Profile for Jenny Tyrrell > Reviews

Content by Jenny Tyrrell

Jenny Tyrrell (Barnsley, UK)

The Company of Shadows
The Company of Shadows
by Ruth Newman

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 28 July 2010
This review is from: The Company of Shadows (Paperback)
I bought this book based on my enjoyment of Ruth Newman's debut novel Twisted Wing, and I can certainly say I am NOT disappointed! Whilst a very different story from Twisted Wing, the plot has almost as many twists and turns and develops at just the right pace to keep you hooked but not lose you. Only my full-time job and two small children prevented me from finishing this book in one sitting - I whole-heartedly recommend it!

Twisted Wing
Twisted Wing
by Ruth Newman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 April 2009
This review is from: Twisted Wing (Paperback)
This book is such a page turner that I read it in one sitting! The story grips you from the outset and I found it impossible to stop reading as I simply had to know the outcome. The psychological aspect of the book really adds to its overall quality. I found myself trying to solve the mystery of the story before the end and was quite smug with myself certain in the knowledge that I had, but no - this book has enough twist and turns to baffle even the most proficient sleuth - I defy anyone to successfully second guess the ending! I strongly recommend this book - but once you pick it up, don't expect to get anything else done, including sleep, until you've finished it.