Profile for M Williams > Reviews

Young Gun SGS Junior Eagle Golf Set Blue AGE 6-8
Young Gun SGS Junior Eagle Golf Set Blue AGE 6-8
Offered by The Sports HQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 14 May 2014
I highly recommend these clubs as a great value set. I was impressed with the quality and durability. I bought them alongside a book called "The Little Book of Indoor Putting Games" - a great idea to help kids practice and improve their putting at home. They have both been excellent for my son as he takes up the game.

PGA Tour Golf 2-in-1 Turf Practice Mat
PGA Tour Golf 2-in-1 Turf Practice Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 27 Mar 2012
This is good for outdoor practice and I especially recommend it for kids who are learning as it stops them taking divots out of the garden. All in all, I was pleased with this product. I also recommend it alongside some Foam Practice Balls.

The Timeless Swing: Learn at Any Age from His Lessons of a Lifetime
The Timeless Swing: Learn at Any Age from His Lessons of a Lifetime
by Tom Watson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 3 Feb 2012
I got given this for Christmas and I found the lessons to be relevant and useful. On the whole there is a lot of great advice from one of the game's all time greats. Not quite up there with Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf but definitely worth reading none-the-less.

The Phantom of the Open: Maurice Flitcroft, The World's Worst Golfer
The Phantom of the Open: Maurice Flitcroft, The World's Worst Golfer
by Scott Murray

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 11 Nov 2011
I thought this was one of the most original stories I have read for a long time. Maurice Flitcroft's story is entertaining, remarkable and very easy to read. As well as for golfers, I think this is an excellent book/gift for sports fans in general. "Dream On: One Hacker's Challenge to Break Par in a Year" is another book I recommend as a great read.

Golf Chipping Net by Longridge
Golf Chipping Net by Longridge

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to practice, 10 Nov 2011
Good quality and great value for money. I also recommend practising indoors with a fun book called "The Little Book of Indoor Golf Games: Ways to Improve at Home or in the Office".

The LEGO® Ideas Book
The LEGO® Ideas Book
by Daniel Lipkowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Original Book, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: The LEGO® Ideas Book (Hardcover)
Bought this for my son and he loves it. Great ideas to fuel young imaginations. Many diverse ideas. Highly recommended.

The First Book of the Piano with CD (Usborne First Music)
The First Book of the Piano with CD (Usborne First Music)
by Eileen O'Brien

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, 2 Nov 2011
This book is great for kids who are learning from the beginning. The accompanying CD allows you to check you are doing it right and gives you something to aspire towards. The pieces build up nicely so as you work your way through the book, you gain skills step by step. Another piano book I recommend for learners is "CHESTER'S EASIEST PIANO COURSE BOOK 1 PF: Bk.1".

Red Scarf Girl: A Memoir of the Cultural Revolution
Red Scarf Girl: A Memoir of the Cultural Revolution
by David Henry Hwang

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and revealing book, 2 Nov 2011
This book tells the fascinating story of a young girl growing up in the Cultural Revolution. The constant threats of exposure that her family suffer underpin her life and ultimately force her to chose between her family and Mao's regime. It is a simply but vividly written book which captures beautifully the conditions of that troubled time.

Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Great Britain (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by David Else

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Nov 2011
I've never been disappointed with the Lonely Planet books and this one once again gives me everything I hope to find. It's a great companion for a trip anywhere in Britain and provides up-to-date information on hotels, restaurants and places of interest. The clearly presented maps are also very useful. If you like travelling in Britain, I also highly recommend you consider getting "Notes From A Small Island" by Bill Bryson. It's a fun read and a witty look at life here from the point of view of an American.

World's Weirdest Animals
World's Weirdest Animals
by Matt Roper

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for kids and big kids, 2 Nov 2011
Just ordered this for Christmas and I'm sure my family will love it. It's full of weird and wonderful creatures with great photography to go with them. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4