Profile for BarbaraLyn > Reviews

Content by BarbaraLyn

BarbaraLyn "Jackie of all Trades" (O'Fallon, MO USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ivation FP10 Secure Star Home Safe - 13.75" x 10" x 10" Digital Safe w/Biometric Fingerprint Reader, PIN Code & Manual Key
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I have just proved I would make a very poor safe cracker, 30 Jun. 2016
I have just proved I would make a very poor safe cracker. It took me almost five minutes and reading the instructions three times to figure out where the manual key lock was located. Yes, I could see the graphic which plainly showed where the key lock was but I couldn’t figure out how to remove the cover. The manual that comes with this safe is very clear. It was me who was being a bit slow.

Once I got over that bit of silliness, I was able to walk right though opening the safe with the manual key. Once inside, I found where to put the four AA batteries which came with the safe. I could even shut the door and open it again using the pre-programmed code. I understood how to reset the safe and program my own code. And if you would rather, the safe can be set to open with a fingerprint. This safe just has all the latest technology.

It is 13.75" x 10" x 10" in size and has a shelf in it so you have two sections to put things. There was an external battery box but neither hubby or I could see where that might attach. There are also two manual keys and three heavy duty bolts so you can permanently install the safe.

If you are looking for a small safe to keep your small items or paperwork in, this is one you should get.

"I received a free or discounted product in exchange for providing an unbiased review."

Microfiber Glove , Topist Car Wash Mitt/Chenille Mitt Gloves /Premium Quality Cleaning Cloth for Car Cleaning & Auto Detailing .(Pack of 2) (blue)
Offered by Topistuk

5.0 out of 5 stars ... vehicles so this two-pack of wash mitts was the perfect thing for our house, 29 Jun. 2016
We have two vehicles so this two-pack of wash mitts was the perfect thing for our house. But wait! I think I will put one in the kitchen to help with nightly dinner clean-ups.

The mitt has a ribbed elastic cuff and my size 7 glove hand has plenty of room inside so even hubby could use it with no problems. The mitt is dark blue and made of chenille microfiber so it is safe for your ceramic or Teflon pans.

It will also be a great dusting mitt as you can get in the nooks and crannies that are so hard to dust. With it being lint free, it won’t leave anything behind.

Of course, it will be great for washing the vehicles as well but maybe I will just have to buy another set so I can have them inside the house as well as outside.

Foldable Fabric Storage Boxes Organizer Bins - 6 Beige Cubeicals Cubes Baskets by Home-Complete

5.0 out of 5 stars The supports have a small tab on them for easy removability. Each cube has one sewn-on fabric handle, 29 Jun. 2016
I am a nut when it comes to organization. Just ask my hubby! He will tell you it’s true. When I saw these six foldable cubes, I knew they were destined to be part of the way I organize.

Mine are grey in color and are approximately 10.5” x 11” x 10.75” in size and made of non-woven polypropylene with cardboard supports covered on one side with the same non-woven fabric. The supports have a small tab on them for easy removability. Each cube has one sewn-on fabric handle. They are “cat approved” for anyone who has cats, by the way. I couldn’t get the cube set up fast enough and my kitty was in.

I didn’t find that the cubes were stackable but for a one-layer unit of them on a top shelf, it isn’t a problem. And they are light-weight so you won’t need hubby to do any heavy lifting for you. Of course, instead of putting them on their sides, they can be used as an open box for storing anything that you could fit in it. In my case, fabric will fit just fine.

When I use up the fabric in one and don’t have anything to put in it, they can be folded flat and will only have a foot print of 11” x 10.5” x 1”. They wipe clean with a damp cloth or use a microfiber duster. I love these cubes.

Gonex Travel Duffel Bag Lightweight Duffel Bag-For Sport Camping Traveling Gym Vacation(Green)
Offered by YPC-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars it looks like a seat cushion at approximately 11” x 13” and ..., 29 Jun. 2016
Somehow when I pack for traveling, I manage to get everything I need into the two suitcases I take. Yet, when I come home, I am trying to cram everything in and it never fits. What is a girl to do?

That girl should have this foldable duffle bag! Folded, it looks like a seat cushion at approximately 11” x 13” and has a web wrist strap. Made of 210D rip-stop nylon, it zips closed on three sides with a silicone/braid pull. When open, it has the space as a large suitcase or if you know how much fits in 80 liters of space. With this bag, there are no more overweight charges at the airport. With it being water resistant, it is great to take on a camping trip.

The bag has a honeycomb design and mine is in a bright pink color. This bag will not be hard to pick out on a baggage carousel. There is an end zipper pocket and the huge main compartment. The bottom of the bag also has a zipper compartment on either bottom end. There are two handle straps and a removable shoulder strap with a padded section that attaches to D-rings for easier carrying.

Once you are home, storing this bag has a very small foot print and is light-weight so you won’t struggle to get that suitcase stored on a high shelf. This is one suitcase that everyone should have.

Surya Yoga Wheel - High-Density EVA Foam Prop Designed to Help You Open Up Your Chest, Back, Shoulder, and Hips. Improve Flexibility, Strength and Balance (Charcoal Gray, 33cmx33cmx12.5cm)
Offered by AVIVA YOGA Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It is like giving yourself a back massage, 29 Jun. 2016
Do you have back problems? Are you looking for a way to release the stress in your back? Then this wheel might just be the thing to help you do that.

I have back problems and every other day or so, I get this wheel out and lay down with my back to the wheel and roll up and down my spine. Some days, my back pops but not every time. No matter whether it does or not, I feel relief from the stress of the day. It is like giving yourself a back massage.

I like that it comes with a stand made of the same hard EVA foam of the wheel. Now I don’t have to chase the wheel around the room! I was hoping for a pamphlet of different types of exercises that you could do but all that came in the box was the wheel and the stand.

I ordered mine in charcoal grey but if you want a bit of color, it also comes in orange. There are 12 holes in the wheel so you can place your fingers in them to hold the wheel where you want it. If you are looking for a way to work the stress out of your back, hips or shoulders, this wheel might just be the thing you need.

Aidonger Unisex Vintage Canvas Casual Backpack (Khaki)
Aidonger Unisex Vintage Canvas Casual Backpack (Khaki)
Offered by super-kaufshop

5.0 out of 5 stars I love backpacks whether they are the size of the purse ..., 28 Jun. 2016
I love backpacks whether they are the size of the purse I carry every day or they are ones I use for packing when I fly.

This one is made of canvas with a cotton lining with a one-year warranty. The canvas is dark tan with red brown leather like accents. The design reminds me of a mail bag that was used when trains carried mail across America. Approximately 16” x 14” x 3” in size, it can be carried by the handle on the top or by the padded shoulder straps attached to the back.

The backpack has a long flap that looks like it should open with two buckles but they are really snaps under the buckles. It also has a zippered pocket approximately 8” x 7.5”. When you flip the flap up, you will find an open pocket that has a snap in the center. It is 11.5” x 12”.

Also under the flap is the zippered main compartment. In there is a padded pocket with a Velcro strap to hold an iPad in place or a computer is it will fit in those dimensions. The front of the main compartment has a zippered pocket that is 8” x 5.5”.

If you like backpacks for hauling around your stuff like I do, this is the bag you should have as it will hold up through lots of use.

Aidonger Unisex Canvas Spacious Handbag Shoulder Bag Travel Bag (Coffee)
Aidonger Unisex Canvas Spacious Handbag Shoulder Bag Travel Bag (Coffee)
Offered by super-kaufshop

5.0 out of 5 stars We all know how hard the airlines can be on ..., 28 Jun. 2016
We all know how hard the airlines can be on suitcases so having this canvas duffel bag will make it easier on the wear and tear.

Made of canvas, this duffel is approximately 20” x 7” x 10” in size. Each end has a zippered section that allows for the duffel to expand. There is also a zippered pocket on each end the size of the bag. On the back is a zippered pocket approximately 8” x 4”. The front has a zippered pocket that has another outside zipper on the front of the pocket. The pocket itself is 11” x 6.5” and the other pocket is 7.5” x 4”. WOW! Lots of pockets on the outside.

The main compartment is 17” long by 7” x 10”. Inside on the back is yet another zippered pocket. This one is 7.5” x 5.5”. The front of the main compartment also has two open pockets for a phone or other similar sized item.

To carry this bag, there are 1.5” web handles with a handle wrap or you can carry it by the shoulder strap that has a padded section so the webbing doesn’t cut into your shoulder. It is attached with webbing and D-rings and the strap has a clip so you can pack the shoulder strap when you check your bag for flying.

The whole bag is lined in cotton material in dark brown and the bag is deep tan canvas with dark brown straps and pulls. There is a one-year warranty as well.

If you cannot put what you need for a week’s worth of travel in this bag, you are just not packing right.

Aidonger Unisex Canvas Messenger Bag Shoulder Bag Ipad Bag (Black)
Aidonger Unisex Canvas Messenger Bag Shoulder Bag Ipad Bag (Black)
Offered by super-kaufshop

5.0 out of 5 stars I find that having a canvas bag is the best idea for this requirement, 28 Jun. 2016
When I have a bag, I want it to hold up. I find that having a canvas bag is the best idea for this requirement.

The size is approximately 8.5” x 10” x 3” and has four outside zippers. The back one is about ¾ of the height of the bag and the next one holds my iPad gen 3 with a jelly case on it. The next is the main compartment which has a zippered front mesh pocket about half the height of the bag and a zippered back pocket that is about half the height of the bag. The front zippered pocket is the full length of the bag’s flap.

Under the flap, which closes with Velcro, is another zippered pocket with eight card sized pockets and a pen/pencil pocket. There is even space to put a small notebook or other such items.

The shoulder strap is 1/5” web type and adjustable for length and attached to the bag by a D-ring through a leather piece. If that wasn’t enough, there is a leather handle attached by the same webbing as the shoulder strap so you could carry it by that.

The whole bag is lined in cotton material in a dark brown. The bag itself is done in black and has a one-year warranty.

This is one great shoulder bag. It definitely has my attention with all the pockets and the ability to fit my iPad.

Resistance Loop Bands Eyourlife Set of 4 Fitness Exercise Yoga Pilates Bands Belts Best for Stretching,Training,Injury Rehabilitation at Home or gym
Offered by Yuema

4.0 out of 5 stars They are great for home exercise while sitting in front of the ..., 26 Jun. 2016
This is a set of four exercise bands made of TPE thermoplastic elastomer. They come in four colors: purple, pink, green and blue and are 4.7” x 5.9”. They are great for home exercise while sitting in front of the TV. Just hang on to each end, put a foot in the loop and push with the foot and pull with your arms. Or hold the band in front of your chest and pull each end out. Of course, there are many more exercise positions you can do but you get the idea.

They are good for packing in your suitcase when you travel and are unable to get to a gym. Or maybe you are home recovering from an injury or surgery and need physical therapy. These will help with the exercises the therapist gives you.

I didn’t find that one band was harder to pull than another which is what I thought when I saw four different colors. At least, they all felt the same when I pulled them in front of my chest. There are no instructions with the bands or even an explanation of what they are. A list of suggested types of exercises would have been good.

If you know what you are doing, are in physical therapy and have been given home exercises or just want to do a simple leg or arm stretch, these bands will help you do that.

Hangsun Electric Facial Brush SC200 Advanced Waterproof Sonic Cleansing System Portable Face Exfoliator Rechargeable Face Cleanser Massager Automatic Scrubber Machine with 3 Replacement Heads for Skin Care and Body (Pink)
Offered by E&E Home

5.0 out of 5 stars ... that is suitable for gift giving or just plain great for storage, 26 Jun. 2016
This facial brush set arrived in a heavy duty cardboard box that is suitable for gift giving or just plain great for storage. The items are in semi-hard foam so they are well protected before you get it. Even the lid has a layer of foam.

The rechargeable electric brush comes with three different brushes, a charging base, a USB charging cord and an AC adapter. The brush needs to be charged before using the first time and this is a straight forward process even if you didn’t read the included instruction manual.

The brush flashes until it is charged completely and then turns white. It has three speeds and works for 30 seconds and then beeps. That is to tell you to move on to another section of your face. The instructions say you can apply soap to your face and then use the brush or just place the soap on the brush and use it. I found it works better for me if I put the soap on my face.

I felt my face was nicely clean after using. Everything cleaned easily with no worries about putting the brush itself in water. Each brush has a plastic “cup” to put it in when you are not using that particular brush.

If you have wanted a facial brush system, I would recommend you get this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20