ARRAY(0xad2bbc6c)

Profile for DirtyBearIOW > Reviews

Content by DirtyBearIOW

DirtyBearIOW "CJ" (Isle of Wight, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ben Sherman Men's Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Brown PU Strap BS037
Offered by H & A (LONDON)
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 12 Jan 2014
A very nice looking watch. Much better in 'real life' than the picture. The strap is soft and comfortable, the face easy to read, and it looks far more expensive than it costs. Unlike the other customer I've never had any problem with Ben Sherman watch straps, and I own 4 other ones. This could be down to pure good luck on my part, or bad luck on his. I would say though that In my opinion the Ben Sherman watches in this price bracket are the best value for money for watches on Amazon, and being somewhat of a watch collector, I have a fair few.

chinkyboo Caltrad Fashion Womens Ladies Alphabet Pattern Leggings Tights Pants
chinkyboo Caltrad Fashion Womens Ladies Alphabet Pattern Leggings Tights Pants
Offered by chinkyboo-CALTRAD
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value, 31 Dec 2013
I ordered these for my wife (along with the newsprint black and white ones) and she loves both pairs. There was an initial problem with the seller as a wrong item was sent, but they were only too pleased to rectify it and send the correct item very quickly. If only all sellers were like this... The quality of the leggings seems to be very good and my wife thinks they are pretty funky and very comfortable. Recommended.

Camper Van Money Box (Color May Vary)
Camper Van Money Box (Color May Vary)
Offered by Midco Toys Ltd
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute, 22 Oct 2013
Really nice product. I got 4. They are in random colours and you don't know what you are going to get, and I actually got one of each. My wife loves them and is using them as ornaments. She likes the yellow one the most (it's not orange), but I like the green one.

They are fairly small, but if you plan to put 1 or 2 coins in you'll certainly have quite a bit by the time they are full. Add to that, they have a plastic bung in them so you don't have to smash them.

They are more accurately described as blue, yellow, green and red. At least the 4 I got were those colours.

Lovely.

Snyder's Jalapeno Pretzel Pieces 125g - 10 pack
Snyder's Jalapeno Pretzel Pieces 125g - 10 pack
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS
Price: 9.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Painful!! But oh so good!, 11 Mar 2013
These snacks are so painful to eat! Make sure you have a pint glass of water ready if you buy some.

They hurt so much, but you cannot help but shovel some more into your mouth. They are lovely.... but please don't eat them if you don't like hot, spicy food.

If you do.... I really really advise you to try these if you haven't already.

I first got some in a pub (the packets were much smaller there and very expensive), and the barman asked me if I'd had them before. I said no, and he just stood back and watched as I ate them. Maybe it's down to the fact I was on my 4th pint of extra strong cider, but it didn't hit me until the end of the packet, and he just smiled and said "Painful, but *****y lovely, no?". I agreed heartily, and have since been trying to get them. Amazon is the only place I have seen them.

The sellers, South African Foods, are also very reliable and quick.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 12:49 AM BST

Ipod Classic executive wallet case cover for 80GB 120GB 160GB PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality. Great Value. What more could you want?, 11 Mar 2013
The case is really good quality, and does exactly what it's supposed to. Very well. The iPod is snug as a bug in a rug as my parents used to say (or maybe I dreamt that!). It not only protects the iPod, but it's easy to get into, and the iPod is easy to use while still in it, and it's secure, quirky and not run of the mill like most of the flip top covers.

Quite what some people here are moaning about I don't know. I don't know what they expect for 5 or 6 quid, as this is a very good product and I heartily recommend it.

Sari Notebook Medium 110 x 160mm - Purple
Sari Notebook Medium 110 x 160mm - Purple
Offered by Paper High
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - The picture doesn't do it justice, 6 Mar 2013
I got this for my wife, and she loves it. The paper inside is recycled and has that rough feel, but that adds to the authenticity of the whole thing. The cover is beautiful and very well-made.

A bargain.

Europa Notemaker Book Sidebound Ruled 80gsm 120 Pages A5 Assorted A - Ref 4850 (Pack 10)
Price: 16.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Got them from 3WM - Not as shown in the picture, 6 Mar 2013
The pads themselves are of a high standard, and the perforations down the left hand side are really useful if you need to rip a page out, as the pad retains it's integrity.

I didn't like the fact that my pack of 10 didn't have 10 different coloured pads in it, just a random mixture of 3 or 4 of the colours, hence my 3 stars overall, so beware if you buy via this (more expensive than the cheapest)option.

EDITED to 1 star, as 3wm at first offered to replace them, and then said I could buy ANOTHER set of 10 pads "at a discounted price". I feel this is totally misleading, especially as when I purchased them, there was no mention of 2 separate sets, and even now it only says "Assortment A consists of two each of dark blue r", which looks like someone fell asleep halfway through typing it in.

Shoddy in the extreme.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2013 11:52 PM BST

Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)
Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)
by Laini Taylor
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful - And not just for 'young adults'!, 25 Feb 2013
What a wonderful, beautiful, heartbreaking, surprising book this was!

This follow-up to the 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' is a different beast altogether from it's magnificent predecessor, but please do not let that put you off. To those few who don't like this book because it's 'different' from the first I say this... just keep reading the first over and over then!

This book continues the stories of Karou and Akiva (and Zuzana and Mik to a lesser, but just as poignant extent), but it doesn't just hold the status quo, it really pushes the story forward into more dramatic, and yes, darker realms. None of it is forced, it all seems quite natural, and much of the darkness that some readers don't like is borne out of issues that began in the first book. To not expect something like this is foolish, in this reviewer's humble opinion, and does Laini Taylor a disservice in expecting her to tread water and regurgitate the first book a second time.

I don't want to give anything away, but have to say I loved it. I loved meeting the peripheral characters from the first book, I loved Taylor's beautiful writing, I loved the way that I was constantly surprised by events (this doesn't happen often for me in books or movies) and I loved the way every character played their part.

In fact the only thing I didn't like was finishing it, knowing I had a long time to wait until the third volume.

If you like Pullman's 'Dark Materials' trilogy, if you like Martin's 'Game of Thrones' books, if you like Harry Potter, if you like Pan's Labyrinth, if you like LITERATURE or ART or FANTASY or just damn good storytelling.... please please PLEASE do yourself a favour, young or old and read these books. :-)

Ladies Long Sleeve Baseball T-shirt
Ladies Long Sleeve Baseball T-shirt

1.0 out of 5 stars Very misleading, 6 Dec 2012
I ordered the Stone/Khaki baseball shirt for my wife and received a brown/beige one that doesn't match any of the pictured options. I contacted the seller, who basically called me a liar and said they didn't do that colour and my PC monitor must be faulty!

I have sent them a photo of the shirt, together with a picture of the model pictured on Amazon. Just to show them I'm not a liar.

I won't hold my breath.

Beware this seller.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Loses shape and size after one wash, 18 Nov 2012
On first wearing I thought it was a nice shirt, very comfortable fruit of the loom. It's a tad thin, but okay.

Ofter one wash (following the instructions) the shirt has shrunk, and is totally mis-shapen and unwearable.

Awful. Avoid.