Profile for Nadia > Reviews

Content by Nadia

Nadia

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Big Feet PJs Black Plaid 100% Cotton Flannel Adult Footed Pyjamas (XL)
Big Feet PJs Black Plaid 100% Cotton Flannel Adult Footed Pyjamas (XL)
Offered by Findmeagift

2.0 out of 5 stars I was very disappointed with this, 7 Feb. 2015
I was very disappointed with this. It is usable, but only just. I ordered it as I've had a hard time finding onesies long enough in the body. I thought the measurments provided plus the face it was supposed to be suitable for a six foot four man meant it would probably fit me with room to spare, as I'm a five foot seven woman. I was wrong. In spite of being smaller than the stated size, the buttons gape at my hip and chest level, the entire body is a bit tight and still trying to crawl up places garments shouldn't crawl. On top of that, the garment feels pretty cheap at the feet and ankles, which are separated by itchy, tight elastic.

I gave a second star as the cotton feels ok, though certainly won't keep you warm as air is passing through it like wind through branches. The cuffs on the sleeves are comfortable.

If you're looking for a longer line or an alternative to horrible microfleece to keep you warmth, look elsewhere.

Play Dead (Allie Babcock Mystery Book 1)
Play Dead (Allie Babcock Mystery Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars I like dogs too much to read this, 22 Oct. 2014
I was so excited when I discovered this series: murder mystery and canine companions, what a great combination. But within moments you're confronted with the tired, dated and scientifically unsound pack leader bilge that permeates so many dog related writings. It's nonsense, it's based on flawed logic and flawed studies of unnatural environments, and I hate being disappointed when a fun sounding fictional idea becomes just another platform for clueless "trainers" to spout their inane and ridiculous theories at an unsuspecting audience.

101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog: Step-by-step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated Methods., 26 Aug. 2014
My first impression of this book was that it was probably dated. The photos had a very '90s feel and the training methods were a little cockeyed. I was surprised when I saw the publication date as 2007. Notions such as physical control, lead correcting and pack leadership come in as early as teaching your dog to sit, and this sort of training just doesn't sit well given the huge amount of research and data that has been produced explaining why it is fundamentally flawed.

Kyra Sundance is unquestionably successful and the methods described do work, but something working doesn't necessarily make it the right option. A succinct review of some of the work done to challenge these dated methods can be found in Dominance in Dogs: Fact or Fiction by Barry Eaton.

Having spent a lot of time training and studying canine behaviour, I couldn't bring myself to rate this book with more than two stars. The two stars reflect the volume of information and accessible format. If I were to recommend this book though, it would be hesitantly and with the advice that it would be best to ignore the physical manipulation portions and to gloss over the authors opinions on reinforcing your pack leadership.

Honestly, if you want to teach your dog in a positive way that reinforces a bond of mutual respect and friendship, I would recommend avoiding this book and instead buying Jennifer Scott's Positive Reinforcement Training Series, specifically book 3: Totally Positive Dog Tricks, Games & Exercise.

Halti Training Lead BLACK small
Halti Training Lead BLACK small

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 3 Aug. 2014
The best lead I have ever used, and I've used oh so very many now. Either (or both) ends can be attached to the dogs collar, leaving you a choice of folding the lead or clipping one of the clips to a ring to make a handle, allowing you to vary the length. One clip is also bigger than the other which has been great for changing ends to walk a little pup who was comfortable with less weight and an adult dog who was comfortable with more. Can also be used to walk two dogs at once and works superbly for this function. Highly recommended.

Reflective all-elastic Cat Collar Pink
Reflective all-elastic Cat Collar Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and easy to see. When it stays on the cat, anyway., 3 Aug. 2014
Nice quality and very visible. As with all collars my cat lost it in no time, though.

DOG LITTER BOX BY THE RASCAL DOG LITTER BOX COMPANY. AS SEEN ON DRAGON'S DEN .......
Offered by RASCAL DOG LITTER BOX

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice invention., 3 Aug. 2014
It's a cool idea and I raised a few pups learning to use it, though it's not big enough for anything bigger than a pap/Yorkie sort of size when the dogs are older. I have cavs and if they squat in it now (I've had to remove it!) they tend to drop their business over the side whilst keeping their feet comfy on the grassy part! Had some success teaching one of them to back up to it, but as they're house trained and go outside anyway I decided it wasn't worth persevering with. Would be great for those with dinky dogs though, or apartment dwellers with patience to help their larger dog learn the right position for them!

Nylabone Puppy Teething Rings
Nylabone Puppy Teething Rings

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, durable., 3 Aug. 2014
Tough and durable, a favourite toy in my home for all three of my younger dogs (from six months to two years). Has survived being chewed, tugged and thrown around without dents or complaints.

Rosewood Stainless Steel Bowl Non-Slip, 6-inch
Rosewood Stainless Steel Bowl Non-Slip, 6-inch

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little bowls., 3 Aug. 2014
They are lovely, neat little bowls. The only down side is the rubber grip occasionally slips off and it's a real pain to get back on again. Also for spaniel owners: might help keep fully grown or big cavaliers/clockers keep their ears out of their food, though my small cavs still seem to play ear dip with these a lot. Maybe they're just saving it for later.

Kong Bounzer,Medium
Kong Bounzer,Medium
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems usual Kong quality., 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Kong Bounzer,Medium (Misc.)
My dogs don't seem very into this as a toy but it's very well made and does indeed "bounze." Would recommend for dogs that enjoy throw and fetch games more than mine do.

(BTM)30*18.9*31.5(inch) Adjustable Portable Mobile Folding Dog Cat Pet Grooming Table Power Coated Steel Frame and Legs with Arm Noose Professional foldable
Offered by great-deal-forever

5.0 out of 5 stars Used regularly!, 3 Aug. 2014
I bought this for about £50 and it was an absolute bargain. The height and arm encourage the dogs to stand reasonably still, the table is big enough to fit most small to medium breeds and it's sturdy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7