Profile for Debbie C > Reviews

Debbie C (England)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Sept. 2007
As soon as I started this book, I couldn't put it down. I couldn't believe that Gayle had actually gone through all what she had from a small child through to a young adult. It had me in tears many times throughout the book. Even though she had tried to commit suicide on numerous occasions, she managed to come through it all with the utmost courage all without turning to alcohol and drugs that probably most people would have done having gone through what she had. I am just so happy that she found love at the end. A truly wonderful and courageous woman, an inspiration to us all.

Hope
Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 10/10, 8 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Hope (Paperback)
As all of Lesley's books, I was hooked right from the first page of this. This is the last of all her books I have read and like "Remember Me", "Never Look Back" and "Trust Me" this is amongst my favourites. As with all her books, you get really engrossed in each of the characters. I was just sad when I came to the end of it.

Tara
Tara

5.0 out of 5 stars Tara, 16 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I just did not want this book to end. I was totally gripped from the first page. It tells the story of a young girl, Tara, who's mother and brother are brutalised by her father and then follows her journey through all the emotions you can think of. Like all Lesley's books, you just seem to get so involved with the characters, especially Harry Collins, just read the book and you will know what I mean!!

Never Look Back
Never Look Back

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Look Back by Lesley Pearse, 26 Sept. 2006
What can I say, absolutely brilliant! After reading "Remember Me", I never thought another book would be in the same league as that one, but this is just as good. I was totally hooked from the first page to the last one. In some parts I cried as it was so sad that Matilda lost so many loved ones during her journey. I would thoroughly recommend this book, as I would have given it at least 10 stars!!!

Secrets
Secrets

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets, 8 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Secrets (Mass Market Paperback)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and went through all the emotions throughout. Like all other Lesley Pearse's books, it was really hard to put down when I had started it.

Charlie
Charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 5 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Charlie (Mass Market Paperback)
Again, another book brilliantly written by Lesley Pearse. She certainly knows how to keep your nose in her books!!!

Charity
Charity

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 5 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
This book had me engrossed from the start, it was so hard to put down at times. I really felt for Charity, from the start of the book, she went through so much and all the time she never once stopped loving her brothers and sister. I cried at some parts, especially when she had to give up her baby for adoption, but she did that because of the love she had for him. A well written book from start to finish. I am going to read "Secrets" next and I've read from the reviews that this book is just as good as all the others. I haven't read one of Ms Pearce's books yet which has disappointed me.

Ellie
Ellie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
Another brilliant book written by Lesley Pearse. The story interacts with "Camellia", which I read before reading this book and I would recommend reading "Camellia" first as this story tells of the characters when they were younger.

Like all of Ms Pearse's other novels, you get really involved, especially during the wartimes. Looking forward to reading many more of her books.

Camellia
Camellia

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 27 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Camellia (Paperback)
This was another of Lesley's books that I found really hard to put down once I had started it, I read it in 3 days. Absolutely brilliant....

Till We Meet Again
Till We Meet Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Aug. 2006
I read this book after reading "Trust Me" and though I felt I wasn't really involved after reading the last book, I did thoroughly enjoy it, so much I read it in 2 days as again like all the other books by Lesley that I've read, I found it hard to put down.

It tells the story of two childhood friends, Beth and Suzie, who meet up again in adulthood, Beth being a lawyer finding herself representing Suzie, I won't say anything else you can find out for yourself and read the book, you won't be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2