Profile for Spanish Johnny > Reviews

ASUS Xonar Essence STX - sound card
ASUS Xonar Essence STX - sound card
Offered by AV-ELECTRONIX GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly Good Sound, 14 Aug. 2013
Absolutely amazing product which has allowed me to hear my music collection in a completely new light. I easily installed it on my Windows 8 machine, downloaded the latest drivers, selected headphones on the software and I was away. It must have taken me a maximum of five minutes. I use this card with Sennheiser HD 650s and I can't flaw it in the slightest. Ok the software could look better but who judges a product on the look of its software when it is a device aimed at improving sound. Truly amazing. I simply can't speak highly enough of it.

KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional COMPACT FLASH CARD CF 600X 90MB/s Extreme Speed UDMA 6 RAW 32 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 8 May 2013
Using this in a 1D Mark IV and so far (two months) I can see no difference in performance from my Sandisk Extreme at roughly a third of the price!. Very happy with this product. Speedy delivery too.

AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable 9.8 Feet / 3.0 m
AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable 9.8 Feet / 3.0 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly for PS3 / Xbox into Monitor, 20 July 2012
I purchased this cable to link my new Xbox 360s into my Acer 1080p HD Monitor. I needed this rather than hdmi because my monitor's hdmi port was being used by my PS3. Xbox actually looks better through this than hdmi because it recognises dvi and changes its settings to suit. If you have hdmi and dvi options choose hdmi for ps3 and dvi for Xbox 360.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2012 7:59 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Basics HDMI Cable, 20 July 2012
As always with HDMI cables there is no difference between a Monster £80 cable and this £5 cable. This cable is excellent. It's rubust and will put up with numerous unplugings. 2m is a long distance when you unwind it so it will connect most devices together without strain. It has very subtle Amazon Basics logos on the main plugs which are protected by plastic covers to stop dust. I have tried it with a PS3, Xbox 360s and Acer Monitor and fits perfectly into them all and looks very neat as these are also black. 10/10

Labgear HDM 1.5FE HDMI High Speed Flat Cable with Ethernet Supporting 3D and 1080p (1.5 Metre) - Gold

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Picture but Impractical, 22 Jan. 2012
This product does exactly what it says Full HD 1080p 3D and all the other stuff it says it does. However it is very impractical. The cable can only bend up and down not side to side which makes it very hard to use. I have a Samsung TV which has HDMI ports down the side and the cable sticks out of the side due to it not being able to bend sideways. This cable only really works if your HDMI ports are directly above each other and are the same way up.
Diagrams: Only works if your ports are like this: [::::::::::]
[::::::::::]
Not like this:
[] [::::::::::]
[]

I would not buy this product again. :-(

Home Alone / Home Alone 2 - Lost In New York [1990] [DVD]
Home Alone / Home Alone 2 - Lost In New York [1990] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Macaulay Culkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Alone 1 & 2 Box Set, 21 Dec. 2011
I recently purchased this set because I love the films and wanted a funny family film my family and I could watch on Xmas day. I have seen some reviews talking of bad quality but i can assure you that the quality is very good. Of course it is not blu-ray quality but is not VCR quality either. Its the same quality as any other DVD. Even if you think the quality is bad (which its not) the films are nineties so if you are disappointed what do you expect. If you want the highest quality I really recommend you buy the blu-ray set.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Victorinox Huntman (Blue), 13 Sept. 2011
This pocket knife is an excellent all rounder. The blades are so sharp you can cut your finger just by stroking them. The wood saw may be small but is very mighty. It will easily cut through a piece of wood an inch wide. One of the bast features of this knife is the can opener which works unexpectedly well. The whole knife fells well made and it's not your everyday made in china rubbish. This knife was designed, built and manufactured in Switzerland which is clearly a good sign. Overall this knife is a brilliant multitool which I would recommend to any scout, hiker or general outdoors enthusiast.

Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch Laptop (Intel Core i5 Dual Core 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Up to 7 hrs battery life) - Launched February 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Advance Notebook, 21 April 2011
The new MacBook Pro really is something on its own and of corse being apple they have cut no corners. Lets start with the beautiful aluminium uni-body enclosure. This single slab of aluminium holds the entire notebook together and this is really something apple should be proud of, unlike the macbook which is made from many parts of plastic the macbook pro is made from just two pieces of aluminium. One is for the monitor and one for the body.

The screen is something on its own and is one of the highest resolution screens on the market. If you are a professional photographer i would strongly recommend you buy either a 27inch iMac if you stay at home or a 17inch MacBook Pro if you are on the go. I say this because looking at pictures on any Mac's screen is sensational and unbelievable. The millions of colours. The thousands of pixels.

Next i move on to the revolutionary Mac OS X operating system which every mac uses. It has over fifty applications and they are all top of the range in their own way. Just one of these applications is itunes which has been a revelation again and again and again. This incredible software lets you do everything you would on windows but i have to say it does them ten times better.

The magic built in trackpad is a piece of thin aluminium that tracks where your fingers move. There are also inbuilt functions that you use by swiping, pinching and prodding with various numbers of fingers.

I would advise if you are going to buy one of these to buy the L'Acrobe Sleeve which features on the results page when you type in macbook pro. This sleeves ensures the aluminium is not scratched when you are carrying it around.

Overall this is a stunning notebook and i would strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new laptop / notebook. I hope this review has been helpful.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider)
Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

4.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointing End, 19 April 2011
I have been a massive fan of the alex rider series when it started ten years ago but am quite disappointed in the way Mr Horowitz has ended this book. I have read this book in a day and even though i was hooked it seemed a shame to end the series in such a low way. I do not wish to spoil the plot but i must tell that this book is a tragic one. Jack Starbright is killed and i must say i thought it wasn't like Mr Horowitz to end the series with Alex flying off in a plane to San Francisco. The book starts brilliantly but i think its just two complicated bringing in Julius Grief who has been resurrected from Point Blanc. When i was nearing the end of the book i was questioning myself "would there be enough pages left to complete the plot in a classic Horowitz fashion. You may be asking yourself why i have given the book four stars. I have done so because of the detail and suspense that the books have bought to many of us and i must say this is no exception. I'd have loved to put five stars but i couldn't because some of the things that have come out of the book just are unbelievable i am not going to spoil it for new readers but you will no what i mean when i say unbelievable. Smithers and his suit. Alex Rider killing. Jack being killed so brutally.