Profile for Mr. A. J. Pearson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Home
Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great release!, 11 April 2015
This review is from: Home (Audio CD)
Just another great album by this exceptional band. It is hard to follow alums like Postumous and Sceneries, but they have produced many great albums in between. This is the next one after the excellent Sceneries and is a real grower - superb as ever,

Million Blues
Million Blues
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Prog Rock but Great Stuff, 11 April 2015
This review is from: Million Blues (Audio CD)
Heard this album after it being recommended by the Pendragon Band site - I think the album is on their Toff records label. It is not Prog Rock though. Excellent song based album. Great writing and singing. I suppose its more soft rock / pop based - a little like Tears For Fears or The Kite.
Highly recommended.

Pioneer N-30-S Network Audio Player with Front USB - Silver
Pioneer N-30-S Network Audio Player with Front USB - Silver
Offered by Superfi

4.0 out of 5 stars For Sound Quality & Price? - worth it!, 28 Mar. 2015
Bought this sometime ago and thought it time to comment. It has not been an easy plug and play product but did not expect it to be so. Not the N30's fault as I had to play about with my Synology NAS etc to get the best out of it. Excellent sound and nice looking unit. I use it to play 196/24 FLAC files from my NAS through my 5.1 Cinema Receiver. I have had some stuttering issues but think that is due to the high traffic I sometimes have on my network. Most of the time it plays really well without any issues.

I also have the same music folders saved on SATA discs and play via the front USB connection - I am not sure what size the front USB can cope with - but I am using 250gb SATA's without issue - one has 220gb worth of music on it. I am struggling to get album art to come through but that is something my NAS will provide the answer for - I hope.

The front LCD panel is small and pretty useless unless you have the N-30 next to you. You cannot also connect it to your TV which would be great. I found an answer by setting up a tiny CCTV camera (about £9) which connects to the TV's AV source - it is not HD quality but works really well.

The Pioneer app for Apple and Android phones works quite well but could be better.

But for sound quality and price - well worth it.

Wanted (Cd+dvd)
Wanted (Cd+dvd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Wanted (Cd+dvd) (Audio CD)
Great album - love 5.1 releases also.

WD My Passport Ultra 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Drive with Auto and Cloud Backup - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Jan. 2015
excellent - so easy to use very compact

Samsung Memory 32GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter
Offered by Inception

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Jan. 2015
Really good and a little cheaper than more famous makes

Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

Whole New World
Whole New World

5.0 out of 5 stars Class in a Glass!, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Whole New World (Audio CD)
Just superb - the remastered sound is excellent. This just reminds me what a great band they were - although they still exist without Francis Dunnery, and their new recent releases are well worth a listen. It's the extra tracks that do it for me. Some of their best material seemed to be on b-sides for me. For some reason a couple of the extra tracks are missing - but I have them elsewhere.

Just get it!

FiiO X3 Portable MP3 Player
FiiO X3 Portable MP3 Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sound, 17 Jan. 2015
I am well into Hi Res music - I don't download it - too expensive. I rip my music to Flac and then convert to Hi Res (192/24) via the HD Solo Ultra software. The results are excellent. Now this player allows me to listen via headphones, via my 5.1 Home Theatre system and my car stereo. On headphones is where it really shines - the sound is crystal clear and I swear I am hearing new sounds. Through my Home Theatre system the sound is also great - not sure it has enough punch behind it as I have to turn up the volume. Plugged into the car is also superb. I am really happy with the player and fully recommend it - especially at the price.

Why 4 stars - well I can only get it to work with 32gb sd cards. You will find so many threads on the internet about this issue of 64gb sd cards. I have been in contact with Fiio about this issue and they are great at getting back to me with advice. I have tried all the advice out there but nothing works. So I have resigned myself to just using 32gb cards - with my collection I may need about 10 of them.

The problem is not enough to stop me keeping the player - a future firmware release may correct this issue.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Really poor quality, 28 Dec. 2014
The mechanism that keeps the brushhead in touch with the electronic brush breaks after a few days. I thought this pack would last me a while but I'm going through them really quickly.

Page: 1 | 2