Profile for Britzone > Reviews

Content by Britzone

Britzone "Brit" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Under The Dome - Exclusive Preview
Under The Dome - Exclusive Preview
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars was ready for the finish but .., 15 Jun 2014
To say that this is a mini series is misleading because it turns out to be one of those series with no obvious end in sight. I was following it on Amazon Instant Video and was quite surprised and disappointed when it just stopped. I have not read or even heard of the book. As a viewer I found it very watchable but thought it was long enough and I was ready for it to end. The main gripe, apart from it having no end, was the way the scorched earth outside the dome suddenly returned to lush fields and whole buildings, roads, etc without any explanation or anyone noticing the difference.
I have only given it 3 stars because I think it should have ended properly after just one series.

The Mist
The Mist
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars what a waste of two hours, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Mist (Amazon Instant Video)
A bit like Hitchcock's 'The Birds' but more pointless, depressing and miserable. Why did anyone even bother to make this.

Asus X102BA 10.1-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black) - (AMD A4 1200 1.0GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Home)
Offered by TODO! TODO!
Price: 241.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Very slow., 30 Mar 2014
I was looking forward to using this machine but I have never been more frustrated by anything before. A two minute task on other machines takes over 15 minutes with this one. Sometimes it decides it doesn't want to work at all. It's basically been a total waste of time and money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 8:02 PM BST

Trust MC-1200 PC Microphone
Trust MC-1200 PC Microphone
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited
Price: 4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish., 17 Feb 2014
if you tap it quite hard you can hear the click of the mic on full volume, but other than that it picks up nothing.

Smith: The Complete Series [DVD]
Smith: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian Ramsey
Price: 9.03

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointed., 4 Jan 2014
I missed this when it was shown in the 70s but I have always loved the book. My main criticism of this TV version is that it lacks atmosphere. The cast act as though it was made for stage rather then TV - the way they project their voices, etc. Also, no snow, even when doing the scene where Mr Black was pointing out the foot-prints in the snow there was no snow. The menacing men in brown were way too un-menacing; and why did the landlord seem to think he was playing "Long John Silver"?
It was interesting to see this version, but I was more than happy to discard it and go back to reading the book.

Softly Softly Task Force: Series 1 [DVD]
Softly Softly Task Force: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stratford Johns
Price: 24.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Still one of the best British police shows of all time., 18 Dec 2013
I used to watch this when I was a boy but now I am better able to appreciate the depth of the stories and characters. Barlow was always someone I looked up to and it's good to see he still has that impression. The acting was first rate. The quality of film is not bad for it's age, in fact it's better than I expected. I hope they release the entire series - also "Barlow At Large". I've been kept waiting too long already.

VIBOX Centre 4 - 4.0GHz AMD Quad-Core, Gaming PC, Multimedia, Desktop PC, Computer with 1x Top Game Bundle (New 4.0GHz AMD, Athlon Quad-Core Processor, 2GB AMD Radeon R7 240 Graphics Card, 1TB HDD Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHZ RAM, No Operating Software)
Offered by Vibox Ltd
Price: 554.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job .. but, 6 Feb 2013
The only problem I had with this computer was the size. It is huge. I had to seriously rearrange the office to make room for it. I thought the general idea was to make computers smaller, but this is the biggest I have seen, so if you are short of space then you might need to look elsewhere. Once the problem of accommodating the beast was solved it worked fine.

Mister Corbett's Ghost [DVD]
Mister Corbett's Ghost [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Schofield
Price: 6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars very true to Garfield, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mister Corbett's Ghost [DVD] (DVD)
Like always I recommend you try to read the book first, but this TV version stays true and has the right atmosphere for a cold New Year Eve. It's well acted and, in my opinion, is just the right length. I can watch it again .. and again.

5 Star Footrest Tilting Anti-skid Max.H102mm Platform 425x282mm
5 Star Footrest Tilting Anti-skid Max.H102mm Platform 425x282mm
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 11.65

1.0 out of 5 stars a cheap taiwanese puzzle, 23 Oct 2012
It came in 4 pieces with no instructions. I managed to put 3 bits of the footrest together but there was no way to connect to the main base. A totally waste of time and effort.

Minder 2009 Series 1 [2008] [DVD]
Minder 2009 Series 1 [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shane Richie
Price: 9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 23 Oct 2011
Having been a fan of the original Minder I had doubts about whether a new series would work. I'd been told that this was a remake with somebody else playing Arthur Daley, and I was pleased that this was not the case. This is a totally new, and different, series. I gave it a fair chance and, despite my fears, I found that I liked it. It carries on from the original Minder - and develops its own identity which compliments the original very well. It's a pity that it was not given more of a chance. I enjoyed it and still watch this DVD, along with the original. Those who refused to give it a chance have missed a real treat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3