Profile for O. Pinnock > Reviews

SP Small Storage Case for GoPro Cameras - Blue
SP Small Storage Case for GoPro Cameras - Blue
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug but perfect for travelling light, 27 Nov. 2013
I ordered this as I was going to be hiking and biking in Ecuador for 10 days. I wanted something that was small, compact and pretty rugged to hold my GoPro Black edition. This worked out perfectly, it enabled me to carry the remote, go pro, spare memory, spare battery and cables in complete security.

Epson Stylus Photo R2880 A3 Photo Printer
Epson Stylus Photo R2880 A3 Photo Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Seriously accurate printing, 25 May 2010
Until now I've always sent my enlargements off to be printed. I had the Epson Picturemate for small stuff but even that was ridiculously expensive when you consider the £20 a time consumable costs. In the last few years I've taken my photography quite seriously and outsourcing enlargements upto A3 was becoming cost prohibitive so I took the plunge and bought the R2880 and I'm so glad I did!

Yes, the same niggles that people have reported still exist - the rear manual feed is a bit picky, it is massive and does indeed eat into desktop real estate - but I can live with those things. I am much more concerned with the output and it doesn't disappoint in any way. Printing on 310gsm fine art paper resulted in beautiful warm colours and 280gsm Satin gave me the soft sharp sheen for portraits. As for colour management, well I have a calibrated monitor and use Photoshop to decide on what colour information is sent to the printer, I was able to create output that was near as damn it the same as the screen using only Epson standard profiles.

Epson Ink is expensive for a full set, but if you are printing less that 6 A4 a week you probably won't find any benefit in overall costs by jumping to a CIS system. However if you are regularly doing enlargements and working with various media then a CIS system is probably the way forward.

Printing is still perhaps a bit of a dark art, but if you do your research into how ICC profiles affect the way and the amount of ink that is put onto the page (even if you don't fully understand it), you should have no problem in creating beautiful output.

Overall I can't fault what epson have created for the money, a gallery quality printer at an affordable price. I'd happily recommend this printer.