Profile for Oxfordshire gardener > Reviews

Content by Oxfordshire ga...

Oxfordshire gardener

Just Seed Tomato - Rosada F1 - 10 Seeds - Recommended
Just Seed Tomato - Rosada F1 - 10 Seeds - Recommended
Offered by Impatiens

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be any Tomato!, 17 Feb. 2015
These seeds came from Singapore and therefore postage is slow, obviously! That wasn't the problem though.... I have ordered Tomato 'Rosada' which I specifically want. What I have received is a little foil packet that just says Tomato, it could be any of 100 varieties and I am not going to know until 4 months down the line! Very annoying, if they turn out to be correct I will post another review, but I doubt it.

Vileda Viva Dry Cascade 3-Tier Airer
Vileda Viva Dry Cascade 3-Tier Airer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the sturdier clothes drier I had been searching for., 4 Mar. 2013
I browsed through loads of comments on clothes airers. All reported flimsy items that collapsed after a few uses. I had experienced this myself with the previous one I bought - nothing like the one I bought 11 years ago that lasted forever until I lost all the plastic feet and it started to scratch the floor! Why are we subjected to so much cheap rubbish these days?
Anyway, this one is more expensive, so I did ponder a bit, then decided to try it.
I was not disappointed, it is much like the quality of the old times. It has a catch system a bit like an ironing board, so it is much less likely to collapse under the strain. It even stands up by itself when folded, which can be useful.
I think in the long term it is money saving as I wont have to buy another in 6 months time, so I highly recommend it.

My Secret Garden
My Secret Garden
by Alan Titchmarsh

5.0 out of 5 stars One to curl up by the fire with when you can't get in your garden., 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: My Secret Garden (Hardcover)
Should have been one for the Christmas stocking, but being curious I couldn't wait, so treated myself early.
So glad I did, what a lovely read, and great inspiration while it was raining outside.
I was surprised what a formal style Alan has now. Not entirely my taste, especially the dolphin pool!, but interesting never the less.
I would have liked the design plan at the back to have been clearer. Maybe scale would have helped. And Alan, where are your vegetables?.... confined to the corner, and not pictured..... don't let Monty know!