Profile for Donut > Reviews

Donut (Cheshire, UK)

LG 22LH2000 22-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview - Black
LG 22LH2000 22-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 4 Jan 2010
Got this for our bedroom. Fits nice, looks good, but although it has built-in freeview it doesn't seem to have an EPG - which is quite disappointing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2010 2:10 PM GMT

Sony BRAVIA KDL37S5500U 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview
Sony BRAVIA KDL37S5500U 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 4 Jan 2010
Purchased this to replace a 32" Bravia that I had problems with. Nice TV but I have a few gripes. The first is that it has 300 x 300mm wall mounting holes so was incompatible with the wall bracket which I already had (200 x 200 max). It would be useful if the technical information specified what VESA wall mount fittings it has. The second is that so far the potentially very useful feature of the USB connection for connecting to cameras and music systems has so far underwhelmed me. It does not seem able to see into any subfolders, e.g. the SD card in my digital picture viewer. Thirdly, the plastic trim around the screen is a bit flimsly and lets it down in terms of quality of build. Also, the price has dropped in the 2 weeks since I bought it. Doh!

Ozbozz My First Scooter
Ozbozz My First Scooter

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and versatile, 24 Nov 2009
This review is from: Ozbozz My First Scooter (Toy)
My wife purchased this scooter for our little boy's 2nd birthday. He loves it! It goes from 4 wheels to 3 to 2 so will last him for a few years yet. It very well built and is easy to assemble. Just make sure to hang onto the spare bits for changing the wheel configuration. I've put them back in the box and put it in the loft.

The Rough Guide to Andalucia - Edition 5
The Rough Guide to Andalucia - Edition 5
by Geoff Garvey

3.0 out of 5 stars A very one-dimensional rough guide!, 6 Sep 2007
I can only comment on the section on Almeria region, an area which I have been to a number of times and which I am starting to explore more. I bought this guide to help me find out more and was pleased with the level of information on history, architecture, etc. However I was disappointed with the way the author dismisses so many places because they do not meet what appear to be his lofty criteria of 'old and untouched Spain'. Spain is rapidly changing and development is reaching into even remote areas. This should be accepted and dealt with more maturely.

The target demographic appears to be 'culture vultures' and backpakers. I have been on backpacking holidays but now, as someone on a family holiday, based in a coastal resort but also wanting interesting places to visit, I am interested in more than an endless list of hostel addresses and telephone numbers or how expensive or inexpensive individual selected restaurants are. I would prefer more general information on the towns, villages, parks, etc rather than what sometimes seems like a telephone directory. The book appears to cater little for parents who want information on child friendly excursions, etc. Not everyone wants a 6km walk to a nice beach in August when it is perfectly possible to get there by a less extreme route.

Would be better if it was more inclusive.