Profile for Matt Langford > Reviews

Five Ghosts Volume 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray TP
Five Ghosts Volume 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray TP
by Frank J Barbiere

5.0 out of 5 stars Frighteningly enjoyable read!, 21 Jan. 2014
Superb story and lovely artwork. Anyone looking for a slightly more mature graphic novel than the norm, this is a great one to go for. The introduction to the life of Fabien Gray is highly enjoyable. I read it and immediately went and picked up the comics no's 6,7 & 8 that follow on. Another one to add to the monthly pull list!

Saga Volume 1 (Saga (Comic Series))
Saga Volume 1 (Saga (Comic Series))
by Brian K Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 31 Oct. 2013
Wow! That's what you'll be saying when you put this down after finishing it! Absolutely brilliant story, great characters, and it flows very smoothly. I won't go into the plot as others have already spilled enough beans on what it's about. I'll just say this. If you're an adult and you're into comics, then like me you're probably searching for mature titles that offer a more adult storyline. Look no further. Saga ticks every box and looks like it's going to be a fantastic series.

The only downside for me is that I left book 2 at home and I'm stuck on a train. Why didn't I bring it?!

Superman Red Son TP
Superman Red Son TP
by Mark Millar

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Superman Red Son TP (Paperback)
Fantastic 'what if?' story from Mark Millar. We're all know the origin story of Superman inside out. It's ingrained in our memories from comic books to movies. So to see that origin story turned on its head is a breath of fresh air. The story is excellent and really gathers pace, particularly in the final chapters.

I really don't want to give anything away or spoil the read so all I'll say is if you have the remotest interest in Superman and you want a great story to get lost in for a couple of hours, look no further. The script is top notch as you would expect from Millar and the artwork is beautiful stuff indeed.

I highly recommend this book.