong.
In parts, it's redolent of Camel or Focus but they definitely have their own sound. For me, it's an instant classic.
More power to their elbows..

Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised French Skillet Frying Pan - 20 cm
Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised French Skillet Frying Pan - 20 cm
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job..., 28 Jan 2014
I bought this pan after watching an episode of the 'Hairy Bikers'. They made a version of a Tarte Tatin using a frying pan that can also be used in the oven.
This is perfect for the job, it's very sturdy and has a good non stick coating. Do mind the handle when you get it out of the oven; it is solid cast stainless, and gets very hot. Oven gloves required..
I can also recommend their recipe. Very simple, very tasty.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I would call Moleskin..., 28 Jan 2014
I ordered these hoping that they would be, as described, German Army Moleskin trousers. Sadly, they are not. I would describe them as being heavy weight cargo pants. They do not have the weight, thickness or the dense, soft texture that goes with the description "Moleskin".
When I asked to return the pair I had been sent, the seller tried to insist that they were Moleskin but, after I pointed out that I'd previously had genuine German Army examples, and these were nothing like them, agreed that they were not actually the same.
I still had to pay the return postage which, considering they were not what they were sold as, I thought was a bad deal.

I have since bought a pair of very good Moleskin's made by 'Hoggs of Fife', and would recommend them.

Nexxus 700mAh Li-ion Battery for Nokia 3310/3410/3510/6800
Nexxus 700mAh Li-ion Battery for Nokia 3310/3410/3510/6800
Offered by Mobitz

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much improvement, 2 Jan 2014
Ordered this to help keep my Nokia 3410 going. Very disappointed; hardly any improvement on the battery charge life from the old, tired out, original Nokia battery ( in use since 2003...) This either says something about the quality of the original, or about the lack of it in the new one. Make your own minds up...