Profile for stoveboy78 > Reviews

Paolo Di Canio: The Autobiography
Paolo Di Canio: The Autobiography
by Gabriele Marcotti

2.0 out of 5 stars I love me and like only me, 21 Nov. 2012
I initially liked this book, refreshing and honest also for a footballer he comes over as quite sharp, probabaly why he is managing now. However by chapter 3 you get the drift, Paolo has never been wrong ever, end of. Also he has always been involved in some kind of fantasy about how much he contributed to the clubs he played for.When you have fallen out with every chairman and manager of every club youve been a part of surely you or your wife would at least say hey maybe its you me old china. I admired him for saying I never played for Italy because I wasnt good enough and covers this in about two sentences with no excuces you have to admire that, Take note all English and Scottish internationals.
Because of this alone this book is actually boring and I really wanted to like the book and Paolo but unfortunatly he ends up turning you off. As a Celtic fan I learnt that everything the club said about him was indeed true, only not in his eyes.
Save your money nad your time.

French
French
by Damien Pignolet

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Stuff, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: French (Hardcover)
A truly great cookbook, the passion and dishes sing off the pages, nothing you have not heard of before but have you made it like this before?
Must buy for any Francophile. *****

Sons And Fascination/Sister Feelings Call
Sons And Fascination/Sister Feelings Call

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this gem, 16 Nov. 2012
This album is from the year of my birth, so I was not there at the begining of their career. For people my age they are viewed as a bunch of money grabbing sell out mother......
However this album still gives me tingles, had to go through all my mates slagging me off when thery were listening to guns and roses, im still listening to this gem,

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great t shirt, 13 Nov. 2012
I love this t shirt and totally disagree with the other review. The print is great and I always get lots of comments on it.

La Pavoni Europiccola Lever Espresso Machine, Black Base
La Pavoni Europiccola Lever Espresso Machine, Black Base
Offered by La Gondola

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply brilliant, 4 Nov. 2012
Make no mistake these are not cheap also it takes a while to learn how to use them, however when you do it is better and cheaper than any coffee house experience.
We bought one two years ago and couldn't life without it now. 1st thing in the morning with a latte and then a machiato in the afternoon.

As well as this it looks great in the kitchen almost prehistoric looking. You do have to take care of it, cleaning wise it is good to descale and clean the attachments with real care at least fortnightly.
I cannot recommend the Pavoni enough.

In Search of Robert Millar: Unravelling the Mystery Surrounding Britain's Most Successful Tour de France Cyclist
by Richard Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Aug. 2012
A fine bio of one of the most misunderstood riders of his generation along with Fignon, I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this story. He achieved more than many. Of course now surpassed by Wiggins but still a true original. I know things have been strange to say the least for Millar since retirement but with this novel more questions are answers than unanswered. A real must for all cycling fans

Born to Ride: The Autobiography of Stephen Roche
Born to Ride: The Autobiography of Stephen Roche
by Stephen Roche

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 17 July 2012
I bought this book because I am a massive cycling fan and keen cyclist. Now granted I am not an admirer of Roche firstly my first tour was 1989 so I don't really have a grasp on how amazing a year 87 must of been for those who actually saw the events unfold. What amazed me the most about this book is the lack of a personal journey the man seems to have had, he comes across as harsh, abrasive and in his minds eye never wrong, His toughness on his son is very telling, Im sure young Roche has enough Daddy issues as it is being in the same line of work but destined never to achieve as much but to put your own son down in writing was shoddy to say the least. Makes you wonder what he would rather have you not knowing about him.

Unlike the Riis and Fignon biographies where you actually came out with a far better perspective and understanding of cyclists who were not overly popular in their day I was left feeling no better towards Roche.

As for all the doping this will follow Roche until he dies, my harsh opinion is he probably did know about doping how could he not, its like top bankers saying I had no idea this was going on, we are talking about elite operators here, people at the roof of their professions and as a team leader of course he knew. Did he do it? We will never know and he will never tell.

He come across as very ungenerous.

La Potiniere and friends
La Potiniere and friends
by David Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 2 Nov. 2011
This a wonderful book from a well known 80s and 90s chef in scotland, The recipes are really clear and easy to follow. I used this book all last summer cooking for a family in France and they loved the food. It is a little heavy on cream and times and tastes may have changed in the last 20 years but all in all it well worth a read.

Chef's Secrets: Mastering the Art of Good Food
Chef's Secrets: Mastering the Art of Good Food
by Steven Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Raymond Blanc, 5 Oct. 2011
This was one of the first chefs books I bought back in the nineties. Although now the food looks a little old fashioned the recipes are spot on and and very inviting. As for all the people giving this book a poor review this is your fault not Steven Saunders, would you not agree, as it says chefs secrets by Steven Saunders not Raymond Blanc?

Late Night John
Late Night John
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 2 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Late Night John (Audio CD)
Look lets be honest everybody has there own favourite John Martyn tracks but the truth is anything done between 1967 and 1980 is worth listening to. I have this CD in the car great to listen too, know all the songs inside out and love them all. Stop grumbling about layout and format its the music not the order its put on the album in please.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5